[PRP] That's Entertainment! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

immortalmina

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:24 am
User Image

Jazz sat near the HQ as the sun began to set. The storm clouds that were in the sky started to become bright red, orange, pink and purple. It was truly a beautfiul sight to see.

The elder sighed as she put her chin in her hand. She was bored. Sure, it was pretty, but when you are bored it didn't really matter that much. The Elder of Entertainment wanted some...well entertainment. Or to provide it for someone else.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:37 am
User Image

Theron had needed to...escape for a little. He's normally a very patient man, but that Leilani could try the patience of an absolute saint! And so he'd decided to take a walk, and now he makes his way toward HQ, his hooves making a decided clop-clopping sound on the path as he does.  

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

immortalmina

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:32 pm
Jazz looked up when she heard the hooves coming towards her. She had known about the Island fall and been there for the Luau, but some how she had missed Fauns. So, there coming toward her was something she had not seen before. Her eyes stared not sure to wave or what.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:21 am
[Sorry for failing so hard and not responding. D:]

Theron catches a glimpse of the purple-clad elder as he walks. He tries not to gawk, as he'd never seen an elder himself, and manages to successfully curb his view. The other woman, however, makes no effort not to outwardly stare at him.

"Never seen a faun before?" he inquires mildly.

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

immortalmina

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:01 pm
((That's okay.))

Jazz blushed and nodded. "I guess not. So you are a faun, huh?" Jazz knew things had been changing but she didn't really understand how much. "I"m Jazz the elder of entertainment." She held out her hand to shake his.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:30 pm
"Theron," he responds, shaking her hand. His hands are warm and dry. "And yes, I'm a faun. What, if I may ask, sort of responsibilities does the elder of entertainment hold?" He stands with his hooves shoulder-width apart, and the palm-frond horns atop his head sway a little, as if doing a little hula of their own.  

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

immortalmina

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:02 am
"Nice to meet you." Jazz shook his hand and noted how his hands felt. She then looked at him as he asked his next question. "Well, that's a good question." Really she thought she was in charge of parties and things, but she wasn't truly sure. "I'd say it's bringing entertainment and enjoyment to the isle. You see I sing.'  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:31 am
"I see. Is that all? I don't mean to be rude, you see, but I'm only wondering if becoming an Elder of Entertainment requires something special. I dance, as does a...friend of mine." One of Theron's daily goals is to inspire people to think more carefully about their present situation.

[Sorry for failing so hard, again.]  

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

immortalmina

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:52 am
Wait was this guy asking if he too could be an elder of entertainment? "Ah, well there is only one Elder of Entertainment and I'm it. There is never an elder of the same thing at a time. If there is they have a similar, but different title." She had caught herself as there was at one time an Elder of Fire and a Warrior of Fire. Still, she did feel like he was stepping on her toes. "I worked very hard to become an elder." She said as she crossed her arms. Her life was a string of bad things and getting the quest that made her an elder was one of the good things that came from it.

"You dance? That's nice." Jazz nodded trying to say something nice now that she felt bad about going off on the guy. "Singing is more my thing so I haven't' really danced." Of course her ex was a big reason why she didn't dance as she only had danced with him. Although at the ball she had tried dancing with someone else. She wondered what had happened to him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:42 am
"Easy, don't lose your head. I'm not after your position. I'm merely curious. You see, I've always heard of the Elders, but never actually met one. How did you get to become an Elder? How were you chosen?"

Surely not on the basis of patience or understanding, thinks Theron. How quickly she'd jumped on him! Like a shark, this one. Good heavens, a little friendly prodding and she'd gotten all threatened and pounced.

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

immortalmina

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:13 pm
Jazz nodded. She really wasn't sure if it was that he wanted to get her position or if he thought it was silly that she had it in the first place when he and others danced making them just as qualified. Still, she needed to give him the benefit of the doubt. Anyway, it seemed all non elders ever wanted to know was how to become one themselves. She should have know that.

"Well, I was lucky and found Elder Berries. I hear they no longer grow. That doesn't mean I still wasn't picked by the Guardians and I still had a quest. Getting to be an elder is different for all Pae'il. The one thing that holds true of us all is that we have a hard quest to prove that we deserved it. I don't know if that really helps, but that's what I know." She felt a little bad now but then again sometimes one has to watch how they say things if they don't want others to take it wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:56 pm
"Elderberries," says Theron contemplatively. "Clever guardians." He nods to Jazz. "Thank you. And now I know." He flashes a patient smile. "See, that wasn't so bad, was it?" His even, measured tone is either calming or infuriating. Sometimes, somehow, it's both. "So if someone, my dancer friend for example, wanted to become an Elder, and her talent is dance, could she be the Elder of Dance? Or mightn't that fall under your jurisdiction as Elder of Entertainment?" He tilts his head slightly, as though interested in the conversation. Which he is, of course, it just makes his palm-frond horns sort of wiggle comically.  

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

immortalmina

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:00 am
Jazz thought about his question. She wasn't really sure. It's not like there was a book on these things or anything. "I don't know. I would guess she'd have to be the best dancer on the isle coupled with she's not good at anything else. You see they pick with you are the best at and if you are the best of the best. So, you could be the elder of your power. Mine is telekinesis, but I didn't end up being the elder of that."  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:52 am
An elder and a very powerful ability. Wonder what she did to make the Guardians favor her so. Theron smooths his thumb over his fire stick idly while he thinks. "Doesn't want to be good at anything else is closer to it," he mutters, chuckling darkly.

"So what would I be the elder of then?" he asks. "Elder of Pyrokinesis On A Very Small Scale?" He shakes his head with another laugh. "Anyway, why didn't you become the Elder of Telekinesis? What made the Guardians decide to make you the Elder of Entertainment?" Personally he thought that 'Elder of Entertainment' made one sound rather like a lady of the evening, but he keeps that to himself, of course, like many of his opinions.

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

immortalmina

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:15 pm
Jazz shook her head and shrugged. She didn't know why they decided that for her. It must have been what they saw of her and what they knew she was meant to be. At least that's how she had always taken the elders.

"I see it as they see what is inside of you and see who you really are. That is what you are the elder of. I have been a singer in a bar for a long time. I have also been a waitress there and thrown many parties. I guess they saw me as more of a great entertainer then just my power. If I'm wrong I don't know as I've never met a Guardian to ask them."

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff