Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darth_Akira72987

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:19 am
A few days ago, I decided that when I'm not writing scripts or making movies( I do video production work with friends from my school every now and then) that I'll make a little extra money by being a bartender. Also, I'm going to a friend's 21st birthday party and she appointed me as the "mixmaster" as she put it. Anybody have a drink in mind that they enjoy that I can practice making and that I can enjoy too lol?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:52 pm
In my opinion you can never go wrong w/a good margarita biggrin  

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

iggies

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:51 pm
LOng Island Iced tea

Let me know how it goes, I"ve been thinking of looking inot this as well, but I know next to nothing about drinks... I hoped I could at least wait tables  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:21 pm
I love Washington Apples. It's Crown Royal, apple pucker, cranberry juice, and grenadine, mostly. I use the cran/apple so there is apple in it.  

VodkaLeona

VodkaLeona

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:22 pm
Girls love it because it's fruity and sweet. heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:15 pm
VodkaLeona
I love Washington Apples. It's Crown Royal, apple pucker, cranberry juice, and grenadine, mostly. I use the cran/apple so there is apple in it.

That sounds good, I'll get to work on making one of those when I get the ingredients for it.  

Darth_Akira72987

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:35 pm
There are some great websites that feature drink recipes and have all the info you could ever need regarding what is in a drink.

I tend to like the "classics" such as Cosmopolitan, Brandy Manhattan, Margarita (rocks), Mojito, Scotch (rocks), Old Fashioned, etc.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:56 pm
My bf used to bartend and he says to tell you an Alabama Slammer because when you add or subtract some of the ingredients it becomes two or three other drinks...Red Death is one of them.

Or you could try a Long Island Iced Tea because there are seven different types of alcohol in it.  

Feevil

Liberal Lunatic

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:25 pm

margaritas, martinis.. sex on the beach is one of my favorites.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:56 pm
I like stingers or pink ladies... redface  

tinaliaQI

Fashionable Shapeshifter

8,650 Points
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Gilda Geezer
Crew

Devout Worshipper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:47 pm
Feevil
My bf used to bartend and he says to tell you an Alabama Slammer because when you add or subtract some of the ingredients it becomes two or three other drinks...Red Death is one of them.

Or you could try a Long Island Iced Tea because there are seven different types of alcohol in it.
Alabama Slammers RULE! Just keep an eye on how many you serve to any given person... they taste like fruit punch and pack one, too.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:53 am
well im probably the biggest drunk around here... *ahem*

I would go with cuba libre's, mojito's, thats just to start off, then probably switch to screwdrivers, and or if you're feeling froggy try a Irish car bomb those are really good as well...  

Chris de Medich

Chris de Medich

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:05 pm
now that I think about it... maybe alabama slammers too are pretty good.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:49 pm
I'm a little late for this thread, but seeing as I work in a bar (marketing/accountant) and 1/2 my family are/have been bartenders I thought I would through my 2 cents in. ninja

Depends on the party/people. Cosmos, martinis, appletinis, mojitos, mint juleps for the classicists. Basic rum & coke, screwdrivers, amaretto or whiskey sours, etc. for the young drinkers who want something quick and easy. Zombies, long island iced teas, kamikazes for those looking for heavy alcohol. Firefly Ice Tea vodka and pink lemonade has been pretty popular around here lately. Captain Morgan Spiced Rum and ginger ale too.

And a tip- do not ever let a patron take a flaming drink and attempt to slowly sip it straight from the glass. Flaming eyebrows & 2nd degree burns are not a sight anyone should have to see in a bar. Trust me on this.

Now I want a drink. sigh.  

whosthatgirl80

High-functioning Duck

wxgirl

7,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:45 pm
I was a bartender for a while and my mom was one for a long time too.

Now for mixed drinks I would recommend long islands (for high alkie content and fairly easy to make) (good for guys and girls and using the long island mix works easier then buying the individual liqueurs). Also if you get those liquors you can add another bottle and a mixer to make kamikazes.

If you have access to a blender I would say mudslides ... a personal favorite of mine. Alcohol + chocolate milkshakes for the win wink

Looking for a shot I would get liquid ice or red bull and you can do a lot of different bomb shots. Liquid ice and X-rated is one of my favorites. Red bull and cherry flavored vodka (prefer UV Cherry) is a close second.

Another favorite shot / drink is the secret handshake that is cranberry juice, a touch of cream and cherry flavored liquor.

For summertime ... bourbon and lemonade is niiiice

Wow I sound like a lush but it is just when you work as a bartender you pick up on what taste great

There is also classic rum and coke.  
Advice Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff