Reply Main Forum
sims 3 installation errors?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lindsex

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:32 pm
so i bought my copy of sims 3 today, and it seems like my computer won't read the disc. It tells me to insert a disc into the drive, even though the sims 3 disc is already in there. Apparently a lot of other people are having this issue too, but I'm not sure...

has anybody else encountered errors?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:11 pm
lindsex
so i bought my copy of sims 3 today, and it seems like my computer won't read the disc. It tells me to insert a disc into the drive, even though the sims 3 disc is already in there. Apparently a lot of other people are having this issue too, but I'm not sure...

has anybody else encountered errors?

mine worked fine. I installed it today with no problems. A few problems could be result from:

-DVD drive issue (or lack of)
-Lack of space (always make sure to have more than required)

I suppose if one of those isn't the problem and others have the same issue than there's a coding error on the disc. But still, many others do not have a problem...  

Keyres

Zahmira

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:12 pm
That sounds a lot like putting a DVD in a drive that doesn't support DVDs. Are you sure you have a DVD drive, and if so, does it play other DVDs properly?

You might also want to try sticking the disc in another computer, just to make sure it's the disc and not your computer.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:40 pm
yeahhh, figured it out. you were right, i was putting it in a drive that didn't support the game. i'm such an idiot, thanks guys. lol  

lindsex

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff