Welcome to Gaia! ::

Awesome Anime and Manga Guild {Join Now!}

Back to Guilds

This is a place for people to discuss manga and anime, as well as meet people with the same interests! Join Today! 

Tags: Manga, Anime, Friends, Roleplay, Discussion 

Reply Main Anime and Manga Guild Forum
How did YOU get into Manga/Anime? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Manga or Anime
  Manga
  Anime
View Results

iR Frozen

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:56 pm
I asked my friend what his favorite anime was randomly one day at lunch, and he said it was Death Note or Fullmetal Alchemist. I went home and watched it, and continue to watch anime till this day.

As for manga? Well, I didn't really get introduced to it, I kinda found it.  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:48 pm
One day, I remembered watching Tokyo Mew Mew on Saturday Mornings as a little kid. So I went and researched it and it lead to finding out about more anime and then I started to like it. Weird story, eh?  

Miss Lillian Van Dort

katt725
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:01 am
I found out when my friend let me borrow her Fruits Basket manga, and I liked it enough to help her get the books she didn't have. I started looking at other manga in the manga section in the book store and became very interested in it. For anime, I started watching tv late at night and full metal alchemist happened to be on, so I started watching the whole series, and started watching other animes as well.  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:54 am
when.i.was.little.i.used.to.get.up.in.the.morning.just.to.watch.sailor.moon
dragonball.kensin.pokemon.yu-gi-oh.and.digimon..that.what.the.only.thing.i.enjoyed.most.in.the.weekends..
then.tho.when.i.got.a.pc.and.then.net.and.grew.older.i.started.watching.more.online..
as.for.manga..i.bought.some.books.when.i.saw.them.at.a.bookshop.and.stick.with.them

1_x-AKANE-x_1

5,850 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

CampoZmb

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:19 pm
one day.. while chatting with my friends... my cousin told me the onemanga.com webpage... and he told me to read the manga that are in there... so i began to read... and i got an interest in shoujo manga!! xp ... from that day on my life is full of manga!!... but because of my cousin.. i dont do my homework.... because i dont have time.... crying

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:09 am
Anime: I uses to watch many different animes when I was young, that didnt change much until now.
Manga: A friend of mine once bought a manga/anime magazine and there was an article on Fullmetal Alchemist. I found it interesting and thats how I bought my first manga. 3nodding  

Lady DeepBlue

CloEatsRainbows

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:16 pm
I was On a Sims download website and I saw L From deathnote so I Typed In Deathnote Episode 1 English Dub On youtube and Really Got into it, From the comments on them I saw That Fruit Baskets was a favourite of other people and I looked at that on Youtube and Fell In Love With It ninja

As for Manga, Well I kind of found it.
lol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:26 pm
i remember watching sailor moon when i was a kid.
and then there was doraemon, bubu cha cha (this baby and his dead dog's sould in the car),
crash gear, yu-gi-oh, pokemon, digimon, dragonball ,
i cant recall the others ..
and then fruits basket came. so did naruto ,
and looked them online.
and then my firend told me about mangas ,
which i read now than watch animes. that (:  

Dainty_Dollxx

ArakawaMusic

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:52 pm
The first anime I ever saw... was Cased Closed.
It got me interested in Anime.
Then I saw DBZ and that kinda killed it.
Then a few years later, I rediscovered my faith in Anime after watching Full Metal Alchemist.

(And at above user: HI LARA! I didn't know you were in this guild. o_o )  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:03 am
When I was little, I just woke up early one morning and saw pokemon, and fell in love with it. I then continued to watch digimon, yugioh, megaman, all that kind of stuff. And, as I got older, my interests started to grow out to different types of anime.

As for manga, well, actually I started reading manga before I knew what 'manga' actually was... As a little five year old I found pokemon manga in the library, but since I didn't know what it was, I read it backwards (left to right instead of right to left)... and I would always wonder, "Why does it seem like the events are happening backwards?" sweatdrop
But, the first manga that I had, that I actually knew was manga, was CardCaptor Sakura - I got it for one of my birthdays, read it, and that book started my entire manga collection ^-^  

xXx Yami no Tenshi xXx

DarkCh40sX3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:54 pm
i started drawing anime in 3rd grade
i didn't call it anime cuz i didn't kno i was drawing anime
after a few years pple called me anime/manga person watev
i don't really member
then i finally found out i was drawing anime sweatdrop
wierd story right?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:30 pm
Hehe, well that is unique.  

katt725
Vice Captain

lil miyuki93

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:53 am
i just kind of went into the library one day and saw the manga section and picked out a manga..... then i later found out that the manga was an anime!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:13 pm
i found out about anime and caught introduced to some others 3nodding  

petmaster0202

Main Anime and Manga Guild Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out