Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Any good movie recomendations?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Think you can help mee?
  Duh. Look at the guild your in. >:OOO
  Yeah. What he/she said. ^
View Results

kurtainz

Beloved Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:34 pm
Sorry if I mispelled that...
Anywho, I have no plans this weekend so I thought I'd ask for a good movie.
In the movies or out on dvd, old or new, it doesn't matter
I like mainly horror and comedies.
But I'm open to other genres of movies.
So...anyone got a good one?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:22 pm
If you haven't seen Alien i would really recommend seeing it, it is my favorite movie.
It's an older movie, but it has really good pacing and a good creepy feel.
The first saw movie is pretty good, it had some good creep outs, but the sequels are pretty bad.  

Sarahdinosaur

Hojipoon

Questionable Smoker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:31 pm
User Image
Ohohoho, I have oodles.

American Beauty- Very good, strange but good.
Watchmen- Epic superheros
A Haunting in Connecticut- Actually very scary.
The Day the Earth Stood Still- I enjoyed it
Australia- Good plot, and has Hugh Jackman talking in an Australian accent. Awesome.
Misery- A classic horror.
Red Dragon- Very good.
Sweeny Todd- Pretty funny in a morid way.
Germlins- Very funny.
Donnie Darko- Awesomely awesome.
Fight Club- Pretty much a must see movie.
The Boondocks Saints- Drunk Irish brothers fighting for justice, very cool.
Fear- Very scary.
The Hulk- The new one is VERY good, Edward Norton is so cute x3
Sunshine Cleaning- Sort of a comedy.
The Machinist- Chirstian Bale as a scary skinny fellow
Blind- ******** up scary movie.
Anchor man- Very very funny.
Step brothers- I giggled lots.
Freddy Kruger 3 Dream Warriors- Some graphics are cheesy, but its the best Freddy Kruger, still kinda creeps me out xD
Sin City- Very awesome to the max plus 10

And thats all I can think of off the top of my head, enjoy
If I can think of anymore I'll post ;D
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:39 pm
User Image
(thought of some more xD)

The Children- That movie really freaking scared me ; A;
Moulin Rouge- A musical, but a very good funny one.
17 Again- A very cute movie with funny parts.
I Love you Man- Very funny and cute.
Knowing- It scared me sorta
The Skeleton Key- It creeped me out a bit.
Push- Very cool action packed movie
Pet Semetary- It's a really really scary movie, you really should watch
it.
The Mist- ******** yeah.
The Ruins- Pretty creepy
School of Rock- Very cute
Tenacious D- ******** Hilarious
The Devils Rejects- Its okies, I enjoyed some parts, but some parts are kinda gross
Shaun of the Dead- Very funny
Dawn of the Dead- Zombies are always fun
28 days later- I liked it lots
28 weeks later- I really liked it

-found more-

Slither- Gross but good
Defiance- Very awesome, chipmunk cheeks are adorable >3
zoolander- If you havn't seen it you should.
The Iron Giant- A cartoon, but a very good one.
A Beautiful Mind- About schizophrenia very good.
Hide and Seek- Very good
Gothika- Pretty creepy
The Number 23- Creepy good
24 Hour photo- Creepyness
Wolf Creek- I thought it was pretty good
High Tension- ******** awesome
The Exorcism of Emily Rose- I thought it was scaryish
Gran Torino- One of the best movies, ever.
The Truman Show- Very funny.
Se7en- Good serial killer movie
Pleasantville- I loved it
Little Monsters- Cute :'D
Interview with the Vampire- One of the few good vampire movies, (Don't worry they don't sparkle)
Dazed and Confused- Very funny, even if its a druggie movie
American History X- Very good

Tropic Thunder- Very very funny
Changeling- I thought it was sorta creepy

User Image

Hojipoon

Questionable Smoker

pearl020

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:36 am
DRAG ME TO HELL's a good one.. NATIONAL TREASURE 2.. thats all thats in my head right now..  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:07 am
go see Eraserhead It will make you love David Lynch's movies

or go see/rent

REC good movie but it's all in spain spainsh Not mexican spanish but spain spanish it's a good movie after all  

Atheist Guy

Lost Serenade

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:47 am
You must go see "Gamer"
Its an amazing movie 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:12 pm

Hmm...

ACTION

X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Stars Hugh Jackman, Liev Schreiber, Ryan Reynolds, Will.I.Am. Fantastic movie, awesome special effects.
X-Men - Stars Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Famke Janssen, James Marsden. Hey, it has Jackman in it. Who wouldn’t want to watch?
Defiance - Stars Daniel Craig, Liev Schreiber. Excellent story; touching and yet full of action.
Broken Arrow - Stars John Travolta, Christian Slater. Action-packed movie; sends shivers down my spine every time I watch it.
Gone In 60 Seconds - Stars Nicholas Cage, Angelina Jolie. A good, action-packed film that has you rooting for what the cops saw as the 'bad guy'.
The Whole Nine Yards - Stars Bruce Willis, Matthew Perry, Amanda Peet. Another hilarious movie; Willis plays an excellent bad guy-good guy.
Ghost Rider - Stars Nicholas Cage, Wes Bentley, Eva Mendes, Sam Elliot, Peter Fonda. Excellent action-film, full of touches of romance, suspense, and 'against-the-devil' material.
Lethal Weapon - Stars Mel Gibson, Danny Glover. A classic in cop movies. A must-see. (The first three movies are the best.)
The Rock - Stars Sean Connery, Nicholas Cage. An action-packed film with a few chuckles along the way.
Swordfish - Stars Hugh Jackman, John Travolta, Halle Barry, and Don Cheadle. Great action-packed film; loved both Travolta's and Jackman's roles.

ROMANCE

Kate and Leopold - Stars Hugh Jackman, Liev Schreiber, Meg Ryan. A very cute, time-travel romance movie.
Hope Floats - Stars Harry Connick, Jr., Sandra Bullock. A romantic film that occasionally brought a tear to my eye.
Always - Stars Richard Dreyfuss, Holly Hunter, Brad Johnson. This movie makes me cry everytime I see it. It's romantic and heart-wrenching.
What Women Want - Stars Mel Gibson, Helen Hunt. A hilarious romantic-comedy. Makes me wonder what would happen if men could read women’s' minds - and vice versa.
Romancing the Stone - Stars Michael Douglas, Kathleen Turner. An action-filled romance with humorous moments woven into the plot.
P.S. I Love You - Stars Gerard Butler, Harry Connick, Jr., Hilary Swank. A heart-wrenching story that had me crying a good portion of the time and smiling whenever Connick showed up.

SAD/TOUCHING/INSPIRATIONAL/INSIGHTFUL

Marley and Me - Stars Owen Wilson, Jennifer Aniston. A real tear-jerker film that touches the heart; made me cry both from happiness and sadness. It's full of comedy, too.
Henry Poole Was Here - Stars Luke Wilson, Adrianna Barraza, George Lopez. A very insightful film, one that brought tears to my eyes and inspiration.
Martian Child - Stars John Cusack, Joan Cusack, Amanda Peet. Touching and also tear-jerking. It's insightful and heart-warming.
Phenomenon - Stars John Travolta, Kyra Sedgewick, Robert Duvall, Forest Whitaker. A touching story that also proved to be an inspiration. It made me wonder how much we really know.
Disney's The Kid - Stars Bruce Willis, Spencer Breslin. A cute, touching film that brings tears to the eyes and laughter to the lips.
Three Wishes - Stars Patrick Swayze, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, Joseph Mazello. A heart-warming, touching film that some people don't remember Swayze for. It brings a few tears to my eyes and leaves me feeling pensive every time I watch it.

COMEDY

Oscar - Stars Sylvester Stallone, Tim Curry. This movie is the only comedy I have ever seen Stallone in, and it is hilarious. A priceless, comedic ex-gangster movie.
The Pacifer - Stars Vin Diesel, Lauren Graham, Brad Garrett. A cute movie that always gets a laugh out of me, no matter how many times I watch it.
Miss Congeniality - Stars Sandra Bullock, Michael Caine, Benjamin Bratt, William Shatner. A classic female bad-a** cop-turned-pagent-chick film that always elicits a laugh from me.
Stick It - Stars Jeff Bridges, Missy Peregrym. Excellent movie. Full of ups and downs, laughter and sorrow. Gotta love the rebellious teen and the perceptive, dance-around-the-point teacher.
Death Becomes Her - Stars Bruce Willis, Meryl Streep, Goldie Hawn. Another hilarious comedy. You can't help but feel sorry for Willis.
Wild Hogs - Stars John Travolta, Tim Allen, Martin Lawrence, William H. Macy, Marisa Tomei, Ray Liotta, Peter Fonda. If you're looking for a lot of laughs, then this is a good choice.
Paul Blartt: Mall Cop - Stars Kevin James, Keir O’Donnell. A cute film that had me laughing till my ribs hurt.

SUSPENSE/HORROR/THRILLER

Lady in the Water - Stars Paul Giamatti, Bryce Dallas Howard. Suspenseful, touching, fantasy story.
The Sixth Sense - Stars Bruce Willis. A good, 'low-key' horror film that brings tears to my eyes.
Soul Survivors - Stars Wes Bentley, Melissa Sagemiller, Casey Affleck, Luke Wilson. A suspenseful thriller, one that made me wonder why the heck everything seemed to be happening so oddly.
Premonition - Stars Sandra Bullock, Julian McMahon. Another suspenseful thriller. (One suggest: try and keep track of the days in the movie. It helps to make sense.)
Jurassic Park - Stars Jeff Goldblum, Sam Neill, Laura Dern, Joseph Mazello. I just love the characters, and the story’s pretty good.

OTHER

The Manchurian Candidate - Stars Liev Schreiber, Denzel Washington, and Meryl Streep. Phenomenal political/military/brainwashing movie. (2004 version.)
Spinning Boris - Stars Jeff Goldblum, Liev Schreiber, Anthony LaPagalia. Intruiging, funny, political movie.

I might think of more later. Enjoy!

Chaotic_Theoretician

aliceunder_skies

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:32 pm
Atheist Guy
go see Eraserhead It will make you love David Lynch's movies

or go see/rent

REC good movie but it's all in spain spainsh Not mexican spanish but spain spanish it's a good movie after all

OMG Some one has seen Eraserhead, now I am impressed, can you even rent that movie?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:45 am
My favourite movie of all time is Magnolia. Seriously, watch it. It's amazing.  

Travis III

T3h Movie World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff