Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
Starting school... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Every Topic Needs A Poll
  Yup, Good Luck Freshy
View Results

[Shiro Petto]

3,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:03 pm
Tomorrow I start High School. I'm nervous and stressed out.
Any tips on surviving there? xp  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:12 pm
Lol, I just got out of high school wink

I never really had a big problem starting out. Find a group of friends to hang out with and make some new friends. Get on peoples good side so you aren't looked down on or judged by other groups (if you care about that sorta thing). Me, I never cared what people thought of me but I made sure I didn't have any enemies. I had friends from the skater group, the goth group, the preps (kinda), the pot heads, nerds, band kids, and all that. So, the only group I didn't get along with was mostly rednecks (I live in kentucky, theres a lot of those).

So... don't get on peoples bad side, make new friends and don't do drugs....... maybe 3nodding

[by the way, can you add me as a friend so I can message you? trying to contact you about our guild, thanks]  

Andru Noyola

Dapper Genius

dem0nicd0rk

Fallen Phantom

9,490 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:50 am
just make some good friends,and work hard^^  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:24 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I never had trouble making friends when I was in secondary school. The key to it is to just be yourself and don't set out trying to impress others intentionally. Just live your life and enjoy it. It helps, too, if you have a very open personality. I tend to talk alot---I'm an extrovert and that makes it easy to make friends. 3nodding I had friends from all the cliques but I wasn't one of the popular kids. I was well-known but not popular like your cheerleaders and jocks.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

Xiyiri

Friendly Friend

6,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:22 pm
Well, you shouldn't worry about high school... you will find more people who are just like you (in my elementary schoool, I was known as the school weirdo with nobody as my friends... well, except for the kindergardeners... they enjoyed my jokes and funny stories) as soon as I graduated in grade 8 and entered into grade 9, I made friends more easily and now I am going into my last year of high school with a boyfriend and I am on students council now too ^ ^ (something I tried out for in grade 8, and nobody voted for me at all)

So I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure you will do just fine.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:55 pm
I'm sorry to hear that.  

Yogurt Man

Swashbuckling Vampire

[Comic.Explosion]
Vice Captain

Gracious Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:12 am

FRESHMAN FRIDAYYY!!

Nah, I kidd ya. You'll be fine, just keep in mind that teachers are not gonna cut you slack like they did in middle school. :p

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:18 am
*Shudder*

I barely survived highschool.....

no tips

I was a loner.....  

Aralik
Captain

Agile Rogue

7,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Adrinix

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:55 am
my tip is enjoy it while it lasts shiro, even though it was allot of work, its really more fun than you think it is. make friends and enjoy yourself  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:27 am
*gives you a penny*
You might need this Freshy.

rofl

Tip number one: DO your damn homework!
Tip number two: DON'T WORRY too damn much!
Tip number three: LEARN to open your locker!
Tip number four: I heart you.

whee

Seriously though, make good friends, don't do drugs because I will kill you. You can't ditch school so that's cool. Live and don't hold back. ^^ also join the orchestra Ms. Cheerleader.

xDDD

Nemsy

Aralik
Captain

Agile Rogue

7,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:06 pm
Orchestra xd

Ok so who's the Orch. dork? xd

I guess its still me.....  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:22 pm
My first week just finished! Thanks for the tips and advice.

I've got my locker and finally opened it after 6 tries.
Lunch is blah!
I've made 3 friends, Katie, Eve, and Javier
We got A-Days and B-Days.
My elective is Dance grrrrr!!!!!! My first was with Art but it was full so they put me in dance which was my second choice.
I'm a cheerleader, cheerleading meeting is Monday and Tuesday.
I've got advisory everyday when there's school.
Everything is going good now BUT I hate the algebra teacher. I'm so freaking out every A-Day!!!!!!!!!!! >.But my english teacher is so awesome and tech is awesome too!!!!!!
Funny I thought Mr. Pagan (tech teacher) was gay... Lol
But everything is going well so far. What else? Oh and we got our new schedules today for the rest of the year and it'll be more longer than ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grrrr!!!!  

[Shiro Petto]

3,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Junior Trader 100

Aralik
Captain

Agile Rogue

7,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:21 pm
You survived!

A and B days aren't so bad...once you get used to them.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:08 pm
I'm used to it now but I just don't want to be in Algebra because the teacher wants this and that! Grrrrr!!!!!!!!!
He told us to put a white paper in our binder, so I put it IN FRONT of the binder and he pointed at me saying "Watch Out" I don't know what he meant, till I looked at everyone else and it was in the algebra section!! Ugh!!
But ya, our new classes will be longer and my academic lab will be IN HIS CLASS!!!!!!!!!!! User Image

I just hope everything will pass fast. User Image

:EDIT: My gym start the 14th and it will be after school till 5. NOW I GET OUT TILL 5PM starting the upcoming Sept. 14th  

[Shiro Petto]

3,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Junior Trader 100

XxNonaxX

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:21 pm
High School really isnt bad and from the looks of it, it looks like you will be absolutely fine. I just graduated and guess what? I'M A FRESHMAN AGAIN xp But you will either love or hate high school. At least that's how most of my friends view it. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Its fun. Good Luck  
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games