Submit

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:16 pm
"So...?" repeats Theron, raising an eyebrow. "I'm listening, go on." The sauce is almost done, and the noodles are about ready to drain. He fishes for the colander and sets it up in the sink.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:10 pm
She sighed, setting down the empty batter bowl. She didn't want to ruin the atmosphere, but she had to talk to someone about it or else she would start crying again.

"They asked me to start teaching again." she said, bending over to place the two small round cakepans in the oven. She didn't elaborate because she knew that he would understand what she meant.

Dancing...

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:10 pm
Theron stops what he's doing. "They've asked you to..." he echoes, dumbfounded. "So soon?" He sighs and shakes his head, finally pouring the boiling spaghetti into the colander and shaking the water out. "By the Old Ones, 'Lani, that's positively awful."

After a beat, he pours the pasta back in the pot and dumps the bubbling sauce over it. "You know..." he begins. "I know almost as much about the hula as you do. Perhaps I could do the lessons until you've had some time...." he trails off for a moment, choosing his words carefully. "Some time to rest," he finishes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:45 pm
Leilani had bent over to check the cakes. She rolled her eyes a bit, the suprise in his voice predictable. Of course the ol' bittys wouldn't have asked him first. HE would have turned them down for her.

She appreciated his offer. She really did. At least someone was thinking of her feelings. It was the last part of that statement that insulted her. Standing upright, she slammed the oven door shut, not thinking of the cakes inside it.

"Damn it Theron, I'm not sick. I don't need rest!" she snapped at him suddenly, her hands coming to rest on her hips. "I could do it if I f*cking wanted to!" she shouted at him, using swear words she had never spoken before.

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:20 pm
Theron jumps slightly, startled by her sudden outburst. Her tone had gone from tired and sad to passionately angry in a matter of seconds. "You know I didn't mean it like that," he says softly, earnestly. He takes her by the thick part of her arms and squeezes gently, trying to comfort her.

"Here, supper's ready," he says. "We won't talk about dancing anymore, alright?" He gets out plates and utensils and begins to set the table.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:59 pm
Giving the faune dhunter a glare, she grabbed a set of plates from his hands. "Yeah. No more dancing." she said, her mood sullen and pissy now.

Returning to the the fridge, she grabbed up a small jug of milk and set it down roughly. "It's just... I can do it Theron. I just don't want to anymore." she huffed. "Except when I tell people that, they treat me like I'm broken. I'm not broken..." she finished, straightening the silverware he set down.

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:43 am
"Then ignore them. Show them you aren't broken," says Theron patiently as he pulls out Leilani's chair for her.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:30 pm
Leilani eyed the open chair for a split second before returning to the stove and grabbing the still simmering pasta and sauce. She didn't want to sit just yet. She was agitated and mad, for reasons she couldn't even explain to herself.

"How am I sposed to do that, Theron? I can't dance anymore. It's too painful." she said, scooping out pasta onto the both plates.

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:36 pm
"How you make your future is your choice, 'Lani, not mine. You don't want me to live your life for you--I know that much of you." He sits down. "Now, enough of this. Let's try and just have a nice dinner together, mm?"  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:51 pm
Leilani gave a frustrated huff and poked her food savagely with her fork. "Fine! Whatever you say, Theron." she snapped, raising a bite of noodle to her mouth right as the wind her small hut and slammed her front door open.

Gasping, she dropped her fork and jumped up. "What was that?!?" she shouted over the thunderous noise coming from outside the small hut. The sudden turn in weather was unnerving to say the least.

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:42 pm
"Cripes," says Theron, jumping from his seat to go shut the front door. He locks it and then goes to the window. "What a beastly turn in weather," he remarks. "Just earlier today the sun was shining and there was no more than a soft ocean breeze." He clucks his tongue and turns from the window, going back to his seat. He begins to eat now, neatly turning the noodles around his fork.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:43 am
Leilani didn't return her seat though. Instead, she crossed the room and looked warily to the front windows and peekd outside.

"Aren't you worried?!" she snapped, more anxious than then really angry. Wrapping her hands around herself, she shivered a bit, the sudden black sky freaking her out.

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:19 pm
Theron blinks softly. "No...not particularly. It's just rain, 'Lani. Come back away from the window and finish your supper. Pasta's no good when it's cold." He smiles, hoping his warm tone could penetrate to her heart and ease her shivers.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:24 am
Leilani stared at Theron like he'd lost his mind. "Just rain? The wind is howling hard enough that the trees are sweeping the beach! How is that 'just rain'?" she asked, putting quotation marks around the his words with her fingers.

"I lived on a ship for years Theron. This isn't normal." she said, turning back to stare cautiously out at the rain pounded beach. "I'm scared" she whispered softly.

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:08 pm
"Don't be afraid," says Theron, rising and going to stand behind her at the window. "I'll keep you safe from the storm. Promise." He squeezes her shoulders and quells the urge to kiss the top of her head just in time.

"Normal or not, nobody can change the weather. We'll just have to hunker down in our huts and wait it out. Trust me. Come back to the table, Lani. Eat. You'll feel better. Then we'll make ourselves a nice, cozy fire, and forget about the storm, eh?" He begins to pull her back toward the table.

Sigh. He loves her so much. Always had. He keeps telling himself that somewhere in her heart, she loved him just as much. He just had to coax that up into her head. Without driving her away from him altogether. Sigh.

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff