37%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 16

Swivils

8,000 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:22 am
I was wondering if anyone here knows any good recipes for people who don't like vegetables? I want to cook for my boyfriend, but he's a REALLY picky eater. I was thinking chili, but then again I don't want him to poison the air with the aftermath of said chili, lol.
On a more random note, I've discovered that ranch dressing with soy sauce is awesome to cook chicken in.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:44 pm
If you want him to eat vegtables, I suggest stirfry. That's how I get mine to eat them. The veggies taste like soy sauce and teriyaki so it's good.  

Hester Peche

Perfect Genius

Miscenco

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:04 am
Stir fry's a good way.
Also, adding something called Pang-gisa spice mix is good - some Asian stores will stock it.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:57 pm
Stirfry is always good.. what also works is a casserole or potpie if you're that talented. Yes, that sounds lame, but it gets my brother to eat string beans, and he usually will pick out every last strong bean or pea and then stare at them and not let anything touch them ._.  

Azusanga

Seawicket

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:48 am
cause i'd like to see you out in the moonlight
i'd like to kiss you way back in the sticks

Add veggies you almost like to dishes you already love.
Layer zucchini slices into lasagna.
Stir broccoli florets into macaroni and cheese.
Toss tomatoes into an omelet.
Slide peppers into a cheese quesadilla.

Try them in soup.
Embellish your favorite soups, fresh or canned, with added veggies.
Just add raw or frozen vegetables while you're heating or cooking the soup.

Sneak them into spaghetti.
Add finely chopped zucchini, mushroom, onions, eggplant, or yellow squash to spaghetti sauce.
The smaller you chop them, the less likely you are to notice they're there.

Pizza pizzazz.
Top your pizza with any combination: tomato, onion, bell pepper, mushroom, zucchini, and artichoke hearts.

Drink up
Try V-8 or carrot juice.
Or blend some carrot juice with a fruit juice you enjoy,
such as orange or tangerine.

i'd like to walk you through a field of wildflowers
and i'd like to check you for ticks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:27 pm
This trick works good with kids and boys of any age lol .Just add cut up veggies in your pasta dishes and they will end eating then.I like making a creamy pasta and chicken dish that has broccoli,cauliflower,carrotts ,
mushrooms and cheese .My 15 year old and 13 year old cousin both eat eat it even with all the veggies .  

Princess Prentiss

Ofelia1802

600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:21 am
a good way to do it and he'll never know hes even eating veggies and this is good with kids.

make pasta with meat balls and take the veggies and put them in a blender and then sumsh the contents in the blender in to the stuff for the meat balls

they will never know!

(my mom used this with my older brother when he was little)  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:32 am
Swivils
I was wondering if anyone here knows any good recipes for people who don't like vegetables? I want to cook for my boyfriend, but he's a REALLY picky eater. I was thinking chili, but then again I don't want him to poison the air with the aftermath of said chili, lol.
On a more random note, I've discovered that ranch dressing with soy sauce is awesome to cook chicken in.

Aren't we talking "I don't like to eat raw/cooked vegetables like steamed broccoli" not liking vegetables, or "I don't like any vegetables. At all. Ever."

Because I know some good sauce mixes and curry recipes if you want to hide vegetables.  

On Your Six

Enduring Soldier

shall she sail seas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:34 am
Go for picadillo. I like to add eggplants to the mix although the dish traditionally doesn't have it.

Look on the internet for picadillo recipes.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:54 am
User Image

My boyfriend is picky about vegetables too, but he totally loves it when I make some stew in a crock pot or soup from scratch.

I found a lovely potato soup recipe in the book The Joy of Cooking We added some bacon and chives to it and he gobbled it, even though he's not a vegetable or soup lover.

Maybe frying vegetables would work? I know it's not exactly healthy, but just about anything tastes good fried ^^;

Ingou

Shameless Grabber

28,425 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
16. ✿ - - - Food, Cooking & Baking

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items