Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply RP Retreat
Myth Academy: A story of a whole world at war

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Remember your polls

View Results

MythMaster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:11 pm
Just to start with I want to lay out a few guide lines. I don’t want to say rules because they aren’t necessarily absolute.
1) Being literate is extremely important. It is unendingly difficult to understand a post when there aren’t any periods. Commas aren’t all that important but are nice to see. Following basic grammar rules is great like capitalizing and the other such things.
2) I don’t want this to be a ‘roleplay’ I want this to me more of a collaborative story telling. Hopefully those of you who join consider yourself writers…I do. Try and be as descriptive as you can without killing your post.
3) No bashing other characters… (I lied there is a rule) that’s one…
4) Your character cannot be indestructible… they can be pretty darn close but their weakness has to come about and be mentioned at some point…a.k.a NO GOD MODING!!!
The story takes begins in a country called Azonia. Azonia is a small country that is slowly growing. On every border there are warring nations and yet Azonia is left out. This peace is due to the Council and the Myth Academy. The Council are a group of four men and women who have powers over the four elements: Fire, Water, Earth, and Air. These men and women started the Myth Academy which is a school to train the few who show potential as elemental users. The Council strikes fear and anger in the hearts of the warring nations leaders. This fear keeps the war out of the country…or so the civilians believe. The school is a breeding ground for warriors. No one except for the Council knows about their plan.
To find students the council sends out scouts to find those who show potential. They look for people who use their powers with or without their will. The school’s goal is to help these students better their abilities. Weapons of war are swords, knives, Bows and Arrows, and the like. Guns have not been created or invented… (Please leave it that way). The school is not only about the elements but also about fighting in general. Each student finds at least one weapon to use that suits them.
Now to explain the main reason for the wars. There are two main religions in the world. One says that those who use the elements are evil and must be stopped. The other sees them as a ray of hope in a dark world. The element users are not worshipped…just respected. Though almost everything these religions believe in are opposites there is one common story. It is the story of four people who not only control an element but can use all four perfectly. Both see them as an awesome power to behold. Along with the four elements these four individuals can control the Myth that represents each element. The governor of Fire is the Pheonix. The governor of Water is the Leviathan. The governor of Earth is the Minotaur. The governor of Air is the Griffon. No normal element user can summon these. The story is seen as a legend and many don’t believe it ever occurred. The nations fight over the users. Members of the church of Thoth fight to protect the users. Their enemies are the members of the Church of Djehuty. These people wish to eliminate all element users.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:12 pm
Now for the characters. We need four people to play one of the students who can use all four elements (they are called myth masters). The story will revolve around them. I will play the Myth Master of Fire. That means his main is fire but he can use all four. We also need people who can use only one element. The main characters will be the myth masters but the others will be important. I can fill any gaps with teachers and I will play the council member that uses water. I know there must be a lot of gaps in my info so if you have any questions just PM me.
Each person can have up to four characters but only needs one. Please PM me your characters profile. I am looking for the following:
Name:
Height:
Weight:
Weapon:
Element:
Single or myth master:
Personality:
VERY DETAILED PAST: (I think the past is very important, please include it)
Also put any other information you want.  

MythMaster

RP Retreat

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff