Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaun Laurent

3,450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:55 pm
Ok, i havent been online for like 2 years, and i started entering like 2 months ago, and, when i enter there was alot of new things, and actually, i still dont understand what are Evolving Items, do the item evolve or what, i just buy one of does items and let time pass and it will apears new forms of it or it will alwais have the same?, i still have no idea whats that. Can someone please tell meh 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:34 am
evolving items are set up kinda wierd.

-every couple of weeks, a new EI will come out, usualy its in the same series as the one b4 it. such as anima adimante (something like that)
it starts out as a small bot then it "evolves" as the weeks pass, getting bigger/ changing form. the anima adimante went from small bot to full out humanoid by the time its series was over.

damn thats a long winded response. my hands hurt.  

Eisenkrieger

bluecherry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:18 am
That's a long enough response to hurt your hand? oO

To elaborate some on the above post: Evolving items go through various numbers of stages in their evolutions. When first released (I'll cite the new item the Nightmare because it has just been released and will be easier to explain than using an older item as an example) an evolving item such as the Nightmare will have one or several poses. Every week, usually on a Friday, they have an announcement about which evolving items are evolving that week and it is usually a few weeks between evolutions for each specific item. When an item evolves it will change to have a few new poses instead of the old poses (no, you won't know ahead of time what those will look like, it is always meant to be a surprise to see what the new poses will look like exactly, but usually there is a little bit of a logical progression, theme or story line behind how the items change). Usually there are several times this will happen to an item, evolving to have different poses, until the item finishes evolving. When the item finishes evolving you will then get some more new poses along with regaining ALL the old poses from past phases in the evolution of the item. Also of note, evolving items come in several different generations. For example, the just released item the Nightmare has never evolved before and they are selling first generation Nightmares right now. The first generation will be the first one of the Nightmare items to evolve. When that generation evolves, they will stop selling first generation Nightmares and start selling second generation Nightmares and you can only buy the first generation Nightmare from other users who own them at that point. When the first generation has evolved to its second stage and the new poses that come with the second stage, the second generation will just be starting off and it will be in the first stage still with the first stage poses. First generations of evolving items are always the first of that evolving item to evolve and get the new poses and later generations evolve sort of a beat or so behind. For example, when a first generation Nightmare -- right now it is in phase one and has items A and when it evolves to phase 2 it gets new items B and the second generation Nightmare will then be sold and have the item poses A still and when the first generation Nightmare evolves yet again to the third stage it will get item group C, the second generation will then gain items B now and a third generation of Nightmare will be released with items A and so on until the first generation finishes evolving and gains A, B, C, and however many other items it went through along the way and the same will happen to all the other generations until they've caught up and finished evolving too. Shortly after the first generation of an evolving item finishes evolving though, they stop selling more new generations of that item and then they can only be bought from other people who already own them from that point on. Also of note, new generations of items usually can only be bought from Gaia from the cash shop as opposed to the gold shops. (Meaning, in the shop that you have to pay a little real money as opposed to just gold. If you want to buy those items with gold and not real money, you'll have to buy them off other Gaia users who have them, but usually because real money has to be spent to attain those items at some point and because the items usually are very nice, buying evolving items from other users for gold requires quite a lot of gold.)

Does this help?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:03 pm
good GOD how long did that take you type?!?!?!

yeesh...
were your hands bleeding by chance?  

Eisenkrieger

Shaun Laurent

3,450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:36 am
well, i read all that, and now i know each week the evolving item have a new form depending on with item is evolving. But this Generation thing is a mess >.< i didnt get it xp  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:49 pm

^_^; If all else fails, just sit back and watch for a couple weeks and it should become evident what is meant by the different generations and how they work.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

bluecherry
Vice Captain

Shaun Laurent

3,450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:37 pm
dang xp
thanks anywas  
®

Manage Your Items