Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:24 am
It was a moment that Drucilla had never thought she'd see. The only thing that could make the fantasy complete, is if the 3 missing members of her family were present. But she knew it would not be a loving scene if that was the case. Still she wondered ... absence did make the heart grow fonder.

It was for this moment too, that most of her stress and worries melted away briefly. She seen a glimmer of happiness. Real happiness. But, being the logical-minded pae that she was, the fantasy didn't last long. She stiffened herself back up, to her normal posture and folded her arms in front of her and just observed.

"We've been here on the island the whole time, hun." Mo said, still smiling at Grendell. Daddy. He hadn't been called daddy since Dru was a young child. "I ... I looked for you, and your moms. And even your brother and Victor. I feared the worst...I ... didn't think I would ever see your face again." He spoke directly to Grendell, but he did mean Morena too.

He glanced to his former lover, trying to determine if he should still fear for his life. But she appeared, at least, to be welcoming the reunion. His 'flight' instincts were calming down now.

"Where did you guys go?" Dru wanted to know why they'd left. She was convinced they left her, despite knowing the circumstances in which she and Mo ended up 'in hiding' in Dragnid, but when they came out of hiding, the family was gone.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:32 am
It was the mention of Victor especially that caused her smile to fade and a frown to reemerge. Looking away a moment, she mentally pushed all the thoughts away and looked back the smile back in place. "They are all gone, but for a long while I was living in that building Mom and Letha had built. After we left, just after I grew into a teen, Mom went to train her powers and I followed. There was nowhere else for me to go." No one for her to turn to, she had no way to find her dad that she knew of. "I tired looking for you and Dru, Mom said she did as well. I was just never allowed in the dark forest and some of the areas around it, even though I am a fighter." It was a task to force away unbidden tears, but Grendell was up to just about everything. What helped was her annoance at her mother, trying to go anyway had led her through one illusion into another until she had to give up to keep her senses.

Never again, she promised herself, this time she would not lose her Daddy again. Her sister too, of course, she didn't want to lose her either. Alty was another case, she gave up on him even though they had been close at one time. Things change, so do pae.

Morena was unfazed when Victor, Letha and Alty were brought up, half way because she was watching the sudden change in her daughter. Putting a gentle hand on the back of her shoulder, she answered the young pae, "Victor left us as soon as you and your Dad left, Alty stuck around but had a hatred of Letha so he didn't show up often. Once Grendell got close to being a teenager I took her away from it, but before then we were in the same house. Part of me hoped that if we'd stay, we'd be easier to find and you two would came back." That was one reason; she was right where they left her. The other was simple complacency; she had been with Letha so long that she almost forgot how easy it was to simply leave.

They traveled after that, her heart sank when she thought that it might have been because of her they never found her. "I was training after that, on the far left end of the island, when it was still floating. You might have walked by us and we never saw you." She might have ended up tricking him with one of her illusions, or tricked herself out of seeing him. Grendell would be likely to think he was an illusion and not bother to come out of hiding or training only to get crushed..again.

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:47 am
At the news that Letha and Victor were actually gone, Mo could have done back flips. That is, if it wouldn't mess up his hair. Over time, he'd grown to despise them. They ruined his life plans completely because of their selfish arrogance. Itd been long enough, Mo'd convinced himself he's an even bigger victim than he really is. It was just easier to pass the blame anyway.

And over time, he never placed blame on Morena. He felt that she was as much a victim as he was. Never faulted her for things, even if he didn't agree with some of the things that happened with her in the beginning.

Now his son. He never could place why he didn't feel for his boy, the way he felt for his girls. Perhaps it was jealousy? He didn't think so, because his daughters are the only creatures ever to live that he'd openly admit were prettier than him. His son... he took after Letha and Victor, and he suspected that had a lot to do with why he wasn't able to bond with the boy. Mo took notice in the change in Grendell at the mention of the others so he decided to not bring them up again if he could help it.

"Terrible luck then, I suppose. Missing each other like that when we could have been right there. But we spent most of our time in Dragnid. Dru only really ventured outside of the forest." Mo stopped to listen to what Morena was telling Dru, amused slightly that Alty hated Letha too. Maybe the boy had hope.

"Dad ... took me away from Letha and Victor..." Dru started in response, but quickly quieted up and looked to her father. She wasn't sure if Mo wanted her to speak that secret or not.

Mo chuckled slightly, amused at Morena's story. "Glad you wised up and left 'em too. They're toxic yanno." yeah, he had no love left for them. He noticed Dru's somewhat concerned look when she spoke, but nodded ever-so slightly at her, reassuring her that she didn't do bad.

"Dad tells me ... they would have corrupted me," Drucilla continued on. "And made me stupid." Not being smart was the absolute worst fate Dru could imagine. Like being strong was important to her sister, being smart was important to Dru.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:08 am
Course hearing where her father was, Grendell gave sharp look at her Mother. "Told you I should have gone in there." She ventured to even glare a little before going back to paying attention to her Dad. It was another reason to resent Morena now, she had kept them apart!

The stories of the shadow thing were never told to her. All she knew was that she wasn't allowed in there and now the only beings in there would have been her father and sister. It didn't matter the danger, by the time she really wanted to go she was a teen and very handy with a Morningstar.

The ball at the end of her staff warmed a little then went back to being dormant. Morena was more than tempted to show Grendell just what she was trying to save her child from. This mother didn't take well to backtalk of any sort. What saved her was her control on her temper and the fact that Mo and Dru were there. "I had my reasons, Grendell, a being called the Shadow lived there, it could not be harmed by any physical weapon that I knew of. Obviously it either left or never ventured to your dad and sister's spot in the forest." Strafe be praised, she didn't speak that allowed but since being free of Lehta and Victor's influences, she had gone back to venerating the elders. The only difference, she had a better one to follow and praise. There were lingering changes to the once indifferent pae.

Out worldly, she was again still but her knuckles went pale green as she gripped her staff. At that point in her life she was gaining an attachment to Mo, the fact he had to take one of their children away without telling her was irritating. It had to fall with his miss judging of where her loyalties were.

She answered Mo with a statement it took her a while to realize, "They are takers, take everything from you without giving anything back, emotional black holes. It took me longer to realize it through blindness but yeah, I saw it too." She stayed for her daughter and son; if she hadn't had them her butt would have been long gone. That, however, she was leaving unsaid.

To Dru she told her, "I can't truly speak on what would have happened, but I am sure you wouldn't be the person you are today if you had stayed with them. Though, I would have done everything in my power to protect you. They play favorites, probably would have alienated you from your siblings with jealousy. Anything that didn't meet their, I use this word loosely, plan is coaxes to be warped until it does." That is her explanation to what happened to her all those years ago. It was bad timing that she walked into the Poses and made a place for herself. It never was a good thing, she desired the lover she didn't have and only played around to get him. Turned out she didn't really want Victor after all.

Finishing her little speech, she stated, "I am not happy I missed all of your childhood, but if you are happy with the person you have become, I don't have too much cause to complain." What was important was Dru was happy, even if it killed her that Mo didn't trust her and robbed her of so much. She could show Mo everything he missed, every moment with her own power. That could not be returned by the former.

Grendell was dismissive of her mother's warnings. Her daddy and sister were just fine, she would have been too. Was it really better that she couldn't trust her own senses, was that the life that her daddy would have been glad she had? Oo! It made her mad to think about it. The good senses she did have told her to let it lie for now.

"Seeing as you were Father's favorite, I am pretty sure you'd be spoiled out of any thoughts of doing things for yourself, turning your mind dull and useless. Alty and I would likely have hated you at that point. We couldn't get him to like us no matter how hard we worked. It always seemed arbitrary that he seemed to care for you like that when you weren't even there." Resentment she had for Dru was gone long ago, the moment she stopped loving her Father. It didn't matter that it seemed she had the love of everyone, all four of their parents when it felt like she only had one, Morena whom she didn't really even like that much.

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:52 am
Mo refused to respond to the comments about the Shadow. He wrote that off as Victor's crazy nonsense, and even convinced himself it was Victor's creation used to control him and the others. In all his time in Dragnid, he never once encountered such a being. Sure the creatures and wild life were a bit on the rabid side, compared to the rest of the isle, but you learn quickly to avoid them.

"Yeah .. selfish wankers, the both of them. And Alty.. I don't know what to think of him..." Mo trailed off a bit. He knew he should feel ashamed for the detachment, but try as he might, he just didn't care of the fate of his son. Had Letha really left that negative of an impression on him? And what about his girls, they were the apple of his eye?

Drucilla just chuckled lightly at what her mom was telling her about her other parents. "Dad tells me similar things, just ... a bit more colorfully. I am glad I don't have to leave with them." she replies to her mother.

Turning to Grendell, she's a bit offended by what her sister just remarked at her. "Yeah well, you are the lucky one. Victor is the reason Dad had to hide me. I would have killed to trade places with you." she quickly shut up, as some of her bitterness was seeping through, and she knew it wasn't right to speak the way she had. Getting back on track, she focused back to Victor, "I didn't want to be his favorite. I wanted him to leave us alone."

Mo hefted a sigh as the past was returning to haunt him. The past in which he'd comfortably forgetten about because it was all too incredibly painful. He moved towards the couch again, and sat down. He motioned for the girls to join him as he began to speak up. "I had to get away from Victor, and Letha. Victor mostly, Morena. I had to save Drucilla from becoming like Victor." he looked at his daughter and watched her move to the armchair near the couch to sit down. He bit his lip, not wanting to say it, but needing to, because he owed this much to Morena, for takign one of her babies away. "She ... takes after him. I didn't want him teaching her too. It was bad enough to deal with the stuff she was born with." He blurted, eyes on Drucilla, hoping he didn't just saying something he'd regret.

Dru looked horrified at this revelation. There was no way she was like her father. She worked hard to not be like him. She loved her dad and took care of him; something Victor would never do. She rose to her feet, tears obviously in her eyes. "I am not like Victor!" she shouted at him and ran off to towards the door, covering her face in shame as the tears started pouring down.

Mo sulked. He did not go after her, as he knew she just needed her space to get the tears out. This happened each time something upset her to the brink of tears. She'd run off, let it out and then come back for a hug. Least, he assumed it was gonna be like that. He did just insult her in the worst way. "Sorry ... she should be fine..."

He looked to Grendell, then to Morena, worried again that he may have just messed up. Was that a good enough reason to have taken her and went into hiding?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:58 am
Naturally, she knew the Shadow to be real; it was inside of her at one point after all. The fae would not have been surprised to find out there were claw marks on her very brain from that beast of a creature. Listening to Mo speak uncertainly about their son, she was compelled to come to the boy's defense, "He isn't much like them, after awhile I was the only parent he seemed to like. He turned out similar to Grendell in many ways, a bit darker and more of a conquer, but similar." Given they were raised in a similar way and had to deal with the same problems, that was sort of a given.

Looking at Dru, her smile appeared and warmed. Maybe she did turn out better for it, what would Grendell have become if she had been taken by Mo as well? She wouldn't think of what she would have done to Mo had she ever found him, just on the affect it could have had on her other daughter.

Hearing the remarks starting to fly, she could already see the first fight between sisters.

Grendell didn't rise to fight, just yet, but she wasn't as careful with her words as she could have been. "How does that make me lucky, Dru? I lived where you were rescued from and if you didn't want to be Victor's favorite, why trade places with me? 'Sides, no one gets to choose where they stand with him, even Mother says so." Morena had once told her she had wanted to be with Victor a long time ago, but that no one chooses how they are seen by him. It made a lot of sense to her; she never got the place she wanted. She would have given up a lot to have been in Dru's place, not everything, but a lot.

Getting up with her dad, she settled in to sit next to him. Something about what her dad stated didn't sit well with her at all, she wanted to ask but didn't.

She was now convinced it was the best thing that Mo only handled one child, this little confrontation turned out awful. It had been her intention to be closer to Mo in order to spare Dru from having to take care of him anymore, but her baby needed her more right now then in the future.

Morena shook her head and told Mo, "Maybe, but I'd like to see if I can speed up the process. I'll go after her." Taking flight, the green fae moved on silent wings to zip after the distraught girl. "Dru, Drucillia you don't have to run away from me." Mommy was coming, she'd do anything she could to make this easier on the girl and help soothe away the hurt. Something like this she missed out on when she was growing up but wouldn't turn a deaf ear to it now.

Watching the whole thing, it was bizarre to her that anyone would run away from a confrontation, much less a conversation with something they didn't want to hear. Though speaking of tough things, now that Morena was going after Dru, she could ask "Daddy, why didn't you take me as well? Or gotten Mom to come with you? Even if you didn't like her too much, she wasn't as bad as Victor or Letha." Her mother had her own traits that she couldn't stand, but they were similar to either of her other parents.  

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:24 pm
Drucilla had fled to hide, so that no one could see her emotion and hurt. That was probably her greatest flaw; emotions. She didn't like showing them, as she felt it was as sign of weakness. You can't achieve your goals when fretting and crying about the past afterall.

Grendell's comments were wholly ignored when Mo had insulted Dru. Also, it wasn't her style to argue. She would literally rather beat her head against a wall, then do it figuratively through arguments. She knew she was always right, and others were stubborn and refused to accept the truth anyway. Pointless.

Standing in the doorway leading to the kitchen, she stopped and sobbed into her hands. Being like Victor was her greatest fear. She despised the man 1000% and tried to cut every connection she could to him. If she could figure out a way to change DNA or genetics to get rid of him completely in her life, she would have.

When Morena came closer, Dru moved in to the kitchen around the corner from the door. She didn't want anyone to see her feeling this distraught. "I'm fine, go back to others." she insisted as she furiously wiped the tears from her cheeks.

Mo hefted a sigh. He really didn't know how to answer her, so he opted to just flat out tell her the truth. If it hurt her, he'd be 2 for 2 this afternoon anyway. "Grendell, honey. I left because I wanted out. I regret being involved with Victor and the group he formed. I regretted everything that happened, except one thing ... " He paused, hoping she'd understand. Drucilla did, and he hoped Grendell would as well. "You, your sister and brother. I am glad that the three of you came in to this world. I just ... wish it had been under different circumstances. Victor was abusive and crazy. I was not going to live a life being his whipping boy whenever he was frustrated. And Letha... that stupid ..." he stopped to censor himself, not wanting to call the mother of his daughters foul words in front of them. "Well, she ruined everything. Morena ... was just an innocent bystander that got caught up in it all. At the time, she was loyal to Letha. I wasn't going to tell her where I went, as I figured she'd just tell Letha anyway."

He really didn't want to have to answer why he chose Drucilla. It'd only open another can of worms. He fidgeted a bit, staring at his fingers while thinking about just how to tell Grendell this ...

"I ... didn't choose to take Drucilla over you, or Alturius. When I was getting ready to leave, I entered the nursery. It was dark, and I couldn't see. I just ... wanted to leave, and give at least one of you the chance to be raised away from that situation. I reached down and just took the first baby I could without waking the others. I was angry and confused, and very mixed up at that point in my life. I ..." He stopped, trying to make sense of things himself. He hated having to go over all this again in his mind.

If he had been on the outside listening to this, he'd have smacked himself. He did a selfish and foolish thing, yes. But he felt trapped, and forced to be someone he wasn't. He had to get out.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:09 pm
Morena wasn't sure exactly how to handle Drucilla, but treating her too softly didn't sound like a solid idea either. Thinking about it a moment more, she stepped closer, "You are not, Dru. Running away and hiding like your ashamed, that is far from being fine. Nothing gets better or solved doing what you are doing, waste of time don't you think?" It wasn't startling how different she was from her sister, but it did leave her unable to tell what was too far or what was just what the child needed to hear. This unknown irritated her, the closet she got to worry.

It didn't last with her, but it had been there. Reconnecting was a tricky tract. Wanting to be a lot on unfimiliar territory was a slippery slope. At least she was resolute in her direction.

Grendell had a different approach to problems and things she didn't like to hear. Taking in what her dad had said, while sad, she wouldn't have been half surprised if he said he regretted everything including her siblings. She had him on a pedestal, yes, but she wasn't a teen of high hopes with the world.

Father was abusive? That was never mentioned, she knew he was emotionally abusive, but the physical was surprising. Well, maybe it shouldn't be, he didn't live with her mother and Letha, the only time she saw him was briefly once and a while.

He didn't have to worry too much about Letha, Grendell wrinkled up her own brow at the mention of Letha, distaste shown on her own expression as well. 'Course, mention of Morena gained a snort, granted small one.

"I wish you had taken me too, Morena wasn't exactly a dream parent. I guess, Dru might have thought the same from time to time as well." She accepted it because he was at least giving her attention, was real, and appeared happy to see her.

Life might not have been perfect like she pictured it, but hers was open to a little imagination. "What have you done since you left? Was life better? I guess it would be." She answered her own question, if everything was as bad as he said, what he gave up would be worth it.

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:14 am
Drucilla looked at her mother with disgusted anger. "I don't run from my problems, like someone else we know..." she grumbled at the woman standing before her. She just watched Morena before speaking again. Debating talking to her, or just treating her like she treated Mo when she was upset. She'd redirect her hurt, or anger in more productive ways, till she was calm, then talk to her dad.

"I don't like people to see me like this. I don't like anyone knowing I have weakness. This will be resolved when I compose myself. So thank you, Mom, but I am fine. I just need to clean up." She was assertive, not agressive and spoke with all the maturity of an adult. She learned to take care of herself and behave maturely when it was required of her. But sometimes the emotions bottled up had to escape sometimes.

She moved towards the sink in the kitchen to wash her face. It offend her that she was accused now, by both parents present, of being like each of her fathers. She was embarrassed, as well, for this rash act. It wasn't like her, but having Morena and Grendell around was doing weird things to her supposed mental stability.

After she'd dried her face, and traces of tears were gone, except a little puffiness around her eyes, she turned to Morena, and calmly began to speak again. "Its a waste of time to discuss things, or to argue when emotions run high. That is what is a waste of time."

Drucilla, like most teenagers, felt like she had the world figured out and she knew everything she needed to.

Mo was surprised Grendell didn't leave the room as well, nor really show much sadness in her expression. Perhaps it would be a bit easier to talk to her than Drucilla. Mo always knew when she was upset; she'd leave the room, come back a few minutes later then they'd talk. Well, she'd talk down to him and he'd talk down to her and that was the end of it.

"Dru rarely expresses anything of what she's thinking to me. So perhaps she does feel the same." Mo shrugged, unsure of what to say next.

Till Grendell started the more pleasant questions. "Well, we hid for a while. From Victor mostly. He wanted to turn Drucilla into a cold-blooded killer." He said that as if it was as normal as any father wanting their kid to play sports. "Haven't done a whole lot myself. Just day to day living and surviving. We had a nice cave tucked up near the volcano. Lived there until the island fell out of the sky and the cave collapsed. We spent a couple weeks trying to dig ourselves out. Been staying in a stupid cave in To'ul for now, but we're considering moving now that ..." He stopped. Wait, he'd not wanted anyone to know that he lost his power. "Now that ... err ... we're able to." he covered up.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:48 pm
It looked like she was running away from where Morena stood, not looking convinced. Instead of saying anything, she waited until Dru had said everything that she seemed to have to say. The green fae was listening; herd every word keeping every comment to herself. As it seemed Dru was done, the tears were gone and she looked so composed, with too much ego for her own good.

"Hear me out, Drucillia; I missed the chance to raise you. You are practically an adult now, but I know you can learn something from your Mother. You may not see it that way, but it looked like you ran away to me. No, not like Mo, but the moment you got hurt you retreated. To me, it looks like you are haunted." The green ball on her staff glowed and six feet from Dru appeared the image of Victor, no expression in his eyes. She made the decision to create the image lifeless. This was to prove a point, not to traumatize Dru. "This is the image of Victor, the man that seems to be haunting you, through your Dad. You can hit him to dispel him if you wish. Something has to help you resolve the lingering feelings, if they weren't there, what happened that makes you feel ashamed wouldn't have happened." That last part was more to try and give her something close to real, something close to a chance of closure though there was far more to do.

If she decided to go at the image, she'd dispel it immediately. "He wasn't all bad, I believe his problem was he was too much and couldn't express himself. Bottle it up too long and it warps you." What did she left out, not to be cryptic, but she figured that Dru would understand.

"Feeling is not a weakness, emotions are not. They are a release, a fuel and a connection between one and another. Furthermore, there is no shame between you and me, there is very little you could do that would make me feel ashamed, showing emotions is not on that list. Lets talk about what haunts you; I can offer a different perspective. The world is not black and white." Maybe, she thought, if Dru would let a conversation along this path, she could do something to help. Otherwise, the honeymoon phase might have passed by quicker than a flame in the breeze.

Grendell looked a little surprised, and a lot disbelieving. She had been around Victor after Mo left, what she saw wasn't what he saw. "That is not how it was expressed to me. He seemed to love her, only her, he pushed Alty and I to fight, pushing us; however, he always expressed Dru was the princess, we were the soldiers." No animosity, she even forgave Victor for what he put her through. Her ability to fight became a sense of pride to her; perhaps she had been shaped without realizing it.

Cave in concerned her, but he was obviously fine, same with Dru. Her own experience was hidden, though her wing itched with the thought of the injury. Smiling a little, she asked, "So, will you be going with joint custody?" Honestly, she didn't know what to expect from his response. Being that she spent more time with him then her own mother, there was no telling if they would even be friends much less what they might have once been. Glancing to where Dru had vanished, she also wondered how much her mother was mucking things up. Would her sister be able to see the world as Morena did, or get caught in the spiral as she had.

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:48 pm
Drucilla folded her arms in front of her and shifted her weight over to one foot while she listened to Morena talk. She had internal dialogue going, about how no one ever understands her, because apparently everyone else is stupid, so wasn't fully paying attention to what was being said to her. Untill ...

The image of Victor appearing in front of her startled her, and her blood boilded briefly when she seen him. She was more aware now, that she was edgy and emotional, so she just clenched her fist tight and glared at the image, before looking to Morena. "Why do I need resolution? I'm allowed hate. You wouldn't want someone telling you that you weren't allowed to hate someone that hurt someone you loved."

Hefting a sigh, because her mother was obviously just not getting her, she shifted her weight to the other foot, looking past the illusion, keeping eye contact with her mother. "I am not ashamed of anything Victor did. I simply do not like who he is, and if I could somehow erase his genes out of me, I would. What shames me, is letting those that I have respect for, see me acting like a blubbering child." She tried to hold her composure and speak so she could be understood. She wanted to be seen as an equal, an adult - or rather, a teenager deserving of respect like an adult. Afterall, that is what she works so hard for. Besides, crying is something babies did.

Her mother was right on at least thing though, she was haunted by Victor. Well not the real Victor, but the evil monster her and her father had made him into in all the years of solitude and estrangement. He'd become the sole target of all their pent up anguish. Reaching out to touch the illusion, she was somewhat surprised when her hand went right through it, so she ended up smacking at it in slight frustration with seeing Victor's face again after all these years.

Mo seen Grendell's face and knew what she was not believing him. "Well, I know he loved her. I didn't say otherwise. He wanted her to be just like him; a cold-blooded killer. He wanted a 'Daddy's Girl' and why he chose Drucilla is beyond me. Probably because she was the one I took with me and he wanted to find ways to get closer to me." Mo shrugged, having believed he was the sole reason Victor did anything really with Drucilla. The man seemed obsessed at times.

Really though, Victor chose Drucilla because even at a young age, she displayed the one-trait he admired most: the ability to kill innocent creatures without remorse.

"Joint ... custody?" He knew what that meant, but he didn't know why it was relevant or why she was asking about it. "I'm not sure what you mean by that. Aren't you old enough to simply go where ever you want? Whenever you want to?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:15 pm
Morena couldn't understand her daughter's thinking. The only explanation she could come with would be emotions. Her idea of emotion and what Drucillia dealt with might be two different things entirely. No look crossed her face but she was confused by it. The only course of action was to admit she didn't know what to say to Dru. "Hate, Dru, especially enough to affect you, is nothing more than giving that person the power over you. Proof is how you reacted when Mo spoke, you hated so much it seemed like he was able to hurt you with just his name. Victor and your feelings for him appear to be your weakness."

As the image dispelled, a direct reaction to Dru's actions, Morena finished what she was going to say, "Alright, you've made up your own mind about it, I'll respect that. Are you willing to go back or would you like for me to leave you here a bit longer?" Since she couldn't get her point a crossed, there was no point in continuing. Later, she'd have to ask Mo how he comforted her in the past to gain some insight into how to handle her now.

Grendell briefly wondered if Victor would have loved her if Mo had taken her instead. Too late, she was making her own way in the world now, and Victor was far removed from it. Still, she wondered what Mo thought she was, did he believe she wasn't a 'cold-blooded' killer? Or that she shied away from the idea of killing?

A fighter, she had trained to go against anything without backing down, without fear of it. What would her daddy say if he knew she'd have gone after anyone, including Letha if Victor had ordered her too? She'd never gone after Morena, not without taking her staff first, but she hated Letha and didn't exactly love her mother.

Her question had pointed to what would become of the fragment of the twisted 'family' they had been. Two distant strangers and the sisters to reconnect? Sighing a little she responded to her daddy's question, "Your right, forget I asked." It wasn't what he thought she was asking, it wasn't supervision she was looking for, it was her place in his life and its direction now that they found each other again. Rather than try and make him understand, she simply dropped the subject.

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:11 am
Maybe it was her lack of female role models, or merely lack of her mother in her life, but Drucilla just couldn't understand Morena. She didn't want to argue, nor make the reunion turn sour. That wasn't what her goal was at all. She merely wanted a few minutes to clean her face and compose herself. She would have returned, and acted like nothing happened. No harm no foul. Though, she would later make Mo pay for insulting her. In the way she always did. Tiny spiteful things ... like giving him a hot drink when he requested a cold one. Silly things, but things that annoyed Mo nonetheless.

But anyway. She watched Morena, curious what she was thinking and wondering why she felt like she needed to 'fix' her suddenly. "Though it doesn't matter, what upset me was the insult. Would you have liked it if you were told that you were just like someone you despised? I don't sit around plotting ways I would hurt Victor. I don't write in some diary obsessing over my hatred. There's a lot of pae on this island I don't like. A few I would say I hated. But I don't let that hatred consume me to the point of vengeance or acting on it. My time is far too valuable for that." She didn't know why she kept defending herself, but she had this stubborn desire to be understood by someone in her life.

Sighing, she starts to head back to where Mo and Grendell sat. "I'm fine, I just needed to regain my composure." She cracked a small, forced smile and started heading towards the doorway. She was making mental notes for the future, to not display emotions around her mother now either.

Mo squirmed a little, uncomfortable and adjusting himself. He wondered if he said something wrong, and if she'd start doing those things Dru did when she was silently angry with him. He decided to just watch her, just in case. "Not the answer you wanted? I uhh ... wasn't sure why you asked that?" Teenage girls were definitely confusing creatures. Mo was not the most observant parent, or pae for that matter. And things that were obvious to him, he took for granted that others knew as well. "As soon as I find a new place to live, you are welcome by any time you want. I'm not ... in hiding anymore. If perhaps that was what you meant? I have no reason to hide ... I think."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:55 pm
Dru wasn't Grendell, they were close though. Gren thought she knew everything too. Morena knew better, she also knew the art of battle. That art revolved around knowing when to fight and when to retreat. "I understand, now. I can see you believe your points. I believe you can handle it well, certainly better then your sister." Not really, she didn't agree with her daughter's view of how she hated. It was reckless, to allow someone's name to anger you. How would she react if she was faced with the real Victor? It was chilling to think how the child would react. Soon they would be adults that might make the changes she needs. Maturity could look good on her.

"This time, I'll get the chance to see the person you've become." It was worrisome, but the rest of who Dru is, well she didn't know yet. At least she recognized that she didn't know her daughter.

That was what she wanted, nodding, she gave a smile, "Thats what I wanted, I didn't want to lose contact with my Daddy again." Hide, her guess was from Victor, whom didn't scare her very much anymore. "If father ever showed up again, I'd take care of him for you!" It was her strong belief she was now stronger then the man, because her motivation was different then his, she was actually stable. "Mom is a great back of defense too." She didn't like nor trust her mother very much, but knew she was a great asset and a worst enemy.  

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:42 pm
Drucilla wandered back towards where her dad and sister were chatting. She gave Mo a glare, to let him know she was angry with him, but she seen he looked a bit uncomfortable. Something she wasn't very familiar with, because very few things made her dad uncomfortable enough to squirm.

Mo smiled and put a hand on Grendell's shoulder, gently squeezing. "I appreciate that, hun." He wasn't afraid of Victor, nor did he fear being assaulted again. He just ... didn't want to be around the man. Bad feelings, bad memories, bad vibes. Not stuff Mo liked to surround himself with anymore.

"Grendell, you've grown quite strong, and confident," a fact that had not eluded him, "how's life been treating you, and your mom? Things have been good, right?" He was making small talk, trying to change the tone of atmosphere, but he was also genuinely interested in what's happened to his daughter in her absence.

Drucilla slipped in while Mo was talking, and took a seat in a chair across from the couch Mo and Grendell were on. She stayed silent, choosing to observe and gather information, instead of draw unnecessary attention to herself again.

(( Ru I am very sorry for not responding to this RP sooner. Life got a bit busy, then I got really sick. My apologies if I shifted things too much or became redundant. I am trying to get back on track with these characters. xd ))  
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff