Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Secondhand Lions: Have you watched it?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ymPsiegetanK

Greedy Capitalist

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:31 pm
We were having a program called Senior Day today so we watched a movie of an intergenerational genre for the seniors. Secondhand Lions was one of the movies that I really liked. There is good comedy and the story is great too. Have you watched it? If you haven't and you're bored, I think you should watch it. Robert Duvall was awesome here.  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:34 pm
The name for me was misleading. I thought it was going to be about a zoo or something. But after I watched it, I loved it. Especially the older guys because they were from a time when the culture was different and yet they managed to connect with a kid who was two generations ahead.  

irishcocoa

Tourbillon

3,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:46 pm
Yes, I absolutely loved that movie -^.^- I saw it when it first came out in theaters, and it was a very fun show to watch. I loved what they did with the money at the end XD  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:12 am
irishcocoa
The name for me was misleading. I thought it was going to be about a zoo or something. But after I watched it, I loved it. Especially the older guys because they were from a time when the culture was different and yet they managed to connect with a kid who was two generations ahead.

My teacher was talking about the simbolism of the name...

Definition of secondhand: derived from what is primary or original
So she said that it meant that the two seniors which are referred as lions since they were so fierce once ago; are secondhand since they're retired but they can still be strong since they're lions. Something like that o-o

Listening to '39 by Queen 3nodding  

ymPsiegetanK

Greedy Capitalist

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100

auragleaf02

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:18 pm
i loved the movie and i own the specail set with deleted scenes, though i wish they could've put the alternate ending then the one they had  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:38 pm
auragleaf02
i loved the movie and i own the specail set with deleted scenes, though i wish they could've put the alternate ending then the one they had

what was the alternate one?  

ymPsiegetanK

Greedy Capitalist

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100

Lady Elmira

Dapper Informer

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:16 pm
I saw it first at a friends house thinking it wasn't going to be that good. But the movie surprised me. I love it. The way the brothers interact with each other is the best part. I haven't seen it a while. I'll have to rent it soon.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:31 pm
I love this movie. The old guys are so funny. And the story about their life is interesting.  

Rummred

auragleaf02

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:50 pm
ymPsiegetanK
auragleaf02

what was the alternate one?

Where walter and his family are at the funeral, at their uncles place, we see that walter has two sons and name them after his uncles, then all of a sudden the legion in which they bleong to came with thier horses and the shiek whomwe presume is long dead comes back to say good bye to his rivals it is awesome X3  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:30 pm
Secondhand Lions is a very good movie smile  

JInnYenn

Stop Dont Believin

Golden Girl

25,150 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Scarface 150
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:39 pm
It's an absolutely adorable movie. :] I wish more people had seen it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:45 am
Oh my gosh!! Other people have seen it too! whee I thought I was alone. Everyone I've asked has no idea what I'm talking about.
I absolutely loved it; it's now one of my favorite films. It has such a good story, and the characters are all wonderful...except for maybe their nasty, money-grubbing relatives. xd
I think I'm gonna go watch it again.  

TakNomed

Romantic Heckler

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Millionaire 200

rEaLiTy_vs_fAiRyTaLeS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:53 pm
I loved Second Hand Lions I was obsessed with it for so long! That movie was great I loved the lion biggrin I wonder how they got her...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:01 pm
rEaLiTy_vs_fAiRyTaLeS
I loved Second Hand Lions I was obsessed with it for so long! That movie was great I loved the lion biggrin I wonder how they got her...

I guess they bought her... To bad she died D:  

ymPsiegetanK

Greedy Capitalist

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100

Speedira

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:45 pm
It sounds familiar,but I don't think I've watched it.  
T3h Movie World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games