Submit

Rayne Skyver

Shameless Exhibitionist

10,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:36 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
What are your views on Gay Marriage?

Personally, I feel that if two people are in love then they should be allowed to marry. If people whom are religious feel that it violates their religion by saying vows that have to do with god, in a church then fine, that is their right. But, if that's the case Gay couples should be allowed something that equals the same as marriage, and no just domestic partnership.
I'm straight but I have many gay and bisexual friends who are dating someone of their own sex and should be able to have the rights of everyone else.
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal..."
So people now get to pick and choose everyone someone elses' rights?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:49 am
I agree. Gay people are people too- most believe themselves to be straight for a time, so within that period of time when they're questioning if they're gay or not, they're still human, but the second they decide that the girl(or guy) over there is actually quite cute and single, soon to be not, they're less then human? Remember the Pledge of Allegance? Last line: With liberty and justice to all. Not giving someone the same rights for their sexuality is racist and unjust..... and I thank you for pulling up the "All men are created equal" line. Honestly, anti-gay marriage makes me think that this society is close minded, self concieted, and unthinking. I'm sorry, but that's what I take most of the population as in it's current state....  

Azusanga

eccentricanomaly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:24 am
I see nothing wrong with gay marriage.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:08 pm
Not that I have anything against gay marraige, but I don't see the point in it. A gay couple can just live together and it would basically be like they're married. But it's like you said, homosexuals should have the same rights as everyone else. And if they want to get married then why not.  

Rei Uchikino

Fatgirl and Robin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:24 am
This is how I see it. If I want to get married, be it to a man or woman, no one is telling me I can't.
Or I'll flip out like a ninja on them.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:35 pm
Rei Uchikino
Not that I have anything against gay marraige, but I don't see the point in it. A gay couple can just live together and it would basically be like they're married. But it's like you said, homosexuals should have the same rights as everyone else. And if they want to get married then why not.

But they're not. If a straight couple lived together, it'd be like they were married too....  

Azusanga

Tangerine_Monster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:34 pm
I say yes to gay marriage. If a church refuses to marry a gay couple because it goes against their beliefs, they should be allowed to do that. That's freedom of religion. But besides that, I see absolutely no reason why gays should not be allowed to marry.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:05 pm
Azusanga
Rei Uchikino

But they're not. If a straight couple lived together, it'd be like they were married too....

This is true. But originally marriage wasn't created out of love. It was arranged to make families. The way I see it, a straight couple that plans on having a family normally gets married. I don't know of any families where the mom and dad have never been married at all and just lived together. But I do know some straight people who don't see the point in marriage and don't want any kids, and say that they'll just live with their significant other like they're married.  

Rei Uchikino

Hikari No Tamashii

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:09 am
Completely for gay marriage.
Not to take any romance out of the situation or anything, but marriage basically boils down to a contract. And when two men or two women are not allowed to sign a contract together, I find that to be a rather sorry state of affairs.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:48 pm
Rei Uchikino
Azusanga
Rei Uchikino

This is true. But originally marriage wasn't created out of love. It was arranged to make families. The way I see it, a straight couple that plans on having a family normally gets married. I don't know of any families where the mom and dad have never been married at all and just lived together. But I do know some straight people who don't see the point in marriage and don't want any kids, and say that they'll just live with their significant other like they're married.

I know a few people who are married but don't have and never plan on having kids. My ninth grade biology teacher was like that.

And what about all the legal stuff that goes along with getting legally married?  

eccentricanomaly

Lieutenant Shotgun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Gay marriage FTW.

Love is love, period.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:44 am
Lieutenant Shotgun

Gay marriage FTW.

Love is love, period.

biggrin
This totally doesn't have to do with the topic [and I'm sorry] but did you make your post boarder? Or did someone else do it for you because its absolutely adorable.
4laugh

Rayne Skyver

Shameless Exhibitionist

10,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Citizen 200

Sisterbroken

Winter Bunny

22,525 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Winter Guardian 250
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:13 am
eccentricanomaly
Rei Uchikino
Azusanga
Rei Uchikino

I know a few people who are married but don't have and never plan on having kids. My ninth grade biology teacher was like that.

And what about all the legal stuff that goes along with getting legally married?

A lot of the legale stuff comes down to if they have kids and one gets hurt can the outher keep the child and unless the cuple was "marryed" they cant. So the child gets taken away. The hole issue on "cant they just come up with a differnt choice of words?" is in my openion bull s**t. If the term marage is only used on a man and wife what dose that say to same sex couples? your not good enough to have the same tittle? This also brings up the issue of gender changes. If i change to a man get amrred to a women then chnge back to a girl are we still marryed? Ever sence same sex couples fell in love and wanted to be together problems with outhers have arised. any one want to know a fact about your loveable churchs?

the priest used to have gay sex yes thats right gay sex from im almost sure it was the 1600's so them no saying its unholly is bull s**t they just dont want to lose power. what now???!!!

((sorry im in GSA so i can rant about this stuff sweatdrop ))  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:29 am
It's perfectly legal where I live n_n the debated about it ended years ago over here. I've hardly known anything else.
So in my opinion, gay marriage doesn't differ from 'straight marriage' at all. I cannot possibly see anything wrong with it. If two people who love eachother decide that the want to get married, how can you possibly refuse them the right to do so just because they do not fit your Medieval stereotypes?
(I'm sorry if anyone feels insulted by this, though >.> )
<3

~LukaTheNeko~

xViolet_Demisex

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:09 pm
I am 100% for gay marriages..nuff said wink  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items