Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
I remember a time when... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gaia got greedy for money.
  I agree.
  No way.
  I don't care.
View Results

LadyDamien

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:10 am
I thought the Overseer was awsome, but now, all I get is junk. What is the point if we are not going to get cool stuff like the "buy only" things like we used to.

What happened Gaia?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:44 am
LadyDamien
I thought the Overseer was awsome, but now, all I get is junk. What is the point if we are not going to get cool stuff like the "buy only" things like we used to.

What happened Gaia?

They complicated things. Now it isn't a community of fun, it's a way of making money.

Plus, over population increases the spammers and noobs out there who have nothing better to do than to write unintelligent posts rather than talk with others and learn things, JUST FOR EARNING GOLD.

I miss the old gaia.  

iwillnot

Nemsy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:17 am
I missed the old Gaia too.

Gaia is becoming more of a "hip" thing, than what it was once before. Where everyone communicated on a friendly level rather. Rather than now, that its just full of interest for gold.

Hm.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:17 pm
yea, gaia is starting to suck. im 22 and i was 17 when i started, i kinda wish there were more adultish things to doo and it not be all kid oriented  

Adrinix

iwillnot

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:15 pm
Gaia served a different audience with a different purpose before compared to now. Tho now it does revolve around gold, sadly.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:49 pm
They started to give all the gold to the people that play booty grab. -_-; Which really sucks for the people who have laggy computers.  

Yogurt Man

Swashbuckling Vampire

Aralik
Captain

Agile Rogue

7,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:10 pm
I finally got to play that last week. It was interesting.

I don't really care about the gold. I was active on message boards before I learned about gaia. The gold and items are just extra.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:25 am
Fearless Takeshima
lady---- nice signature by the way

Thanks, I tend to change my avi to look somewhat like that every now and then.

I agree, when I started Gaia, it was fun, and full of people to talk to, now it's all about spending real money to get items, or sell them for gold.

Hmm, Gaia gold = nothing, Real Money = Priceless.

XD

LadyDamien

jamiboy86

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:09 am
sux i kno  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:56 pm
I know I remeberthe only thing that costs was MC's which was $2.50. Nobody really talks any more. Post only for gold. It is really sad.  

Klockit

Beloved Friend

12,450 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

LadyDamien

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:09 pm
Azel Crux
I know I remeberthe only thing that costs was MC's which was $2.50. Nobody really talks any more. Post only for gold. It is really sad.

I have to agree. Gaia used to be fun, even the events, and now they are lame. Can't ever find anyone to fight and it's pretty boring to fight anyway. I wish they never came up with the cash shop.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:35 pm
Honestly, Gaia was terrible when it first started. That's why I quit it to begin with. It was impossible to get gold unless you spammed to high heaven, and the gold shop items were ridiculously expensive to the point where I couldn't deck my avi out in anything.

Then by the time I came back to check things out, things seemed to have improved. Starter items, MC's, lots of cool features, no more incessant spamming, and they got rid of the endless list of links to anime fansites.

Now it's turned into a corporation of sorts. Everything's about making money, and it's getting frustrating. Instead of whoring themselves out with every little idea that comes to mind, why not make some GOOD MC's for once or some decently priced EI's. But no, charging $10 for one item that's going to get hacked off your account and not restored to you anyway is a much better idea!  

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games