Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
What are some must see movies? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Got movies?
  Yes
  No
View Results

xParanormal Angelx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:17 pm
I want to watch some movies but I don't know which ones. What are the must see movies I should see?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:22 pm
Pulp Fiction, any Quentin Tarintino movie and any Mel Brooks movie  

Ultra_jill

Atheist Guy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:17 am
Requiem For a Dream,The Wreseler,28 days later,and The Machinist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:57 am
Hmm, a blank slate, I'd say;

2001: A Space Odyssey
Battle Royale
Breathless
The Fountain
Terminator 2
Wristcutters: A Love Story

Fairly good mix thar... think of more later.  

loIitoads

aanndii

4,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:37 am
Hayao Miyazaki movies if you prefer anime movies....

Nightmare before Christmas
Transformers 1 and 2
and others....  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:59 pm
Avoid Michael Bay movies, as a general rule. xP

Wristcutters: A Love Story
The Go-Getter
Saved!
Death Proof

Of course, 2008 packed a punch with fantastic, award-winning movies, so if you haven't seen Slumdog Millionaire, Milk, Curious Case of Benjamin Button, or The Reader yet...what are you waiting for?

Those would be a very good start to a lesser watched pack of A+ movies.  

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

Chaotic_Theoretician

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:09 am
Hmm...

Defiance ← Definitely (stars Daniel Craig and Liev Schreiber)
Swordfish ← (stars John Travolta, Hugh Jackman, and Halle Barry.)
Kate And Leopold ← Nice romantic comedy (stars Hugh Jackman, Meg Ryan, and Liev Schreiber)
Lethal Weapon ← [all four movies] (stars Mel Gibson and Danny Glover)

If you're for major action packed movies, you should look up movies that star Clive Owen or Jason Statham. If you want romantic comedies, they vary across a broad spectrum, but just look for something with Matthew McConaughey. Made of Honor is also a cute romantic comedy. For just comedy alone, Tropic Thunder (starring Robert Downey, Jr., Ben Stiller, and Jack Black) is a good choice, even though it was really stupid. Movies that make you cry?

P.S. I Love You ← (stars Hilary Swank, Gerard Butler, Harry Connick, Jr., and others)
My Sister's Keeper ← (still in theaters)
August Rush ← A touching movie that made me cry, but won't guarantee tears for you. (stars Keri Russell, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, and Robin Williams)

As for horror and thriller, I don't really watch those movies, so I can't tell you much about them or what I would suggest. P2 (starring Wes Bentley and Rachel Nichols) is classified as a horror/thriller, and I've watched most of it. It's a pretty good movie.

...I hope this helps. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:12 pm
Wow, nice suggestions. Surprisingly, I haven't seen most of those. I know Transformers 2 is probably good so I'm going to see that. I loved Slumdog Millionaire.  

xParanormal Angelx

xxXnarutofreak567Xxx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:01 pm
definetly "9". that movie trailer looked awesome!!! oh and watchmen...and funny people...and tron: legacy(yes!!!! there's a sequel!!!! find out on youtube.com!!!!)  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:56 pm
POTC. If you don't like the first one don't bother with the others.

Anything Tim Burton, Hayao Miyazaki, or has Johnny Depp in it (like Cry-Baby, Secret Window, The Ninth Gate, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, Public Enemies, etc.)

Billy Elliot and But I'm a Cheerleader. Don't bother watching if you're homophobic.

Spaceballs. Funny parody of Star Wars. BTW watch Star Wars too. All 6 movies.

Chicago, Rent, Guys and Dolls, Moulin Rouge, Phantom of the Opera, Avenue Q, Bye Bye Birdie. Musicals. Period. <3

William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet.

Titanic.

Underworld. Vamps and Lycans (Werewolfs). Do you need anything else?

The Resident Evil movies. Alice is kickass.

Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium.

Pan's Labyrinth.

Labyrinth. David Bowie in tights!

Saved!

Anything Disney. Ella Enchanted, Princess Diaries, and Enchanted are really good.

Lord of the Rings. Try to do it in one sitting!!!!  

Valkyrie_Saphria

Hilarious Fairy

5,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Signature Look 250

x--stevee--x

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:27 am
there are so many good movies out there!

lord of the rings trilogy - its just amazing

little miss sunshine - its so touching in a really weird way

spirited away - so creative and has a great ending

JFK - its long but it will change your life

coraline - its different, interesting, and just the right amount of creepy

the dark knight - it will remind you why batman is so awesome

any tim burton movie - they are all creative and he has an amazing movie style

any johnny depp movie - he is so talented and plays so many different characters that you will never get bored of him.

any gary oldman movie - gary oldman is extremely captivating and you will fall in love with every character he portrays, good or evil.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:28 pm
x--stevee--x
there are so many good movies out there!

lord of the rings trilogy - its just amazing

little miss sunshine - its so touching in a really weird way

spirited away - so creative and has a great ending

JFK - its long but it will change your life

coraline - its different, interesting, and just the right amount of creepy

the dark knight - it will remind you why batman is so awesome

any tim burton movie - they are all creative and he has an amazing movie style

any johnny depp movie - he is so talented and plays so many different characters that you will never get bored of him.

any gary oldman movie - gary oldman is extremely captivating and you will fall in love with every character he portrays, good or evil.

how bout clint eastwood??? tim burton and dark knight r awesome
click this, man!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dHhktFLPs  

xxXnarutofreak567Xxx

Atomic Pixie7

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:59 pm
Where to begin, there are alot of great movies that you just have to see. But my first suggestion is my favorite movie of all time...Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory! The original, not the Johnny Depp remake, though, that one is good too and closer to the book, but I absolutely love the original the most! Then there is of course Gone with the Wind and The Wizard of Oz. Those are all major classics. Then there is Tootsie, Hook, You've Got Mail ( or the original story line was used in " The Shop Around the Corner" with Jimmy Stewart or another remake of the original was "In the Good Old Summertime" with Judy Garland. They all have the same story line, but it's cool to see it done with the different actors and different decades. Newer movies that are must sees are Coraline, The Ugly Truth (in theaters now), UP, Horton Hears a Who and The Bee Movie. I could go on forever, but that should hold you for awhile. Pop the popcorn and enjoy! biggrin As you can tell, I'm really just a big kid considering the main type of movies I like. But they are fun!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:58 pm
All the X-men movies, Spiderman trio, Van Helsing, Fast and Furious *all of them* (though the first one has the best story Tokyo Drift is really awesome i think heh) 3nodding sweatdrop whee
For animated fanatics I'd say any and all of Studio Ghibli and in particular Hayao Miyazaki films
If you want something that is just pure wonderful story Autumn Rush, The Family Man, A.I., Pass It Forward, Enough, mmm if you want something more classic but wholesome . . .smiles* heh don't laugh but It's a Wonderful Life really is a great movie ^//^ cool
And for classics/musicals I suggest The King And I and also Carousel isn't so bad ^u^
And the Harry Potter movies are pretty good they are better at the beginning in my opinion
I DON"T suggest the Twilight movie
I read the first book when the second was still being made I'm a HUGE book reader and I am telling you that the series is pretty good not as much action as I'd like but still a WONDERFUL read and the movies SUCKED they got so much of it wrong and changed it and the effects were so lame i was ashamed that I'd dragged my whole family to see it and it turned out the way it did crying
Push
The Knowing
and Signs are good movies too . . . sorry bout the rant by the way xp  

Un-Chien-1

Shadowy Shapeshifter

6,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Xcharger

Generous Guildsman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:37 am
Taken, and yes, of cousre... The Titanic...  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff