Gold?!
  Cookie?
View Results

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:19 pm

jeal⋅ous⋅y  /ˈdʒɛləsi/ jel-uh-see
–noun, plural -ous⋅ies
1. jealous resentment against a rival, a person enjoying success or advantage, etc., or against another's success or advantage itself.
2. mental uneasiness from suspicion or fear of rivalry, unfaithfulness, etc., as in love or aims.
3. vigilance in maintaining or guarding something.
4. a jealous feeling, disposition, state, or mood.

User Image

I want everybody to know right now that jealousy is a completely normal human emotion. We all get it sometimes, so that means you absolutely may not flame anybody or tell them their situation is 'stupid' or 'lame.'

So, with that said, discuss::

x //
Any time where you've felt jealous or even inferior to another person. Jealousy can root from feelings of inferiority, and vice versa.

x // Is there a way to keep jealousy at bay?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:37 am
Haha, I'm sure you'd know my situation:
...I often get jealous of the fact that my crush always talks to that girl (who has a boyfriend) who happens to be of similar origins as he is, that's probably why he's interested in her, not me. So I've decided to give up on him because, first of all, in order to impress my crush you have to be a Slav (which I'm not - but I have a little bit of it in me which no-one knows), and second of all, you have to be as popular as he is...unless you're a Slav, or else he'll treat you like a minor.

And I've also been jealous of how my friend used to get all the credit for something that would be my idea - its sad that my other friends don't see what she does wrong. It sickens me so much...but luckily I don't see her as much anymore and when I do I try not to speak my ideas, even though it makes me feel like a boring and uncreative person around my friends...which is not true!

I'm sorry, I just got carried away there sweatdrop  

f ii o r e ll a

4,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:38 pm
Thanks for replying c:

I guess I'll put in my own situation:
In very early February, a girl transferred into my P.E. class. Before she came into the class, I was the center of attention from three boys. That made me feel really special, and I pretty much bathed in it. So when the new girl became their new best friend, I was really pissed. These boys flirted with her nonstop, and she flirted back, even though she had a freakin' boyfriend. And it was like, sexual flirting. No need to elaborate.

I pretty much hated her for about three months, due to the fact she was the new center of attention and I was not. It took me a long time to realize the roots of my hardening jealousy and I began to befriend her. Its a very slow process, but its going along, and I truly feel shes actually a nice person I can relate to.

So, people, when you get jealous, try to befriend the person !!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:53 pm
V's only one true jealous thing since I'm not a competitive or attention desiring individual it had to deal with an ex who would always hug other guys when I was around and not even make the effort to hold my hand, at this point V may seem like one of those insecure a**-hats but let's continue shall we *adjusts monocle*, she would also always hug others girls as well as kiss (On the lips) and grope them in hallways classrooms etc which made V feel unappreciated and unloved but mostly irritated and jealous which she said was a good thing to have and relationships and was why she was doing it, V's only experience with jealousy makes him rather irritated with the emotion.

And we all know cookie's are better than gold, the real Cookie monster would think so, not 'veggie' monster ninja  

Nerevar Fatehand

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:41 pm
Ouch, that really had to suck :/ Well, sounds like you were just too good for her.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:14 pm
in my case jealusy almost always takes the form of passive aggressiveness but not in that gossip girl "omg, sabotage please?" kind of way  

Aeon Deity

roni_ruin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:13 pm
Ok. This is like... completely pointless jelousy and i know it, but i'm gonna go ahead and tell you anyway. And i'm 20, so not exactly in class rooms, anymore, ore like lecture halls. But my boyfriend is 27 and has been... shall we say... out there a bit more? Than me. Actually, he was a man-whore. That sounds horrible. But it was one night stands every weekend, i used to watch him do it, which grosses me out now. But we've been going strongth for 8 months. As far as i know, he's not even thought about another girl, but everytime we're out and one comes up and starts talking to him, or he goes to talk to them, that horrible little voice goes "He's slept with her, look how pretty she is." And i hate that girl. i feel horrible, but she's so much skinnier than me and prettier, i think anyway. I know he was interested in her before we started, so it just makes me angrier. Even though he says he's not sniffing about her, i can't even stand to look at the poor girl.

Urgh, sorry, got carried away! x  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:43 pm
Aeon Deity
in my case jealusy almost always takes the form of passive aggressiveness but not in that gossip girl "omg, sabotage please?" kind of way

Can't blame you for that one. When I got jealous of someone just last year I acted exactly like that xD

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:45 pm
roni_ruin
Ok. This is like... completely pointless jelousy and i know it, but i'm gonna go ahead and tell you anyway. And i'm 20, so not exactly in class rooms, anymore, ore like lecture halls. But my boyfriend is 27 and has been... shall we say... out there a bit more? Than me. Actually, he was a man-whore. That sounds horrible. But it was one night stands every weekend, i used to watch him do it, which grosses me out now. But we've been going strongth for 8 months. As far as i know, he's not even thought about another girl, but everytime we're out and one comes up and starts talking to him, or he goes to talk to them, that horrible little voice goes "He's slept with her, look how pretty she is." And i hate that girl. i feel horrible, but she's so much skinnier than me and prettier, i think anyway. I know he was interested in her before we started, so it just makes me angrier. Even though he says he's not sniffing about her, i can't even stand to look at the poor girl.

Urgh, sorry, got carried away! x

No, its okay. You guys can go as crazy as you want in this thread [:

Wow, that must really suck. My heart goes out to you on that one.
You're actually really pretty, and don't change the way you are if you're comfortable.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:28 pm
I am a very jealous person. They say it's a bad thing. If it is, I can't really stop it.
There's this bizarro superstition that if you cry when you cut onions, you're a jealous person. When I was told that, I realized that I am. I keep getting told that you shouldn't ever be jealous for someone. It sometimes just happens if you really really like someone.  

SchizoSpazz

Space Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200

Aeon Deity

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:25 pm
jealusy isnt necessarily always a bad thing. in fact it drives me to work harder agaisnt people rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:31 pm
OMG JEALOUSY!
early my friend i like (he doesnt know it)
was like walking with this girl in our math class with his arm around her. he never did that to me.

and to keep jealousy at bay i talk to other guys...which some how makes him talk to me. or or i distract myself
and sometimes i tell myself the truth which is either theyve knwon eahc other for a long time, or that thats just how that person is.  

Live_Laugh_Candy

Jezzy _Pezzy

Newbie Explorer

2,550 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:44 am
SchizoSpazz
I am a very jealous person. They say it's a bad thing. If it is, I can't really stop it.
There's this bizarro superstition that if you cry when you cut onions, you're a jealous person. When I was told that, I realized that I am. I keep getting told that you shouldn't ever be jealous for someone. It sometimes just happens if you really really like someone.

i get easy jealous in realtionships.my guys are good ones,so i should not be worried. and yes,that feeling is really tough. confused gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:46 pm
This is a fun thread. Nice to know I'mnot the only person out there who hates people just because you signifigant other talks to them. But I've got a baaaaad rant comming. Sorry =^_^=

So... My fiance is a Marine and we had the USMC Ball in November. I went and bought a dress (originally $300! down to $140) and told him "If you don't tell me I look good in this I'm going to be depressed." He's not good at saying I look amazing. I'm just good looking, unless I'm not wearing anything, then I'm hot... Which help my image because my body has changed after my daughter (which is ours). But back to the ball. The day was going bad around 1pm. I needed to get my hair done! There were only 2 places to get it done and neither of us had ever been to New Bern. So I found a salon and they squeezed me in between people. My fiance kept getting texts about when we were meeting and kept telling him not to be late. It started at 6 and they wanted to meet at 5:30... I didn't think my hair would take that long, the woman didn't even do a good job! I wanted loose curls. I got corkscrews... She charged us $66 and it came out not even 20 mins later. So it's 5:30 now. We rush back to the hotel, get changed, I have to help him get his uniform on and I don't even getr my make up done the way I want it because he is standing be hind me "Are you ready yet? Do you really have to do that?" So my make up looks like s**t, my hair is poofy and frizzing and I get into my dress and high heels and we leave. He doesn't hold my arm to help me walk or even wait for me! I'm holding up my dress trying to rush after him! We get to the place, his metals are all out of wack, which I find funny because I'm in a horrible mood, one of them actually breaks xd So we go in, he pretty much leaves me in the crowd, we find our table and he dissapears... There's this girl Marine, Meza, that's there. She looks a lot like me, dark hair, dark skin, my age, it just sends up a warning sign. So he comes back, I'm pretty much a bump in the chair. The intro thingy comes on, I get emotional because it's all about the war and these 2 Marines giving their lives to save hundreds of Iraqis and Americans, I'm trying to hide my tears and I don't even get a pat on the shoulder from him! Pretty much the whole time I'm nonexistant. But Meza isn't! He leaned over and said stuff to her during the movie thing and even during the formal ceremony. So that ends, we get in line for the buffet, I'm pretty much ignoring him cause I'll start crying in a second. He's yapping away like a Jarhead. I tell him I don't really care and he gets all upset and says "You realize this is important to me." Yea well maybe if I was actually here with my fiance it would be different, but no... I get this space of air that has been helping me around and talking to me. So we get back to the table, I'm starving cause I hadn't eaten all day and it's 8pm. I scarf it down, Meza shows up... *glare* And of course she was sitting next to him. Someone takes a picture with her and my fiance has to stick bunny ears behind her so she hits him and I don;t care if they say "She's just one of the guys" She is a girl! Her human anatomy is a girl's! So yea... We eat and leave. I get to run back to the hotel in the rain, I cry not even halfway there and go to the room, crying and get on my computer. Oh yea, I took my dress off and threw it somewhere. He comes in, ignore him, and it was a fun night... I told him that he needed to tell her to keep her hands to herself or else I would and it wasn;t going to be nice. I have a very hard time trusting and I almost fully trust him, but that girl... I just want to bash her head in.

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers