16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

ralola

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:58 pm
ok id like 2 know ur thoughts on this
do u think its corect?
did u learn anything new?
well plz read the below
(note:everything in this essay is TRUE or just plain logical if u dont agree plz dont get upset if this insulted u it insulted me 2 but once i thought about it it made sence)

ok i was bored and looking 4 sum smokin hot pics of deidara then i found this essay this girl has the exsact same idea of deidara as i do i also have a fanfiction on an anime pairing of my OC and Deidara(not even cody knows about the fanfiction thing i dont want anyone 2 read it atleast not yet) so yes here tis the essay on deidara enjoy:

by naturelover17 at livejournal.com

1. Deidara's name
Although I'm not exactly sure where Kishimoto got his name or how he put it together, some fans did some research and found some of the multiple meanings of his name. "Dei" means "mud", and "dara" comes from the mythical Japanese giant Daidarabochi.

I could be wrong, but I suppose Kishimoto put those two together, "mud" because Deidara uses clay, and "dara" since one of his artworks is a giant of himself, the C-4 Garuda, which means "enemy of snakes", so that would explain a thing or two. So while we'ere all unsure of the meaning behind Deidara's name completely, these possibilities seem like reasonable alibi.

2. Tarou Okamoto
After some research (and I suppose from Kishimoto himself XD), it's been found that Deidara's character was inspired by the famous Japanese surrealist and avant-garde artist Tarou Okamoto (1911-1996). Believe it or not, he was also who created Deidara's catchphrase "Art is a bang" or "Geijutsu wa Bakuhatsu da", in a Maxell video cassette commercial.

For a good portion of his career, Tarou Okamoto studied art in France and worked along with many French artists, so he's quite known around there. I have found that there are sites about him and his history, although most of them are in French, (Being part French and since I speak it as a second language, I can read it and speak it all right, but I'm not the best mind you) but they pretty much talk about himself and some of his artworks.

Remember in Deidara's first battle with Gaara, when he dropped his C-3 bomb onto the village? And it was shaped like some kind of a ghostly-looking bird, and when it spread its wings? And then in chapter 362 when Deidara blew up and it created almost the same shape?

Well, as most of you may know, those two events were actually inspired by Okamoto's Tower Of The Sun sculpture which stands in the centre of Expo Memorial Park in Osaka. You can also find a miniature model in the Okamoto Memorial Museum in Tokyo.

Also, most of Deidara's models actually have the same eye shape just like most of Okamoto's sculptures, so there's a bit more inspiration in there also.

Deidara's arm situation (mostly his right) is based on Okamoto's painting The Wounded Arm since not only was it his right arm, but the but also the black thread wrapped around the arm in the painting kind of reminds you of Kakuzu's stitches. So there's another reason he was inspired by Okamoto.

3. Deidara's Art
As all you Deidara fans (or those of you that know who he is in general) know, Deidara is an artist and chooses to use artistic means against his opponents in battle.

With the help of the mouths on his palms, Deidara feeds clay to them, they mush it all up and it forms the shape of whatever Deidara chooses to use. He creates them for a variety of uses; such as transportation, to confuse his opponents, cloning, defending and simply attacking. He levels the explosion and ability by chakra levels, going from C-1 being the weakest to C-4 being the strongest. In between is C-2 and C-3. He then also adds chakra to them in order to make them appear to be living. To attack, he generally makes them explode on command,

Deidara has a theory on art, that it's a fleeting image that's here one moment and then instanteneously gone. He proves that by creating clay models that explode. I also have a bit of a theory on why he does say that. I could be wrong, but I have put a little thought into it and realized what he could truly mean by it. You know the line "You don't know what you have until it's gone", or something along those lines? It kind of looks into how in life we take a lot of things for granted, and only realize its value when it's gone. I think that because Deidara loves art like he does, he wants to truly appreciate it and value it because it means so much to him. So, he realizes that to truly appreciate and value something, is if it's fleeting.

It's also why I bet Deidara would enjoy a sunset. It's a truly beautiful image, and it's very fleeting. Here for a while, and then soon it's gone. Also, the change of seasons. The weather, when it rains or snows or whatever. And also, life itself. What makes life truly precious is the fact it could end at any time. Life is also fleeting, it comes, and then it can be gone at any time.

Of course, I could be totally wrong about this. But it's what I presumed it to be along some lines. It does make sense at least, don't you think?

So that's why Deidara does create clay models that explode. He sees an explosion a true depiction of art; a beautiful, fleeting image. ...And I guess as a personal quirk. XD

4. Deidara's sexuality
Because Deidara is often paired with other males of the anime (most of which being either Sasori, Tobi or Itachi), it creates the fandom misconception that he is gay. But I'll get to the misconceptions later.

Now, I know I can't speak for Deidara or Kishimoto, but I do believe he is not gay. There are two reasons for that.

1)Deidra has never made or said any kind of implication to being gay. He never said it, thought it or did anything of the sort that would scream "I'M GAY!!!!". However I know we don't know for sure.

2)His other catchphrase "Pop is dead! My style is Superflat!" also depicts criticizing homosexuality along some lines. So why would he say such a thing if he was gay? Well of course I'd get the tired argument of "Well maybe he's still in the closet and won't admit it" or whatever. I don't think so. I think Deidara is very real about how he feels about something, and I know despite how society still frowns upon homosexuality for no good reason, I don't know if he would have much problem admitting it. I'm not at all saying he'd create a montage about it, but something along the line in which he does indeed prove he is gay.

To further explain the Superflat movement, I have taken this paragraph out of Kamden's essay on Deidara.
"The Superflat Art Movement (which is currently only in Japan), on the other hand, opposes Pop art. Superflat is a postmodern art movement, founded by the artist Takashi Murakami, which is influenced by manga and anime. The term is used by Murakami to refer to various flattened forms in Japanese graphic art, animation, pop culture and fine arts, as well as the shallow emptiness of Japanese consumer culture. It focuses on being critical to the modernization, Westernization, and commercialization of Japan since WWII. It is also critical of the sexual fetishism (which INCLUDES homosexuality, lolicon, shotacon, and otaku sexuality) of postwar Japan."

So in any case guys, I doubt Deidara is gay. And gay or not, he's still very young and he doesn't have any time or interest for love at the moment (I know he's dead now, but I don't follow that, shut it.) and it also doesn't have any relevance to the storyline, so it doesn't really matter.

Also guys, I am aware that "danna" can also mean "husband". So I know all the SasoDei fans are squealing about that Deidara is refering to Sasori as his spouse. But I'm sorry to say that he is not. Now look, I am not trying to crush your fantasies in any way. I am being realistic. So before you throw tomatoes at me, please listen. Deidara refers to Sasori as "danna" in the context of "Master", in a way to acknowledge that Sasori is indeed stronger than he is, and also as his senior. In the anime, Deidara also refers to Kisame and Itachi as "danna" for the same reason. So guys, he is not doing it out of affection, he is doing it out of intellectuality.

Besides, when he found that Sasori was dead, yeah, I don't remember him bawling and crying. In fact, he was almost laughing! He was more focused on the situation, as opposed to Sasori being dead. Now look, I'm not pointing any fingers or saying either of you SasoDei fans are so sure he did, and I know there are some out there who may be in denial of it. But the SasoDei fans I know, as much as they ship the pairing, they know very well it hasn't and will never happen in the series, and are the first to admit that.

5. Deidara's personality
I like the way Kamden described Deidara's personality, because it makes sense. She describes it as explosive. It makes sense because his reactions and emotions are always sudden and switch quickly from one to the other. Like she said, it depicts his philosphy on art and on life itself.

Deidara is also very cocky, to the point of being overconfident. Quite sadistic, arrogant and downright insane. Well, not necessarily because he's not COMPLETELY insane, but Kamden described it as "borderline insanity" as seen int he anime, and at the end of his life also when he pretty much cracked. I suppose along some lines, he had some mental instabilities. I'm not at all saying he was an idiot, which he wasn't.

It's also apparent that Deidara dislikes it when people are bland and stoic, and not giving a proper reaction. He feels as though they're disregarding his art, and are just plain boring. He likes to rile up others (Naruto for example) to get a reaction and wait for something exciting to happen. Which was why he had goaded Naruto, and also told Sasori he was going to take it upon himself to defeat Naruto, which I guess was also to anger Sasori, as well as to what he said "if an artist doesn't get high levels of inspiration, his sentiments are dulled." It explains his anger toward Sasuke in their battle when he did receive the kind of reactions he goes for.

When it comes to his art, Deidara is not only overconfident, but also narcissistic. However, there have also been fandom misconceptions about that factor, and I'll get to that later, but however, a lot perceive him to think that he's so good looking and gloats about it. But no. He refers to his art being perfect and unstoppable, not his looks. Never once has he said ANYTHING about how he looks.

Another thing too, Deidara is exactly what I mean when I say this; an arse. It's sad to say that, as a fan, but I am one of the first to admit that. Yes, Deidara is fairly decent if you're on his good side, but intellectually, he ain't no prince charming. I know some of us wish he was the cute and adorable little blushing chibi, but no. Intellectually, this is just how it is. Our favourite blonde explosive artist is a sadistic arsonist whether we like it or not.

His most distinctive trait is his love for art. He respects any form of it even if it disagrees with his own. Although Deidara stands by that, he can't resist arguing with Sasori about what true art is, which of course I guess is purely to get a reaction out of him. He does respect Sasori as a fellow artist, but Sasori doesn't return the favour, which is pretty sad. I guess that kind of adds to it in a way.

Also, as stated in the Naruto Databook that recently came out, a basic way to describe Deidara's personality is "self-respected" and "militant". Militant basically means no-nonsense and ruthless. Makes perfect sense, no? It's cool that he has self-respect, I really admire that. And he does seem to be the no-nonsense type if you ask me. XD Ruthless is a no-brainer, but you get the point.

6. Height and Age
Thanks to *Kamden, who had posted translated information on Deidara from the recent Naruto Databook, it fully revealed a bit more about Deidara!

His birthday is on May 5th, he was 19 in Shipuuden. Astrological sign: Taurus. I always figured he was between 17-19, and usually went with 18. But now we know! And I share his birthday, it's too funny. I freaked out when I saw that. XD

His height is 166 cm, or 5'5" (Not good with cm...><), so yeah, he's pretty short for his age. Then again, boys don't stop growing until they're 21, so he might have grown some more if he were still around. I don't like to go there, but yeah.

In all, he's 19, birthday on May 5th (MY BIRTHDAY TOO!!!) and he's short. XD

7. Fandom Misconceptions
Since Deidara came into play, he has had his share of fandom misconceptions. Probably the most popular has been his gender misconception.

Some either mistook his name or appearance for that of a girl. Although Deidara does have a fairly soft and feminine appearance along with long hair, it's blantantly obvious that he's guy. He uses male pronouns (although I don't quite understand that) and there have been some mistakes in the translation that depicted him as a woman. I think chapter 362 pretty much confirmed it, even BEFORE he ripped his shirt off. (SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! MY DREAM CAME TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 But he didn't listen to us on taking off his PANTS!) And ripping the shirt off was pretty manly in itself. So as all of you know, Deidara is a guy. Not only that, he is probably the manliest character in the series.

Also, Deidara is not a whiney, blushing, cute little uke type. As much as I think that's cute, and you all know I love to make fun of him, he is not like that. He never blushed, whined or cried at any point in the manga or anime. I hardly think he'd admit it too.

Another thing, like I said before, he's an arse. I know it's sad to all of us since we all want our favourite characters to be nice, but sadly no. Oh well! It's reality, people. On the other hand, you just can't help but love him. It's true! I don't normally go for characters who are arseholes, but Deidara is something else. I just love him to death. <3

Also, Deidara is NOT a sex slave to the Akatsuki. I know he's feminine-looking, and is young, but he is not a sex slave. He's a member of the orginization and is out to do his job, not give pleasure to the other members. I frankly don't like the sex slave idea either, because it makes the poor thing look like a slut, and he is not a slut.

Deidara is also NOT in love with Sasori (or anyone else for that matter), as I kind of said of this before. However, the fastest way to his heart is through his art (haha, rhyme! XD) so as long as you acknowledge and take the time to appreciate his art, and listen to what he has to say about it, staying on his good side, you might have a chace. However you guys, I am not discouraging you all of your Deidara love fandoms. I'm just intellectually saying he doesn't love anyone. His art is his true love.

There's also the thing with his "un" phrase, or "yeah" as it was translated, or "hmm". When it's said, it's basically a mumble/grunt, which is pretty much how it's portrayed in the anime. As Kamden said in her essay, it's not mean to be all cutesy and adorable or whatever. It's just a quirk of Deidara's, basically. There's no right or wrong way to write it, because we all go differently! Some use "un", others use "yeah" and some use "hmm", whatever works. I agree with what Kamden said about how Deidara's VA Katsuhiko Kawamoto says the whole "un" thing just right, making it a mumble/grunt, like I said.

8. Deidara's Past/Abilities
I think by now we already know most of his past (thanks to chapter 359) ; that he was a terrorist bomber for hire and pretty well known around for that. He would take any job, not caring who he worked for, just as long as he could put his art to good use. Kamden is actually doing a doujinshi about her take on Deidara's past and how he developped into how he is today. It's not accurate mind you, since she doesn't know, I don't know, nobody but Kishimoto truly knows about his past.

Another thing I want to explain here are his palm mouths. I don't believe that they are of a bloodline trait. I believe if they were, or he was for that matter, we would know it by now, and it would've been written. But it had not been, and I doubt Deidara would be proud of his art the way he creates it if he were of some kind of clan from Iwagakure. He's more likely to be proud of something if he, since he's an artist, created it all on his own.

That brings me to his left eye. He trained his left eye all on his own in order to counter the sharingan's genjutsu. He did that on his own, it was not of a bloodline trait, because I hardly think he would've been proud of that. I truly think it was amazing how he did that, and that's a reason I admire him so much. (:

Also, I also don't think he was born with his palm mouths either, as I've mentioned along those lines. After all, when he loses his left arm, it's gone for good because it was crushed, and therefore had to replace it. His right arm, which although was ripped off, was still intact as was the palm mouth, so it was still there when he had it sewn back on. When he replaced his left arm, he had to get a new one most likely, and then add the palm mouth. How he got them on? I have no idea. Nobody does. :/

He also has a mouth on his chest. That's mostly used as a last resort if redeemed necessary. It's pretty much to set off his ultimate power, exploding himself. (*Sniffle*) It's usually stitched up so as not to interfere with anything.

Also stated in the new Databook, is a list of his completed missions. It's a total of 73.

Mission completed
D: 4
C: 27
B: 35
A: 13
S: 3

His last jutsu is called "CO" (not zero, O)

Deidara's Ninja Stats
-Ninjutsu 5/5
-Taijutsu 3.5/5
-Genjutsu 3.5/5
-Intelligence 4.5/5 (he's smarter than Sasuke by one whole point )
-(Physical) Strength 3.5/5
-Speed 4.5/5 (just as fast as Sasuke too)
-Stamina 4/5
-Seals 3.5/5

-Hotness 5/5 (LOL!!! XD Sorry, I couldn't resist. I added that just for laughs.)

9. Misc.
Here in the misc. section, I just to point out a few things about Deidara, mostly with my or anyone else's fandoms of him, and to let you all know what I think of him and why I like him so much. I know you've heard me say it before, but I do want to include that here in his essay.

Example, I know at times I tend to portray Deidara differently than how he truly is in the series. I do try not to go too far, but I like to tweak him up a little bit to fit the story if I need to. I'm aware of all that, but like I said, I'm one of the first to admit how he really is.

And you all know how I pair him with my OC Casana, of course. But you know what? That's a fandom thing. Something fun, you know? I created her entirely for that. And to you know, give him a nice girl in his life, someone who loves him for who he is and truly takes the time to acknowledge his art and listen to him on it. If anyone were to tell me that DeiCasa was canon, I would laugh. Because it's not. It's fannon. And I try to make it seem as realistic as possible, and I'm a sucker for romance so I definitely include sweetness in all of their stuff. Like I said guys, it's a fandom thing, I do it for fun. I know in real life it wouldn't be like that, and I'm the first to admit it. This is a fantasy, a fun harmless little way of having fun.

I created that they have a very loving, friendly, respectful and caring relationship with each other, but they only show its true colours when they're alone together. In front of everyone else, they're friendly and respectful toward one another (even if at times I put in a little PDA for the lulz XD), and in battle, they work together as a team. And on a funny note, he likes to piss her off. X3 I got that idea from HatakeKelley, and I'm sure Deidara would be turned on by a girl who'd get explosive when they're angry. And, for fun, I like to include that he does a couple of perverted stuff to her. X3 Buddy Michelle once said to me on that "You love to make Dei a perv, don't you? XD". Yes I do. Deidara as a pervert is just hilarious. It's also brought into play between this RP with my friend ZabuKawaii, in which she made Deidara a porn-addicted sociopathic perv! It was too funny. X3

So that pretty much describes it! =D

To close off, I have this to say.

Since I first saw Deidara, he's really sparked my interest and I wanted to get to know more of his character. I grew quite attracted to him and thought he was really cool. I later grew to really love him and see how awesome he is.

Being an artist, and since I adored him, it inspired me to continue on drawing, going on with art like I was. It was part of the reason I joined deviantArt and took art during my last year of High School and to take it when I go to college, and pursue it as a side career, a bit of a hobby, you know?

I truly admire him because he's a free spirit and makes ninjutsu work in his own way that he's comfortable with, and I thought that was the coolest thing. His philosophy on art and life is truly inspiring and made me realize it and see what he meant by fleeting and what have you. He deeply inspires me and just turns me on so much. Despite a lot about him, he's almost like the perfect man for me. I know he's not real, but I'm just saying that. What attracted me most to him was the fact he was an artist. Since then, he's really inspired me in a lot of ways.

I love him so much, and he'll always have a special place in my heart. I do want to bring another reason I adore him.

If I hadn't been introduced to his character, I never would've created Casana, and I never would've created the pairing. It was because of DeiCasa that I met one of my closest, most awesome online friends, ~i-lurv-akatsuki of deviantArt, or Buddy Michelle as I like to call her. She was the first person ever to come out to tell me she was a huge fan, and adored DeiCasa like she did. I was just FLOORED by that. She's really the top reason I'm motivated to keep the pairing going, and plus I like it too, obviously. X3

So I have Deidara to thank for that. <3

And finally, here's something funny for y'all. I got the idea from Kamden when she had the silly idea of Deidara trying to take ownership of her Wig of Awesome and her dog, Missy. X3 This one is an inside joke between me and Buddy Michelle. XD

Deidara has taken ownership of Casana from me. Intellectually no, because she belongs to me, I created her, but in a funny fictional sense, he took her from me. Nooooooo.

And Sasori was the judge! XD I was screwed! xD

So yeah, he took her from me. Aaaah...Casana-chaaaann....DX

She's not complaining, of course! XD

Also, in a recent Naruto Databook, it revealed some more facts of some characters, including the Akatsuki, and Deidara, as stated before:

His favourite food is bakudan, which is boiled eggs wrapped in surimi. His least favourite is maze-gohan, which is rice pilaf mixed with Asian veggies. His hobbies include creating art, and I think we all know what that means. XD His blood type is AB.

And that concludes my essay. Hope you all enjoyed! (:  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:03 am
WHY WOULD YOU PUT SUCH A THING LIKE THIS ON MY CLUB??!!!!User Image stressed stressed  

Xiomara1212
Captain

Blodsoffer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:05 am
(chill out!) nice. i guess. stare  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:47 am
ok ok i'll chill.........and Sasuke wants to know how long you spent on the essay??User Image  

Xiomara1212
Captain

ralola

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:51 am
Xiomara1212
ok ok i'll chill.........and Sasuke wants to know how long you spent on the essay??User Image
i have no clue i just remember stay up all night reading essays and trying 2 figure out which 1 made more sence
this essay i was happy 2 find and it was right under my nose!
my friend made it and she says facts(she may add humor in2 it but hay it made sence in the end)
but out of all of them i thought this one was best
it told the most facts gave meaning 2 his name resonable explinations 2 y he does the things he does and much more
also she pointed out the whole deidara is not a girl thing and the guy thing 2..(which scares me beyond beleaf but hay thats just me)
she also gave stats so u can compare how strong he is 2 the other characters
she also said the hight(i thought this would b useful bc it gives u a good idea of his size...it turns out he's not that tall...meh)
but ya most of the stats and hight info came from the colectors edition naruto stats book
(so far i only know of it bing found in japan i think it might b in the US not sure)
but ya i didnt mean 2 insult u and i was hopeing people wouldnt mind it bing 2 long
i just thought people would like knowing this stuff i also thought it would b fun like like a "oh i didnt know that!" kind of thing
but i failed and im not afird 2 admit it
i thought i was makin people happy but in the end jumped 2 the wrong conclution and cause a good person 2 get mad
im sry  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:08 am
deidarainu
(chill out!) nice. i guess. stare
admit it hunzy i screwed up!!!
she has every right 2 yell @ me
i didnt know it would make her mad and it ...kinda...hurts...knowing my perfectly good efort was 4 nothing
just bc someone thought it was 2 long or was insulting
i just wanted people on this guild 2 like me and i did what i thought would make them happy
its not that im selfish im not i just thought everyone would like it.....
awww s**t now i cant stop crying.........
im quiting the guild the people r mean 2 me and everytime i get on here i start crying i hate this guild i dont understand y everyone is so mean 2 me
this is y i dont like talking 2 ppl there cruel and evil things that desurve 2 die
*sobs*
all i did was post something that i thought ppl would like
thats all i did i didnt mean 2 b mean i even said sry b4 the actual essay just in case someone did find it offencive bc i didnt want 2 hurt anyone feels bc i respect everyone opion and thoughts but i guess not everyone is like that nobody seems 2 understand

*kicks ur leg*thats 4 bing a great bf ur supose 2 b suporting me u gerk she just yelled at me and all u said was (chill out!) nice.i guess... damn u make me feel like a superstar!some suport ur so predictable u always change who u r 2 plz others y cant u grow some balls and actual stick up 4 ur girl!!!!! u love me not these fan girls who worship u bc all u do is dess up and wear meakup like a hot cartoon character!i feel like s**t even u have hurt me.....*sobs and runs away*  

ralola

Xiomara1212
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:08 pm
OK OK!!!!!no more long comments,OK?????User ImageUser Image  
Deidara fan guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items