Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Artist Alley | Cosplay Commisioners | Buying Cosplays
Reputable Sites Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

salsaplant

GO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:21 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Whether you don't have the skill, time, or materials to make a cosplay/cosplay prop, you know that somewhere online you'll find what you need. But how do you know which site is the cheapest, best made, or not a scam? This thread is for people to post up good sites that they use/have used to buy cosplay costumes, accessories, wigs, or props from. This thread is also for people to request help finding a specific item they wish to purchase online and for the rest of us to give sites that we know of that will help fulfill their request.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:49 am
Obviously the first place you would want to check for various cosplay items, either help making your own or commisioning one to be made for you would be cosplay.com. They have their own wig store, CosWorx, and a huge forum for setting up photoshoots, discussing conventions, and even a section dedicated for guides and tutorials on making props for your costume. I have checked and used several of their guides on prop making and found them to be mostly helpful, though a few are useless.

Also, though the cosplays vary in quality from seller to seller, eBay has proven to be a reliable source for people who lack the aptitude to sew or just need a costume quickly, though their selection is based solely on the most popular anime and even then only the most popular characters. However when it comes to props aside from apparel (such as gloves and necklaces), eBay's reliability falls dramatically.  

Obscuranoxious

AirborneInfection

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:32 pm

I found that if you're looking for some neat little accesories or just japanese paraphernalia in general, J-List hits it right on the spot. They sell everything from uniforms to traditional kimonos. Plus, they're not overpriced. I've found some cute japanese uniforms on there, and they have some pretty sweet other stuff. I'd check it out fo' sho'.

Amphigory is more than excellent for wigs. their selection is huge and comes in many different colors. I've often found things on there that I couldn't find available on cosworx. They also have accessories and cosmetics available for sale. They're incredibly reliable, and deliver FAST if it's not during busy times. I ordered a wig a week before a con, and still got it in time.

I haven't really bought anything from anywhere else yet, but here are a few sites I've browsed and they seem reasonable/reliable. PLEASE correct me if I am wrong. I DON'T WANT ANYONE CON-ED BECAUSE I MADE A MISTAKE.

Moon costumes::. I've seen them advertise EVERYWHERE. I haven't bought from them, but they seem reasonable and they have some of the more popular anime available for custom/pre-made orders.

Carrot Anime::. Again, haven't bought from here but they have some obscure ones on there.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:40 am
AirborneInfection
Moon costumes::. I've seen them advertise EVERYWHERE. I haven't bought from them, but they seem reasonable and they have some of the more popular anime available for custom/pre-made orders.

I've bought from MoonCostumes and they're good~  

salsaplant

GO

iheartevil

5,150 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:15 pm
AirborneInfection

Amphigory is more than excellent for wigs. their selection is huge and comes in many different colors. I've often found things on there that I couldn't find available on cosworx. They also have accessories and cosmetics available for sale. They're incredibly reliable, and deliver FAST if it's not during busy times. I ordered a wig a week before a con, and still got it in time.

While you will always eventually get what you order from Amphigory, I would be VERY careful about ordering from them if your on a time crunch as sometimes it can take a rather long time for their items to ship. This is usually only an issue if its a wig that they don't currently have in stock, the problem being that as far as I know there isn't really any way to tell which wigs are in stock.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:02 pm
Cosplaylab.com is very useful; many users will sell retired costumes or do custom work.

In addition, the Pro-shop sells wonderful contact lenses. They have everything from plain colors to effects such as Sharigan eyes and "Sailor Moon" shines. The prices range, and they can get pretty expensive, but one set will last all year, so it's worth it.  

Wielder of Mighty Pencil!

salsaplant

GO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:51 am
Two other sites that are good to use are milanoo.com-- they sell wholesale so it's cheapcheapcheap! but still reliable workmanship-- and cosplay.com 's marketplace-- you buy from other cosplayers at cheap prices and it's a really good way to save a buck or two :3  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:35 am
I know some people are wary of buying things on ebay, but I'd like to vouch for a wig seller, Cosplaywig.

http://stores.ebay.com/cosplaywig

I've bought three wigs from them, and they are by far the best quality out of any I've purchased (I have several from amphigory and cosworx as well). It takes quite a while to ship, but the wigs are absolutely stunning. They have a huge selection, including quite a few specially-styled wigs for specific characters. I'd definitely recommend!

LadyArya

7,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Veretix

8,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:56 am
I highly recommend Cosplaymagic.com. I've bought my costume from them and it is incredibly good material. They also do commissions.
PERKS:Wigs become less expensive when bought with a costume. Free shipping to Australia, Europe, Japan, and North America. Arrives in about a week (plus or minus some time). Look at the site for extra info.
WARNINGS: It is EXPENSIVE!! these are high quality costumes and most of the outfits are complete (they include everything- or close to everything- for the character). Also be careful about getting your wigs from them. I got a wig from them and then a couple days later they came out with a better version.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:12 pm
HIGHLY recommend Cosplayfu.com.
Great service, awesome quality, and really low prices for the amazing work they do. I had sizing issues, and they emailed almost instantly about everything I had stipulations with. They were also very nice and when it got here it also had two coupons for my next purchases, which will definitely be from them.
Also, free shipping~! 8D  

Sith Faced

Spacey Nymph

Veretix

8,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:56 am
Dementia DarkMoon
HIGHLY recommend Cosplayfu.com.
Great service, awesome quality, and really low prices for the amazing work they do. I had sizing issues, and they emailed almost instantly about everything I had stipulations with. They were also very nice and when it got here it also had two coupons for my next purchases, which will definitely be from them.
Also, free shipping~! 8D

thanks for your opinion! i'm going to buy a costume from them, and i wanted to here another person's opinion on what they are like.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:08 pm
Okay i don't have any recommendations just yet but i need some help.
I'm cosplaying Lulu from FFX, now i have the clothes but i need the contacts, i've looked for red but i'm not sure which kind of red to get.
I also need her necklaces and earring, and i'd love to have a wig for it so i can cut my hair.... can anyone help me?  

Blood_drenched_okami

Questionable Sex Symbol

PandaTeddy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:46 pm
I've purchased from Cosplay Magic before and I was very pleased with what I got. The quality of the costume was fantastic and I had no problem with the shipping. Cosplay Magic costumes are usually very pricey, but their cosplays tend to be more accurate than many other cosplay sites I've been to and many of their costumes come with accessories if the character has them, such as capes and gloves.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:38 pm
As stated twice above, Cosplay Magic is a great site. They've organized their selection in a number of ways, and do have some harder to find outfits. My only complaint with them is pricing of some of their cosplays (i.e. over $300 for anything). I love it and turn to it first always regardless though. 3nodding  

Glacirus

5,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Artist Alley | Cosplay Commisioners | Buying Cosplays

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items