I Ceymore Ratz
Crew

Revered Prophet

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:52 am
Old!!! what is old, age wise I suppose I am well at least being the oldest man posting on gaia, but in the heart I am still in my 20"s and at the currant rate, I will be in my teens next 10 year and by age 90 I will surely be in grade school.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:32 am
hrmm...why do i feel old?

80s should be vintage yet. We just got rid of it right?

My siblings who's diapers I used to change are now becoming legal adults (18...21...ack)

Being told by someone 5-7 years older than me that she thought I looked and acted her age. BURN on maturity.

realizing I will be a 1/4 of a century old next year...

Saying "My husband...blah blah blah." Yes, the word husband makes me feel old.

Holding discussion sections (TAing) college students and mentally seeing them as whippersnappers.

On the upside, I still don't have life figured out, I am going to be in grad school at least another 4 years, and current neuroscience testing is tentatively claiming that my brain isn't even done maturing yet. GO reorganization and mylenation!  

Sidhe Fleshmonster

Gracious Hunter

Irahatam

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:07 am
I know a lot of old people lose their ability to taste some things they use to enjoy but, I was not ready to lose my ability to taste and enjoy a good cup of coffee. gonk
I have a drip coffee maker but I've resorted to my old percolator (it's from a camping kit) coffee brewer because it give the coffee a fuller flavor.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:34 am
- Remembering the Family Channel

- My first Japanese cartoon was years before the big "anime" boom

- I actually remember 4 episodes of the original TMNT cartoon and the ending to the second TMNT movie. I even saw the movie in theaters.

- I saw the first airing of the first episode of Power Rangers  

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0

EvilNurseAlice

5,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:25 pm
Looking at my state license and seeing when I was born makes me feel old lol.

Actually I feel old when I see the young emo kids being mallrats, hanging out in the front entrance to malls. Then I realize that I use the word "mallrats" and feel older ; ;

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:11 pm
waking up and saying "I need to get to work" instead of "5 more minutes" or going to a party at a friends house and instead of leaving next morning leave early and say "I need to work early tommorrow morning" XD that makes me feel old  

flash_75

3,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250

MercyWild

Blessed Seeker

7,475 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:27 pm
Let's see
The nieces and nephew that I held as newborns, changed diapers of, baby sat for, etc are now in high school.
And the fact they are wearing the same style clothes I did in when I was in school.
Waking up to my 4 year old (who is much more a morning person than her dad or I)
Having to track my husbands medications, doctors appointments, other appointments to make sure we don't miss any.
Realizing as I read forums that I have now turned into the adult who was always muttering about teenagers and shaking their head.
My life long best friend having her 29th birthday today (though the age thing freaks her out much more than me).  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff