Reply Serious Conversations
Accidents happen, apperantly.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Virgie Saturn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:37 pm

Well, today was a momentous occasion. I got in my very first car accident! I waited so long to drive because I was afraid I'd pull a stupid move and screw up myself or someone else... and today it finally happened. Im pretty sure the other party was speeding, but at the same time I know Im the one at fault. Got a few bruises and scrapes, but my car suffered the fatal blow.

Im worried about the other guy more, he was bleeding from the head. He was fairly coherent, but they hauled him away in an ambulance just in case. Now Im agonizing over what can happen next. I already dealt with the insurance people, but the ticket and possibility of having to go to court has me a bit on edge..

What kind of accidents has everyone here been in? Anything more serious? How did you handle the aftermath?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:54 pm
I'm so sorry to hear that hon. I've been in two accidents myself within the last year, and both times the other party was at fault. But I understand how you feel about the court issue and dealing with the insurance companies. Eventhough the fault wasn't mine, I'm still dealing with the other parties insurance as far as compensation for my med bills, being out of school/work and car repairs.

Mentally accidents ware in people differently. My mom had her accident a few months before I did and she was worse off than I was emotionally and mentally. We were both banged up rather lightly, but it was more psycological than physical. I know ther eare time that I get behind the wheel and just go completely blank. I don't drive as often as I used to because I'm still shook from my experiences.

No one completely gets over their accidents, but it is all in the way you handle your feelings and fears.

Again, I do apologize for your recent experience and empathize with you. I also apologize that I have no helpful info as far as dealing with court issues. I do pray that your mind settles and that evrything comes to a head with little to no punitive damage on your part.

If you ever need to talk I'm here. Just pm me. Take care  

Icy Reign

Unsealed Exhibitionist

Auntie in the Attic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:37 pm
First of all I am glad you guys were not badly injured. I am sorry for the hurts you do feel and the stress you are under.

I waited until I was 27 to get my license because I was so afraid I'd cause an accident. I'm 48 now. So far no accidents in my car, thank you Lord!

I do have an accident to speak of though. My husband was electrocuted by 14000 volts of electricity several years ago. He was severely injured and very lucky to live through it. He lost his right arm and most of the use of his left . One day he went to work and didn't come home for seven weeks. When he did come home he was a different man.

Accidents do happen and lots of times to those who don't deserve it.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:24 pm
I was in a car accident and don't even know how it happened, I was driving home from work back in 07 and the next thing I knew I was spinning. I was in a daze, my heart was in my throat, and sat in my totaled car. When I regain my senses I felt like my whole body was on fire. I was screaming in pain and couldn't move my arm.

They took me to the hospital with broken arm and plenty of bruise and cuts.
I spent a few days in the hospital and many weeks at home recovering.

Now I try not to think about it too much, but talking about it helps.  

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100

TequilaRose

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:56 pm
Sorry to hear that but if you keep being afraid to drive you will make more mistakes and you will literally never get anywhere in life. Just be careful.

I've been in 5 accidents and none of them were my fault. You gotta be aware of everything around you but even then you have to worry about everyone else on the road as well.

My mom flipped the car on the freeway when I was 6.
I got rear-ended 2 times
I've been run off the road by a guy texting his girlfriend (ran into a ditch)
And the worst was I was hit by a drunk driver and flipped into a ditch and almost bled to death because I wasn't found for 2 hours. My cell phone flew out the car and I was stuck upside down in a ditch next to some trees. Lucky I didn't hit the trees.

So please pay attention... don't talk or text on your phone and don't drive after drinking.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:11 pm
I remember getting into an accident back when i was 19... Early morning, I was half awake on my way to work, nothing different... but it was raining... as i passed through a green light, some older woman made a right into my lane from an intersecting street... I realized too late and my car didn't slow down enough to stop completely...

I remember the dust from the airbag... and it was a terrible smell... I'm a fairly safe driver, but after that accident I find myself a bit overly safe... i always subconciously slow down on intersections now and rarely do i move to the left lanes...

I have to say it was more emotionally and mentally shocked from the whole experience...

Accidents will happen, just don't let it slow you down and you'll be fine ^^ talk to someone, it helps you deal with the situation a lot better than keeping the thoughts and fears to yourself.  

Azure Revel

Serious Conversations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff