Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ Role-Play Information ]: ~ Basic RP Info & RP/Plot Requests
:[ POWERS ]: ~ Discuss Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do You Prefer....
  Choosing your own powers for your Pae'il?
  Having powers assigned for you?
  Doesn't really matter to me.
View Results

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:24 pm
Okay, since many people seem to be confused about Powers, I want to open this poll up.

Feel free to speak frankly about powers, and post any questions you may have as well. We don't want anyone feeling picked on or left out.

When we mention what needs changed with powers, its not personal guys. Its because they need to work for the RP and be fair to the game.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:39 pm
*very lame* Dia, what pae was it you said had powers very similar to Bneut?

Commenting back on one of the other comments you had on mine XD No, Sari probably won't ever master the lesser demons. She might be able to control one or two depending on how 'nice' they were.

Thanks on Christian's power >w<; I thought it was fitting since they have leaves on their horns owo

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

Guardian_Iris
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:31 am
Drucilla. xd I was working out the details still so I hadn't posted it.

But I found a way to keep her story without treading on your poison plants. smile She's posted up if you'd like to take a peek.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:54 am
On Zoe's power it was what Iris had given me. I don't know why I had gotten 'moving fresh water" as well. Does that mean you would like me to take it off?

Hula Bob added the water thing. I guess I just thought it an obvious and didn't think to put it! wink  

immortalmina

HelMel
Crew

Questionable Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:52 am
Can we rename Vanya?

>.> She's totally Professor Chaos! 8D

*bricked*  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:07 pm
immortalmina
On Zoe's power it was what Iris had given me. I don't know why I had gotten 'moving fresh water" as well. Does that mean you would like me to take it off?

Hula Bob added the water thing. I guess I just thought it an obvious and didn't think to put it! wink

No, you can leave it. We just have 2 other pae that can 'control' water, so I was a bit leery. However, thinking on it, if she controls mist, she'd need minor water control. As long as its only droplets or about the amount you can carry in your hand, I think its fine. heart  

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

immortalmina

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:19 pm
Alright, thanks. I didn't really do anything much with it anyway! So, that should be fine! biggrin

edit: Added marble for Luau LuLu's weakness and back up for approval. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:37 pm
Antidia
spooky, are you trying to keep him as close to the original character Vash, or do you play him as a pae, that is just similar? If the latter, would you mind if we tweaked his power to fit the RP/Theme of Telrunya?

Well, I wasn't sure. I remember a long time ago we talked about cosplays getting their real powers from whatever they are from. So, I wasn't sure what to put. What about dodging bullets and perfect aim? Instead of the angel arm as it's kinda pointless to have a power that he would never ever use. lol Otherwise help me with ideas. biggrin I'm open for ideas. biggrin  

spookyx7

1,650 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Brandisher 100

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:14 pm
I edited the post to say it was paragon instead of stormspike. We weren't really sure what it was *was discussing the power with Mina* XD

The idea amused me greatly as well >w<

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:25 pm
Hehe, yeah, that was a thought I had too, Spooky.

Here's an idea that Poisey offered: Bullet sixth sense: Vash has an innate ability to sense where bullets will land, by seeing and hearing people's movements and the way guns sound. This gives him a heads up to which direction a bullet will go and there fore able to dodge bullets. This ability also ties into his own gun, knowing how it fires, how the bullets move and such allows him to make the perfect shot.

which is what you suggested, but explains how he's able to do it. What do you think?  

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

spookyx7

1,650 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:56 am
Yeah, that sounds good. What about weaknesses? That's always hard for me. lol

For Brighten I wasn't sure if that added bit would be another power. To light his antennae and to have it make them come to him. If I did it based on the rl fish it sends out a calming feeling to attract fish. If I can do both I will, but I didn't want it to be too much.

Also, can a post a couple of ideas of powers I had to see how they sound before I post them in the official thread? That way if people have ideas and what not they can help? xp  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:14 am
Wow, I am a huge flake. X_x sorry Spooky. *needs to check these threads more often*

a possible weakness could be that it only works on bullets? He wouldn't be able to dodge rocks or arrows or something. However, keep his agility as part of his ability. I am thinking you don't need a counter to that aspect.

and if that's what you'd like for Brighten, that his light to draw pae in, that's perfectly fine. And the major weakness for that could simply be the other pae responding to it?

And that's fine, Spooky. Post anything you like. biggrin  

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:32 pm
I am making a note here that I limited down Kurt's powers to just one species, domestic canine. I also made changes to Morena's power to try and flesh out the weakness of the power  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:58 pm
That sounds good to me. Should I re-post Vash's form or just edit?

Ok, so here was an idea I had for Aquamarine and her son Rune.

Aquamarine: "Shell Phone" She used shells to communicate to others. The weakness being she can only use shells she's touched and the other pae has to have one for her to talk to them.

Rune: "Rune Communication" (have a better name let me know! LOL) He uses runes to make small circles that show him another pae that he can talk to. Weakness: he has to know the right combo to talk to the right pae.  

spookyx7

1,650 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Brandisher 100

immortalmina

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:28 pm
Here is my idea for Seaweed Sue: Pae'il Compass. She can always find due north and more she can always find her way wherever she is going. Downside is if there is a strong magnet or magnet type rocks around she will get lost and walk in circles like a real compass.

It's that too much like a map like with Anna-Maria?

edit: decided to just post it  
:[ Role-Play Information ]: ~ Basic RP Info & RP/Plot Requests

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces