Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
I fainted today. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ever given blood?
  I'm too young! (That's what she said)
  I'm scared of needles. XD
  FLOGGING MOLLY 8D ONE PIECE 8DD
  Helvetin hyvin menee!
  Yes, I have. It feels good to be able to give something back.
View Results

Yogurt Man

Swashbuckling Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:34 am
It was weird

My brother decided to do an IV on me and I was just like "uhh.. okay."

And so first he did one on my left arm. Took him a bit but he was able to do it.

Then he tried doing it on my right hand. The first one he tried doing (near the wrist) I guess was a capillary or something, so he had to throw that needle out. Then he did it on the back of my hand, and after about twenty seconds I said something along the lines of "Is it weird if I feel faint?" and then a few seconds later I passed out. He said I was out for about thirty seconds, but when I came to, everything was a blur, I was in a cold sweat, everything felt so weird. My head felt like it was spinning. Seven Deadly Sins was playing, which was the same song that was playing before I fainted.

It was one of the strangest experiences in a long time. O_o; But now at least I know how it feels to have a needle stuck in you when you're giving blood. It's nothing. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:55 am
I'm confuzled....were you giving blood?

Maybe it will make more sense when I'm awake  

Aralik
Captain

Agile Rogue

7,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Yogurt Man

Swashbuckling Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:32 am
No, my brother was practicing doing an IV. (He's an EMT) Just for practice. Just practice. Why do doctors call what they do practice? @_@  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:53 am
it sounds like we're all test subjects.

People are their practice *shudder*  

Aralik
Captain

Agile Rogue

7,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

darkalchemist221

Interesting Lunatic

5,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:21 am
War is not heroic.
War is not exhilarating...

I passed out once before.
Once at my doctor's when they were doing a blood test and the other when I was at church.

War is full of despair.
That is why people fear war.
That is why people choose to avoid it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:44 am
What is it like while fainting and being passed out?

Also, Flogging Molly is amazing!! mrgreen Thanks for sharing the YouTube video. That one's well made, as far as syncing animé to music goes.  

katsumii

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:37 am
I nearly passed out once after having blood taken. It was about 7am, and I had only fallen asleep at 1 or 2am because that was when I was admitted into a mental/behavioral health clinic. So not only am I totally exhausted from only six hours of sleep, they decide to jab me in the arm with a needle to take blood before I've even eaten, and I nearly passed right out of the chair. They had to give me orange juice to get my blood sugar back up so I wouldn't faint. Then on top of that, they messed up jabbing me with the needle and I ended up with a bruise the size of a freakin half dollar on my arm. gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:35 am
sounds scary, I never fainted before.. I have had moment when I felt I would faint. But I never did.

Funny that it was with the same song playing! mrgreen  

syrga

katsumii

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:08 pm
syrga
I have had moment when I felt I would faint. But I never did.

Flogging Molly isn't that bad! gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:34 pm
I passed out once from having my blood taken. Then I had a seizure. Then I woke up hyperventilating. And continued to do so for about 5 mins.

ugh....I hate needles  

Aralik
Captain

Agile Rogue

7,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:10 am
whoa that so scary but I am very glad you are okay. I don't like needles and I will forever be under 100 pounds and under 5 feet so I can't ever give blood. I would like to but it doesn't seem like I will be able to.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:22 am
I hate needles too. It's going to make getting those tattoos I'd love to get very difficult. sweatdrop  

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Yogurt Man

Swashbuckling Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:53 pm
Xalikar
it sounds like we're all test subjects.

People are their practice *shudder*
@_@ Scary thought.. I never was too fond of doctors.

darkalchemist221
War is not heroic.
War is not exhilarating...

I passed out once before.
Once at my doctor's when they were doing a blood test and the other when I was at church.

War is full of despair.
That is why people fear war.
That is why people choose to avoid it.
omg. The last time I fainted before this was back like.. five years ago? It was in Church too. XD It was Sunday morning, so naturally I hadn't eaten since Saturday night. It was around the end of Summer so it was hot. I guess it all added up and I just fainted. The funny thing was I totally hit my head (With a bang, I might add) and then when I came to a few moments later, I stood up as though it never happened. Good times. XD

katsumii
What is it like while fainting and being passed out?

Also, Flogging Molly is amazing!! mrgreen Thanks for sharing the YouTube video. That one's well made, as far as syncing animé to music goes.

For me, fainting = passing out. Well, sorta. Fainting is fainting, passing out could be a number of things, including fainting.

And glad someone likes it.
daft alchemist
mist"]I nearly passed out once after having blood taken. It was about 7am, and I had only fallen asleep at 1 or 2am because that was when I was admitted into a mental/behavioral health clinic. So not only am I totally exhausted from only six hours of sleep, they decide to jab me in the arm with a needle to take blood before I've even eaten, and I nearly passed right out of the chair. They had to give me orange juice to get my blood sugar back up so I wouldn't faint. Then on top of that, they messed up jabbing me with the needle and I ended up with a bruise the size of a freakin half dollar on my arm. gonk
Ouch. >_< I don't know if the fact that I haven't been getting a lot of sleep lately had to do with it. And was in one of those reclining chairs on wheels, so apparently when I fainted, my brother had to grab my arm so I didn't call backwards off the chair. XD

syrga
sounds scary, I never fainted before.. I have had moment when I felt I would faint. But I never did.

I hate when I stand up after having been seated for an extended amount of time and I begin to black out but just barely pull through with sanity.

And to those of you that are scared of needles... XDXDXDXD  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:26 pm
Yogurt Man

For me, fainting = passing out. Well, sorta. Fainting is fainting, passing out could be a number of things, including fainting.

And glad someone likes it.

I meant to ask about what it's like during the process and then during the state of being passed out. Do you dream? Do you just back out and wake up? I'm curious. stressed  

katsumii

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:52 pm
You black out and wake up as far as I know.  
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games