Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:15 pm
Queen Tariel
"Tari"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Pronounciation: TAR-ee-ell
Alignment: Naiad
_____Queen of the Naiads
Faction: Ancient Element
Role: Leader of the Naiad, lawmaker, Water representative on Elemental Council, protector of all Naiad

RP Color: blue

Relationship Status: It's complicated
Sexual Preferences: She likes males, and is a bit boy-crazy

Personality: Emotional, but strong. She is determined to be a good leader. She has a weakness for cute males, and tends to mess around with them a little too much. She’s afraid to fall in love due to her past history in the sea and losing the last love of her life. She is very much in love with Turin the Captain of the Guard, but denies and will not act on it. She can’t help her jealousy when it comes to him, so will act irrationally. She’s working on that. She also has an odd love/hate relationship with Sadron, her Captain of the Hunters. She’s very possessive of her Court, including Aeroniel, her Oracle, and Itsaso, her new Aquamancer.

So things have changed a bit. She and Turin have confessed their feelings to each other finally, but that's only for them to know.

Weapon: Gold trident

Powers and Abilities
  • Siren’s Song – her voice can do many things depending on the song she sings. She uses it to sooth Naiads so they won’t panic in dangerous situations. In a nutshell, her voice is mind control, but she doesn't like to do anything that removes any Naiads right to choose.
  • Leviathan Shift – She can shapeshift into a giant leviathan in order to fight and protect her Naiad. She’s very reckless in this form, and it usually takes her Court to subdue her.
  • Water Shield – Can create a shield of water to offer protection from projectiles or physical blows, if she can conjure it fast enough.
  • Fish Physiology - she has the ability to see in the dark, withstand cold temperatures, and tolerate pressure at low depths

Family
Mate: Queen Consort Turin, Captain of the Queensguard
Children:2 missing daughters, Elandra & Alya

Queen Tariel's Story - Major Milestones and Plot Points
  • The Island that Destroyed Her Home – Telrunya fell out of the sky one day, completely crushing an entire underwater community. Her and the remainder of her court came to investigate only to discover she was the long-lost Naiad Queen reincarnated. Her destiny is to lead the modern Naiad.
  • Runaway Queen She ran away and Turin chased after her. They spent a few weeks lost at sea and got a chance to see what happened to their destroyed former home. It's a grave yard now.
  • Water Meets Earth - Meeting with Rais and his Circle to discuss a peace treaty and alliance to help solve the issues of strange crazy teenage blood pae and the tainted beasts. Tariel also learned that in her past life as Alu, she and Rais' past self, Arda, were lovers even though he was married to somefaun else.
  • Unf Unf Unf - Guess who's expecting now?

Future Plans & Plots
  • Naiad Court Awakening – The Court need to awaken to their former selves, just as the Faun have. An Aquamancer will be anointed, as well as the rest of her court reaching the Hallowed stage.
  • Princesses! – Tariel will have twin daughters, which will cause problems for the line of succession. The parentage of the two little tadpoles will also come into question.
  • Sea Witch – An ancient visitor brings tragedy to the Naiad Kingdom.

Familiars
None yet.

Other Items
None yet.

RP Log
[X] RP Name
[X] [PRP] Water Fight (Queen Tariel and Sera)
[X] [PLOT] Taking "refuge" in the palace (Tariel & Kelebek)
[X] [PLOT] Taking shelter (Queen Tariel & Ocie)
[X] [PLOT] Courtroom Drama Aftermath (Queen Tariel&Capt. Turin)
[X] [PLOT][PRP] The Queen's Role (Tariel and Turin are lost under the island in the sea)
[X] [PLOT] From the Earth to the Sea (elemental meeting)
[X] [PLOT] Back to the Waters (Giggity - Tariel seeks solice in Turin's arms)

Obtained
Staff character used for playing out the Meta-plot.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:27 pm
Naiad History

History

Long ago, before the Angels and Demons ruled Telrunya, there were the Ancients. The Ancients existed in peace, keeping balance in all things.

One sect of the Ancients, led by a young Pae'il named Alu, was entrusted with the duties to protect the Water and all that it represented. Born of the Waters themselves, these Pae'il had a special form. They had come to be known as the Naiads. Half fish, and half Pae'il, they had created a thriving civilization in Tuatha Ri Lake.

Long-lost history documents tell of the untimely death of Alu, which dimmed the light of Alu Spring and caused all of the Naiad to follow her in death.

Not all Naiad died out. The unborn remained protected for ages on Telrunya until one day, eight eggs washed ashore on Pae'Kippu Beach and the Naiads live once more.

Unnoticed by many, the ruins of Naiad Temple remained mostly untouched and not even a memory to today's modern Pae'il.

About Alu
:
Alu was a compassionate leader. She was very adaptable and encouraged everyone to continue in their personal growth and to be accepting of change. She was an emotional girl, but that did not interfere with her duties as Queen and ruler of all Naiad.  

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:31 pm
All About Queen Tariel

Tariel is the reincarnation of Alu, former Queen of the Naiads in ancient times. She was born in the middle of the sea, along with a small group of Naiad pearls that had been "lost" from the island.

When the island shook, and the Naiads surfaced on Telrunya, that event awoke all of the ancients that had been protected by the island. It sparked a chain of events that caused the lost Naiad eggs to hatch as well, since they were connected to the mysterious magics of Telrunya.

Tariel was born with the mark of Alu, however, being raised in the wild, away from the island, she knew nothing of her destiny, or her past. Among her peers, she demonstrated great leadership skills as well as proved to be the most powerful among the Aernyn, which is what the small group called themselves.

They thrived in the sea, growing and creating their own society. They even had built an amazing palace for the Queen and her Court to live in. But that home was destroyed the day the island in the sky, landed in the sea, and crushed the underwater palace.

Ancient magics had pulled Telrunya down to that location for a specific reason, and it reunited the Aernyn with the rest of their people.

When Tariel touched the waters of Telrunya, it woke up the Water Elemental magic, and Alu's former temple was restored to its former glory.

Today, Tariel resides in the Spring (its an underwater castle) with her Court. The Spring is open to any Pae'il that wished an audience with the Queen.

In Memorium, our Beloved Queen Alu

Alu was a kind and benevolent Naiad. She ruled the Naiads with compassion and a gentle hand. Her beautiful songs would fill the lake, touching every creature.

She was a strong Pae'il; valiant and courageous. When the war came to the Naiads, she kept morale up while defending her people. She kept her faith and dignity till the very end. The armies that attacked just proved to be stronger than their defenses and the once-great Naiad civilization fell.

Some say Alu became the spirit of the lake, protecting the waterways and unborn Naiad pearls.

Sui

Sui, or in more common, modern terms, Water, represents those things that are fluid or free flowing; things without form. Those Pae'il with water affinities are often adaptable, and free thinking. The 'free spirits' of Pae'il society are those born with the influence of Sui.

Sui is often associated with emotions, defensiveness, and charm.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:24 pm
Her story so far...

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:26 pm
Rules for RPing with Tariel

PM Antidia anytime you want to have your pae'il interact with Tariel.

Things to note:
  • Tariel is the Queen of the Naiads. She is more powerful than most of the pae'il on the island.
  • She is very down-to-earth with her personality, and not unapproachable. She does not behave how a typical monarch is expected to behave.
  • She is flighty, and tends to behave as if she has ADHD and is easily distracted. This may seem like a poor quality for a leader to have, but she makes up for this weakness with her strengths.
  • She is very boy-crazy. VERY boy crazy. She does not actually ever fall in love, however, she will say she's in love when she's infatuated. When RPing with her, please keep in mind she will flirt, crush, mess around, then move on.
    Do not be upset if she does not choose your pae as her mate even after expressing feelings. She has a destiny that does not involve monogamous mating.
  • Her offspring will be royalty, and carry the titles of 'Prince' or 'Princess'. And any one of them is eligible as the heir to the crown.
    Chances are, she'll eventually have quite a few children because of her 'friendly' personality.
  • She still does not know a lot about how pae'il society works, but she's been working hard on Naiad society. The Naiads are thriving in the lake, and it's like a whole other world below the surface of the water.
  • She cannot be on land for very long, because her skin will dry out and burn. (technically, all naiads are subject to this)
  • She is the leader of all Naiads, even if they do not recognize her as such. All Naiads are subjected to her laws, independent of any laws existing on the island already.
  • She has a small court of Naiads she trusts with her life, and they are to be respected as much as Tariel herself.
    - Sadron is the Queen's hunter, and very capable. He might goof off occassionally, or say something crude, but that's just his personality. He is still to be respected.
    - Turin is the captain of the Queen's guards. He is a formidable opponet and chosen for this job due to his skill, talent and intelligence. Do not underestimate him.
    - Aeronial is the Queen's Lady in Waiting, and Tariel's best friend. She is a brilliant and clever naiad. She is the current heir to the crown if the Queen does not produce daughters.
    Tariel will add to her court as the plot progresses. The staff will promote active Naiads to appropriate positions.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:27 pm
Important Liasons

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:03 pm
As instructed by Tua, Tariel has began to document everything that happens, including her thoughts on the issues. Times are changing, and there will be need for accurate accounts of the activities and actions of the inhabitants of the island.

-------------

January 11, 2012 ~

A new year, and it's already wrought with turmoil. I do not know what this means for the future, but I feel it's bad omens. Discounting the terrible event that happened at court before the holiday, the hurricane hit the island. I know the Air is angry. I fear it is angry with the Water, but I do not know why. I retreat to my private quarters more often now to meditate and pray to the elements in hopes of receiving word of what's been happening on the island. Is the Earth preparing for war against us? Is Air for that matter? I feel so cut off from the lifelines that I am entitled to.

Tua says I am entitled to them, anyhow. I still have yet to feel like I am this long lost Queen he insists is me. Leading the Aernyn certainly did not qualify me to lead an entire race of these creatures on this strange island. And I do still call it strange, even after living here for so many seasons, and calling it home.

What do I have to do, to prove myself to the elements, to show I am Alu, and not some fraud? Am I a fraud?

More and more signs keep pointing to yes. My court is falling apart. Aeroniel is still missing, and without any clues as to her whereabouts. I fear the worst, but I am hoping she simply needed time to recoup herself. Life here in the palace is certainly different from surviving in the sea.

Sadron is now missing too, and with his trainees. And I fear that is my fault as well. I am the one who pushed him, and told him to train those young naiad. Was I wrong? Tua has been reassuring me constantly that I made the right decision, because if war is coming, we'll need more reconnaissance on the island, and Sadron is the perfect naiad to teach them.

Things are still not quite the same with Turin, but that is a matter for my personal diary, not this one.

As far as intel on a waging war, I have heard nothing else. A message was sent to Earthmother in Laisidhiel, but I have yet to receive a reply. I sent word to inquire if they require aide after the hurricane and to let her know that we fared well for the most part. Naiads heeded my warning and took shelter in the palace. Except Sadron, but I have mentioned that. I did purposely leave that bit out in my correspondence to the Earthmother.

Clean up of the lake has commenced, removing debris from the damaged surface dwellings and stray trees will take a while. No other injuries have been reported, so at least there is that good news.

My heart remains heavy, as I seek answers to my concerns. I am hoping for some good news or a good sign that something I have been doing is the right thing to do.

For now~
Tariel, the Queen

:[ Pae'il Diaries ]: ~ Player Maintained

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces