Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Thor casting has been made

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xTx Monty xTx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:19 pm
http://www.comicvine.com/news/looks-like-thor-has-been-cast/138479/
read then just post on your thoughts to me i think it work but i haven't seem so much work of his  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:23 pm
Great, an inexperienced pretty boy. I am not amused, Thor should not be attractive, but a hard-bitten warrior. Obviously I can't judge until I see his performance for myself, but I am glad at least that Thor isn't my favourite comic book character to begin with.  

loIitoads

Quixotic Faye

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:04 pm
George Kirk?!

Hey, is Branagh still attached to direct? (IMDB says yes.)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:59 pm
idrk but seeing how they have the spot for thor filled thank god  

xTx Monty xTx

loIitoads

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:35 am
Quixotic Faye
George Kirk?!

Hmmm, don't know if I trust Branagh with it, but more on a stylistic point of view rather than anything else.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:50 pm
Hrm.... haven't really read the comic book much, but from what i remember seeing, he doesn't really look like Thor to me. Makeup anyone?  

OldBlueGenes

Benevolent Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Atheist Guy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:48 pm
i just wonder how their going to mess with thor's costume maybe they'll do something like in batman and robin lol or maybe they'll give it a cool boost like in dark night

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:26 pm
Lolicat von Doom
Quixotic Faye
George Kirk?!

Hmmm, don't know if I trust Branagh with it, but more on a stylistic point of view rather than anything else.
It'll definitely be interesting to see. I know he likes to use long cuts, and I wonder if and/or how he'll incorporate them, because super-hero movies usually rely on quick cuts.  

Quixotic Faye

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:42 pm
I've never seen any of Chris Hemsworth's acting, so as far as that goes I really can't criticize. And I hate to seem prejudice but I really don't like that they casted some guy that looks as if he could be a male model. That's not what Thor's character looks like. But if the casting director is confident in his acting then I'm going to have to trust them. In any case, I really can't judge until the movie is released.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:15 pm
eh ill wait for the first trailer of it to come out then ill make my decision on weather or not to see it at movies  

xTx Monty xTx

loIitoads

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:20 pm
Quixotic Faye
Lolicat von Doom
Quixotic Faye
George Kirk?!

It'll definitely be interesting to see. I know he likes to use long cuts, and I wonder if and/or how he'll incorporate them, because super-hero movies usually rely on quick cuts.

I always thought his long cuts were more due to his background in theatre than any real mastery of cinema. I hope he doesn't overburden the film with Shakespearean overture, because Thor does have a penchant for the dramatic already, but I can't see him fitting into the Avengers film too well if that's overdone.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:17 am
you never know what avengers they'll do
maybe they do the original storyline where Loki sends hulk to new york on a rampage or they could do the ultimates (which they prolly do ) in which it will prolly be a remake of the animated one just without the whole alien b/s but it just my logically guess  

xTx Monty xTx

T3h Movie World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff