Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Last Chase

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:25 pm
Ok, so all who dealt with me talking about the Marine, well quess what....?
We were talking for a long time, everything seemed great...
I kept asking him when he was going to get my ticket, because I was worried about work.
Then last week, he just stopped talking to me.
He got a phone and was talking to me, everything seemed to be fine. Now he's just completely dissapeared.
Did I do something wrong?
I'm just trying to figure out what could've happened... crying crying crying crying  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:32 pm
aww i read that thread..so hmm..was he suppose to buy the ticket for you with his own money? do you know if he was seeing anyone? He just stopped talking to you like his phone is disconnected..he doesnt answer when you call?? like you have no way to contact him? More info! it could be a million things but i cant even think if i dont know more.  

Siumbering Princess22

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:04 am
as princess said, there's not enough information here. When my spouse and I were in a long distance relationship, my money situation wasn't exactly all that great and sometimes my phone and/or internet would suddenly get cut off and we wouldn't be in contact for a few weeks or so until it was fixed, and there was no way for me to say beforehand that it was going to be cut off because I wasn't the one paying the bills so I didn't know when or if they were paid.

Of course, the times in which it was cut off for a while, I would send letters via snail mail.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:27 am
Yeah, sorry about that.
Well, yes he was buying the ticket, he said he would, that he had the money to do so. I kept asking him because I was worried about taking so much time off of work.
We talked a whole lot then monday of last week I called him, he said he was busy but that he would call me back, it was about two in the afternoon, I called him after work and got no responce. The next day his phone was turned off, I left a message and a text, still no responce. He turned his phone back on that night and still no answer.
He still has people texting him and such, even changed his mood on facebook to that effect. Then two nights ago he was on facebook, I asked him what the deal was and he instantly logged out.  

The Last Chase

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

Siumbering Princess22

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:18 pm
well I mean that sounds like at last second he changed his mind, and is too much of a punk to admit it. Either way he is avoiding you and not giving you a reason for the sudden disappearance. I say move on, and just forget him. Something probably came up with him, or he didn't have the money to buy the ticket. So he was just too much of a punk to tell you. Whatever the reasoning he stood you up, and didn't give you a reason. And any kinda guy who is doing that right off the bat. Is not a guy you wanna get in a relationship with. Be glad he stopped it now!

*this is only based on the little information you've been able to give*

If anything else happens let us know. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:30 pm
I just feel like such an idiot. I mean I didn't really know where it was going, but he seemed so excited even just to talk to me. I read tarot, been doing it for about five years, and the cards were telling me that the whole thing was fantasy and that I had to wake up.
It'd just be nice to find a guy that wasn't fake, that I could honestly trust to follow through.
All these people around me are getting married and I've never been witha guy for more than a year.
I just wanna be happy with someone...  

The Last Chase

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:04 am
I can tell you now that you'll be doing yourself a favor if you stop focusing on "wanting to be happy with someone" and just live life. If you get your hopes up for every sign of affection thrown your way, you'll end up with more heartache than happiness in the end or may even become a bit desensitized to true happiness.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:48 am
The Last Chase
Ok, so all who dealt with me talking about the Marine, well quess what....?
We were talking for a long time, everything seemed great...
I kept asking him when he was going to get my ticket, because I was worried about work.
Then last week, he just stopped talking to me.
He got a phone and was talking to me, everything seemed to be fine. Now he's just completely dissapeared.
Did I do something wrong?
I'm just trying to figure out what could've happened... crying crying crying crying
Okay calm down; there could be several reasons. Maybe he's been deployed, maybe he's out doing manuvers, maybe he's found someone closer to home. Don't jump to conclusions until you know for sure. It maybe that he's a little affraid of committment and he's stepping back for a minute.
Unless he's told you that it's over completely allow him some space. In the meantime don't stop living your life in order to hold on to what might never happen. Good luck Sweetie... heart  

Sweet_lil_tomboy

Shinigami Unity

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:10 pm
ThisEmptySoul
I can tell you now that you'll be doing yourself a favor if you stop focusing on "wanting to be happy with someone" and just live life. If you get your hopes up for every sign of affection thrown your way, you'll end up with more heartache than happiness in the end or may even become a bit desensitized to true happiness.

You are now my absolute favorite person! I've been trying to remember this for a few months now and it has yet to sink in.

Sorry for getting off the subject of the thread. Sure I'll get flamed for that. >_>  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:43 pm
It's seriously hard to be okay on your own when everyone around you is getting married.
With the Marie I mean yeah, I'm bummed. He seemed like an actual man that would follow through, but he's just like the rest. Nonetheless, I'm not devistated. I just don't understand why they can't just say what's going on. If he didn't want to anymore he didn't need to pretend like I didn't exist, he could of just been like, "hey, this might be a bad idea."
No one deserves to be ignored like that.
I dunno, I still feel like something I did pushed him away, but I really don't know what it could've been. <********! I feel like I'm getting old at twenty-two, how lame is that?  

The Last Chase

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:44 am
There's no rush to get married. Who cares if people around you are? I know it's easier to say that you shouldn't care than it is to actually not care {I felt similar in high school when everyone I knew was dating, but I wasn't}, but if you actually want to be happy, then you should not rush into something just to "be happy with someone". You might end up giving your all to someone who isn't going to stick around because you're more focused on just being with someone rather than who that someone is.

Also, dating and getting married should not be something you jump into just because everyone else around you is doing it and you don't want to feel left out or just because it seems like a nice thing to do. I got married because I found someone that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, not because I just wanted to spend the rest of my life with someone.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:45 am
I have dated since I was far too young to date. I have been with jackasses, guys in need of anger management, liers and in the midst of all the s**t I have had only two good guys to speak of.
It's not that I want to do it because everyone else is, I want to because I am so done with dating.
Two years ago I would have been engaged. With everything that has happened I'm glad I'm not egaged to that man, but at the same time I would really like to be able to be with a guy that is actually good.
I have been hit, I've been cheated on, I've been lead on. I just want one good guy that's right for me.  

The Last Chase

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:50 am
I could be completely wrong about this, but from what you just said, it actually sounds like what you need is to -not- date and -not- marry.... at least not for a while. I have witnessed that when someone has been dating constantly for a long time, they become used to always having someone there and feel as if they need someone... which stifles personal development and independence.

If you're "so done with dating", marriage is not going to be any better for you. Marriage is not a "cure" for dating or an "alternative" to dating... it practically is dating, only it's always the same person.

If you've dated so many guys and only have two good ones to speak of, that says something about your choice in men.... it needs to be fixed. Being alone for a while will help you feel more comfortable with yourself and give you time to determine exactly what it is you need in your life that you should be looking for in a partner rather than just guessing and hoping that whoever you happen to come across is "Mr. Right". Contrary to popular belief, good guys are not "hard to find"... you just have to actually be keeping an eye out for them.

I have actually dated very few people and didn't start until after I graduated high school. Part of the reason is because I was very particular about who I chose to be with. I wouldn't date just anyone because they had a pretty face or we had one good conversation. I wanted someone that I could relate to and consider my friend first and foremost. Everyone I dated started out as my friend... not someone that I met, talked to once, then suddenly decided we were going to swap genetic material for a while. I also always thought dating was a means to find someone to eventually marry... not just something to do for the sake of doing it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:57 pm
You know..you really remind me of myself. You sound like such a sweet girl with a big heart who just wants to find a man who loves her. I know what it's like to have been hurt. I've been through more then my fair share. And what you're gonna learn is...you'll probably be hurt again. There's no real way to say why guys do the things they do. But there are guys out there who will honestly care for you, and not wanna see you hurt. It takes a lot to find someone good, and you just gotta stay true to who you are and never stick around when you know it's wrong for you.

It does seem like you need a little more time to find yourself, and become a little more independent. More okay with just being single. Though i say that I don't think I have ever been single for very long since i was 15 years old..lol. But men don't complete you, and I think you should find happiness in yourself before hoping a man can just give it all to you. There are good men out there, and you seem like a great girl. So don't give up hope that you will find someone truly amazing. But don't go looking..they usually never show up that way. Keep your eye open, but don't go out on the hunt. Let them find their way to you. Because those who are meant to be will find you all on their own. You'll find him..you're too great of a girl not to. Keep that in your mind, and you'll be just fine.

Siumbering Princess22

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:36 am
ThisEmptySoul
I could be completely wrong about this, but from what you just said, it actually sounds like what you need is to -not- date and -not- marry.... at least not for a while. I have witnessed that when someone has been dating constantly for a long time, they become used to always having someone there and feel as if they need someone... which stifles personal development and independence.

If you're "so done with dating", marriage is not going to be any better for you. Marriage is not a "cure" for dating or an "alternative" to dating... it practically is dating, only it's always the same person.

If you've dated so many guys and only have two good ones to speak of, that says something about your choice in men.... it needs to be fixed. Being alone for a while will help you feel more comfortable with yourself and give you time to determine exactly what it is you need in your life that you should be looking for in a partner rather than just guessing and hoping that whoever you happen to come across is "Mr. Right". Contrary to popular belief, good guys are not "hard to find"... you just have to actually be keeping an eye out for them.

I have actually dated very few people and didn't start until after I graduated high school. Part of the reason is because I was very particular about who I chose to be with. I wouldn't date just anyone because they had a pretty face or we had one good conversation. I wanted someone that I could relate to and consider my friend first and foremost. Everyone I dated started out as my friend... not someone that I met, talked to once, then suddenly decided we were going to swap genetic material for a while. I also always thought dating was a means to find someone to eventually marry... not just something to do for the sake of doing it.

You are my most ultimate favorite person ever. There are way too many people in this world who simply don't get what you've just said. I agree with every word 100%. People need to be able to be comfortable by themselves and not in a dating relationship in order to be truly happy within a relationship, otherwise, it'll just turn into a lopsided co-dependent sort of deal.

Once you learn how to make yourself happy, you'll know what other people need to do in order to make you happy as well, and you'll learn how to make others happy from having had to do it for yourself. I'm in a similar position where everyone around me is getting married and having children. As much as I fit the girly stereotype of wanting the perfect wedding and three kids, I am in no rush to fulfill those. There is a guy I'm interested in, and while we haven't met face to face yet, we're planning to take things slowly when he visits- we're just friends and anything that develops out of that will happen on its own. I'm happy being single. When I want cuddles, I just ninja cuddle my friends; when I want smoochies, I initiate a game of spin the bottle. And it's totally okay, cuz I'm not attached; I can flirt with whoever I want and not worry about a jealous boyfriend. xd Sometimes I wonder if I actually prefer being single. sweatdrop

But I'm sorry to hear about your marine guy. He sounds like a douche anyway. confused

Advice Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff