Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teadum
Captain

Quotable Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:05 pm
POSSIBLE SPOILERS(Though I'll try to cover it up the best I can)

So, just finished Death Note a few days ago...I originally didn't like the show that much...but it slowly grew on me...until I was dying to see the end. Then The ending was HORRIBLE(Well, in my mind, and I have a few arguments about what the fudge happened there and how what happened could NEVER have happened. >:/)

But Despite that I suppose I was a fan of everything up until about the time SPOILERSPOILERSPOILER L died...then it just got lame for me. :/

Whatcha think?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:58 pm
i was never able to get into death note.i mean as soon as you find out what the death note does and how light starts using it,you know automatically he's going to go insane and probably end up dieing.

so i don't have much to say about this anime/manga  

Corrosive -- PLAY

6,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

kuja-tribal-angelofdeath
Crew

7,050 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:52 pm
I recently finished Death Note myself.
I was horrified when SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER you've been warned L dies.
I had to watch a few episodes again because I can never understand what the heck happened XD  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:49 pm

I knew that SPOILERS((Pretty muich this whole thing is SPOILERS...so if you haven't seen the end I suggest you not read past this)) L was going to die, I saw something about it on DeviantART.

I'm just really confused about the end...((I don't believe Light would have made such an obvious mistake, since he made the point to say that one dude acted on his own and he told the chick to call him...)) but what I don't get is about the Death Notes and how they got where.

Like, There were three, Misa had one, Light had one, and the police had one. The police gave theirs to Melo, got it back, and gave it to the Shinigami that it belonged to, leaving only two. Light gave up ownership of his and gave it to Misa, and she gave hers to him without giving up ownership, so that he could still remember everything(and he kept it tucked in his pants so he would always remember what was going on). Misa then gave her Death Note to that one dude. First problem was that Misa lost her memory...but technically she still owned the one Light had, so that doesn't make since. Then, somehow the police had one again, which means they would've had to have someone gotten the one Light had((Since in the end that one guy Misa gave hers to obviously had one, so there was no one else they could've gotten one from)) that he kept to keep his memories. So not only did it not explain how the police got it, it doesn't explain how Light can remember anything about what happened with it, since he's not in direct contact.

So what I want to know is how the Note Book got from Light to the Police. :/ Does that make since to anyone else? I'm pretty sure that was never explained...

Teadum
Captain

Quotable Poster

kuja-tribal-angelofdeath
Crew

7,050 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:34 pm
somehow somewhere near made a fake death note and switched it with Mikami's (that's who i believe you're referring to as 'that one dude' LOL) and
wait...
I can't even explain this it confused me too!
@.@
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:56 am

Yah, I knew he switched his, but it doesn't explain how the one Misa gave to Light got into the police hands, and how, even though he didn't own a Death Note, he still remembered everything! D:

Thus he shouldn't have died and he wins, like it was SUPPOSE to end. neutral
DD; Poor Light...

Either way, the show got kinda lame for me after L died and he was "replaced" by Melo and Near...they were just not as cool as L. ;[

Teadum
Captain

Quotable Poster

kuja-tribal-angelofdeath
Crew

7,050 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:11 am
eh I was so-so with Mello and Near
I think why Light didn't forget anything was because he had a small piece of death note paper hidden in his watch.
that has to count for something right?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:54 am

I don't think so.

If you recall he had that piece of paper in his watch the whole time after he gave up his Death Note the first time, and only remembered about it(and everything else) after he touched it in the helicopter.

Teadum
Captain

Quotable Poster

kuja-tribal-angelofdeath
Crew

7,050 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:07 pm
...we're going to have to watch the anime over and make some sort of chart to keep up with this stuff
XD  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:17 pm

No kidding! D; ((Though I'm still so P-ed off at it right now I don't know when I could watch it again. :/))

It all makes since up until the last few parts, where they wanted to end it a certain way, even if it didn't make since.

I just want to know how the fudge Light's Death NOte got into police hands. I mean, I suppose I could believe that Misa gave up her ownership of her second Death Note(the one Light had) without it ever actually being shown, which explains how Misa doesn't remember anything, and how Light could remember without touching it. But that's only speculation at best, since they never stated that in the show((that I am aware anyway)). But once again, there's that HUGE problem of how the police had Light's in the end of the show...

I hated the ending anyways, so I'm just gonna say it shouldn't have ended that way because those dudes obviously don't know what there talking about if they can't even stick with their own story. >^< *is still pouting*

Teadum
Captain

Quotable Poster

ScarletStar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:58 pm
I read the manga up to the point L dies... Then I stopped. XD I tried reading past that but I just couldn't get into the story line after that.
Then I just skipped to the end.

I think I liked the ending to the manga better than the ending to the anime...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:46 am

It's different in the manga?!

What happens! :0

Teadum
Captain

Quotable Poster

ScarletStar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:51 pm
SPOILER!!

Um. If I remember correctly, the whole scene in the warehouse happens with Near figuring our that Light is Kira. Then Light goes kind of crazy and Matsuda does shoot him, but in the manga he shots him like in the legs as well so he can't run away (like he did in the anime), and Light figures out that the only way he was going to get out of the situation is with Ryuk's help. So he tries to convince Ryuk to kill everyone but instead of killing everyone there he just kills Light because he's no longer of any "entertainment." Light freaks out during the 40 seconds after Ryuk wrote his name in the notebook. Then he dies. Then it goes on to an epilogue. In my opinion this was must more dramatic than in the Anime, and I think is what Light deserves more even though he does die in both. =p  
Other Anime Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games