Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Games and Hobbies
Sims 2 vs Sims 3? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which is more fun (if you've played both)
Sims 2
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
Sims 3
57%
 57%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 19

CelticCatGoddess

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:22 am
I have the sims 2 and I love it. Could anyone tell me in which ways is Sims 3 better?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:42 pm
I have no idea. xD I never really liked the Sims games personally.  

44hrygydi

8,250 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gaian 50

CelticCatGoddess

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:52 pm
Ok, thanks for the bump!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:11 pm
I prefer being able to control what my character does. They make a whole new sims game jsut so your cahracter can move on its own... it's crazy. My mom plays it all the time.  

kikioblack
Vice Captain

Dapper Shapeshifter

25,225 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Le Scratch
Vice Captain

Icy Humorist

31,825 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:21 am
I haven't played any but the First one... so I wouldn't know. >>;  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:35 pm
Well, Sims 3 gives you more opportunity to customize your sim in almost every aspect of its personality. So you can choose traits for your sim, like, they are cowardly, they are flirty, they dont like children etc etc. Some of the traits are pretty funny, like the evil trait, and randomly in the game when they walk they will cackle and make evil faces. Also, you can go to community places without having to load the lot individually, instead it loads the entire town at once and you can move between community lots and neighbours houses very easily (that is if you have a good computer e__e)  

Aristocratic Astronaut

KonoSetsuna

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:32 am
The Sims 2 has more objects and items for your sims. The best thing about the Sims 3 is an open world and less waiting time.

I personally think Maxis screwed alot of people for their money because in order to get more items, you have to purchase expansion packs and/or buy items online. However... the game content is good and the use of styles kinda overrides my frustration. I just wish they had hot tubs.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:02 pm
Sims 2 has more stuff at the moment but sims 3 will get more stuff because it is now EA's money maker for the sims series now so new expansions and item packs will be out I like the graphics but I could never fully get into the sims lol to much work i think. it matters if your computer can handle sims 3 if it can't then sims 2 will probably do you good lol  

Saleni

FauxZombie

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:14 pm
This is an old post but hey -- still gonna post in it anyways

I have played Sims 1,2, and 3. Currently I favor 3 most just because of the fact it gives you a bit more control when it comes to building.
One of the tools I love for the building that they give is the basement tool -- you don't have to do the whole: make a deck, then push the land down to however low it'll be for a wall, then try to work with it that way. With the basement tool (if you just want a simple basement) it's an easy drag and you're set to go.
It's also nice that for driveways they don't have to be connected to the road in order to put a car onto it or place it in general.

However, I do dislike the fact that there isn't many options in it as you could get with Sims 2. However, there are some freebie stuff in which you can get.

Also, you can put furniture on an angle. I can't go back to Sims 2 without getting frustrated at no-angled furniture lol. And everything in it is customizable for colors/patterns - so you can make something about your character's clothing or furniture or carpet/wallpaper unique that way.

I only have Sims 3 -- no expansion packs. Maybe in the future I will -- when they get cheaper.  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:36 pm
Well, I was always a player who used many downloads 'cause I like it when the Sims look as realistic as possible.
I favor Sims 3, though because it's easier to get to a community lot without getting annoyed by the loading time.

The only thing which is getting on my nerves is the price.
I don't really like to pay that much for expansion packs. razz  

Reik8

Everlasting Radiance

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:13 pm
It's a mixed bag. I say have both, The Sims 3 is more of a step to the side than a step forward. It has allowed me to still play both. Unlike The Sims 1 where I really can't play it too seriously after The Sims 2 came out.  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:46 am
I miss the cinematics from The Sims 2 when your sim experienced his/her first kiss, pregnancy and the like since they're absent in the latter game.

But I favor the Sims 3 since it's more realistic, just the way I like it.

But what the heck, I'll just play Sims Medieval... XD...

Reyne Galveus

Loyal Phantom

12,250 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Married 100
  • Bookworm 100

Meeatu

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:05 am
Also; nobody has mentioned the change in art-style.
The models of Sims 3 irk me.
I much prefer Sims 2.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:50 pm
The Sims 2 > 3

Realistic custom made content, which is also easier to use to modify your game(when playing on PC).

Though the loading times suck, I still much prefer 2 over 3 any day.

Asexual Anomaly

Generous Millionaire

7,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Riku mason

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:21 am
CelticCatGoddess
I have the sims 2 and I love it. Could anyone tell me in which ways is Sims 3 better?

I like both, but there are certain things you can do in the one that you cant do in the other which is a shame.  
Games and Hobbies

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff