Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
What do you hate in movies Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXUber_NoodleXx

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:32 pm
Well in the movie Saving Private Ryan my favorite character (the sniper) dies
so i hate it when a main character dies  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:02 pm
I can't stand bad acting  

deadlance47

xxXnarutofreak567Xxx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:00 pm
can't stand(i repeat, STAND!!!!!!!) movies that don't keep that plotline fresh and going  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:23 pm
Cant stand the same movie concept over and over and over again. Romance and/or Comedy ~ man falls in love with girl, girl falls in love with guy, something or someone gets in the way, man does somthing dramatic and wonderful, girl and guy live happily together. Horror - psycho killer seeks revenge for wanted death or psycho killer feels like killing (I like horror with a little bit of variety).  

LunaSoulKeeper

4,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100

loIitoads

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:27 am
I can forgive pretty much any plotting errors if the characterisation is strong, but if there's weak characterisation, it takes a lot to win me over to a film. If I'm just presented with a genre archetype, I'm not going to be drawn in.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:26 pm
I'm tired of shocking moments. The ones where it gets quiet and then there's a sudden movement accompanied by a spike in the volume of the sound effects/music in order to evoke a surprised reaction. My brain is now trained to expect these moments to happen whenever it gets quiet during a film, and it irritates the hell out of me, especially when I'm watching the kind of movie where those moments aren't going to happen. It's such a shitty device and I am sick to death of it.  

Quixotic Faye

xXUber_NoodleXx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:22 pm
hate same plots too
like in the in-law movies it is always the dad and the husband that dont get along and the wife and the mother that dont get along  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:03 am
Quixotic Faye
I'm tired of shocking moments. The ones where it gets quiet and then there's a sudden movement accompanied by a spike in the volume of the sound effects/music in order to evoke a surprised reaction. My brain is now trained to expect these moments to happen whenever it gets quiet during a film, and it irritates the hell out of me, especially when I'm watching the kind of movie where those moments aren't going to happen. It's such a shitty device and I am sick to death of it.

Definately. It's ridiculous how often this is used in place of an actual attempt to make a film shocking. I mean, it's not that hard to disgust the majority of people, horror monsters don't need volume spikes to be scary/horrible.  

loIitoads

Lunar Kissed

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:41 pm
I am tired of stupid humor in comedies. Is it really too much to ask for witty dialogue than cheap shots that have been done to death?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:34 am
Lunar Kissed
I am tired of stupid humor in comedies. Is it really too much to ask for witty dialogue than cheap shots that have been done to death?

I'm tired of snarky retorts being dressed-up as witty dialogue and thrown to us. I mean, I enjoyed Juno, but it wasn't 'witty dialogue,' it was a bunch of funny one-liners that led nowhere in particular.  

loIitoads

JInnYenn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:31 pm
I hate bad one-liners....  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:18 am
hmm. i hate some cliches and bad acting and out of place soundtrack.

Atheist Guy

xTx Monty xTx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:34 am
the good guy always live i hate it that where they make plot thicken even more wtf luke related vader when did this occur  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:22 pm
Demetri Ex Oblivion
Well in the movie Saving Private Ryan my favorite character (the sniper) dies
so i hate it when a main character dies

He wasn't a main character in that movie but I hate bad acting and movies with no plot the only exception are comiedies there I'm expecting to laugh and I'm not looking for plot

I also can't stand Mattew whats-his-face from Contact and Shara He is a terrible acter and Jodie Foster Should not have a close-up like in contact.  

Ultra_jill

The Mumbling Reaper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:13 pm
There are two things I can't stand. One of them is when things are moving too quickly. Although I know that sometimes it's inevitable I wish more movies would spare a little time to show the passage of it. The second thing is how I can predict what's going to happen in just about every movie. As LunaSoulKeeper put it...

Quote:
Cant stand the same movie concept over and over and over again. Romance and/or Comedy ~ man falls in love with girl, girl falls in love with guy, something or someone gets in the way, man does somthing dramatic and wonderful, girl and guy live happily together. Horror - psycho killer seeks revenge for wanted death or psycho killer feels like killing (I like horror with a little bit of variety).

T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff