Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mortal Instruments Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussions, RPing, and generally enjoying books. Mostly Cassandra Clare's, but other's as well. 

Tags: Mortal, Instruments, Infernal, Devices, Clare 

Reply Discuss the Romance
Simon and Clary

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elizabeta_Hungary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:48 am
So, wat ur opinion on there relationship?
Probebly was my 3rd favorite, but, a good one. Just wish simon would've stopped ditching clary all the time.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:03 pm
She didnt give him much choice. It was either tail him pathetically or get a life of his own. Cant really blame him.  

netherfreak
Captain

Ace-Light

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:13 am
Agreed. They gave it a try, but Clary went to Jace. He had to move on.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:14 am
jace and clary better be together. i'm only on city of ashes. i don't hate simon, but i do hate him as clary's boyfriend, them being friends is good enough.....  

dascenzo

Starcatcher07

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:06 am
I feel bad for Simon. But then again i can simpithise with him cuz i fell for one of my best friends. But i do think that Jace is better for Clary, but i wasn't sure though most of the books weather it should be Simon or Jace. Then Simon became a Vampire and i was turned to the NEVER. i was (and still am) done with the vampire love stories.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:40 am
I tihnk their relationship was good for the development and grown of the characters on their own, but the relationship would never work. In a lot of movies and stories, it seems that they make the best friends perfect for each other by the end of the book. But realistically, there's not enough romance to make a successful relationship. Plus, I love reading all of Simon's growth and decision making during the later books. It's almost funny to see him "play the field." Because there's only disaster waiting to happen.

chelrose10

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:48 pm
chelrose10
Plus, I love reading all of Simon's growth and decision making during the later books. It's almost funny to see him "play the field." Because there's only disaster waiting to happen.

That's exactly how I feel. Simon is growing to be his own person and I don't think that would've happened if he and Clary ended up together. And you're dead on with it being a disaster. He better learn from CoFA if he wants to survive lol  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:09 am
i would say that Simon is doomed to be an old cat guy...wait, a young-old cat guy. I read an excerpt from city of Lost souls and it hinted at Isabelle having drunk sex with Jordon. Poor Simon...  

Glitch EiS

Dapper Informer

4,900 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Jacob 100

Azn_Expo_Marker

Genius

8,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:48 am
I like Simon, but he shouldn't be with Clary, they have more of a best friend/sibling kind of thing rather than a romantic relationship...
Jace and Clary~♥
But I still have no clue who Simon should go with. Serioussly. O.O

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:58 am
netherfreak
chelrose10
Plus, I love reading all of Simon's growth and decision making during the later books. It's almost funny to see him "play the field." Because there's only disaster waiting to happen.

That's exactly how I feel. Simon is growing to be his own person and I don't think that would've happened if he and Clary ended up together. And you're dead on with it being a disaster. He better learn from CoFA if he wants to survive lol

Hahahahah, I can only see him being tortured. Thoroghly. :p  

chelrose10

mintiswirl

Rainbow Champion

6,350 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:03 pm
I never thought that Simon and Clary would be together, or at least that a romantic relationship would'nt be able to last for them. Jace and Clary was destined (at least in my head) and then the romantic part was never entirely mutual, it was mostly on Simon's side.  
Discuss the Romance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games