Reply Anime lovers
Plot Holes/Unanswered Questions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Astalakio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:56 am
For such a complicated series, Death Note has relatively few plot holes! But, undoubtably, there must be some. If you noticed any, post them here.

I've got one. In the anime/manga, the shinigami eyes let one see how mant years a person has left, and thus, the year they are going to die.
However, in DN: Another Note, BB can see not only the year, but apparently the exact date the person is destined to die, and uses that to commit his crimes. Are the eyes different? Or is this a plot blunder?

As an extention of this point, the numbers from the eyes in the manga/anime are shown in a complicated (Seemingly random) series, and a maths exchange needs to be done to figure out the remaining life time.
Now, how did BB know the remaining lifespans, without a shinigami to explain the equation? He could have recorded one of them, and then waited till that person died and figured it out based on that date. But how would he know to do that? tHe numbers could mean anything!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:51 pm
Maybe he'd seen enough dying people to understand how the lifespan numbers worked? As for the whole formula thing, I'd thought it was more something for Ohba to work out what numbers to write, rather than something the shinigami have to repeatedly work out every time they see a bunch of numbers. So it's like a shinigami time unit, like how we have seconds and minutes and whatever. And the numbers would just go tick, tick, tick like a countdown.

I've always wondered how the whole triangle+string thing worked, when BB was committing his crimes? It just seems like the string would snap or fall away before the lock could be locked. Really weird. ...but I'm no physics expert.

Hmm, oh and the fake suicide notes L showed Light. It's probably a translation/language mixup, but the extra note didn't make a lot of sense to me. sad

+ How the heck did Mello get out of that exploding building?! (And end up with a scar that actually made him look better, no less. Talk about luck.)  

xxBluebird

Astalakio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:04 am
xxBluebird
Maybe he'd seen enough dying people to understand how the lifespan numbers worked? As for the whole formula thing, I'd thought it was more something for Ohba to work out what numbers to write, rather than something the shinigami have to repeatedly work out every time they see a bunch of numbers. So it's like a shinigami time unit, like how we have seconds and minutes and whatever. And the numbers would just go tick, tick, tick like a countdown.

I've always wondered how the whole triangle+string thing worked, when BB was committing his crimes? It just seems like the string would snap or fall away before the lock could be locked. Really weird. ...but I'm no physics expert.

Hmm, oh and the fake suicide notes L showed Light. It's probably a translation/language mixup, but the extra note didn't make a lot of sense to me. sad

+ How the heck did Mello get out of that exploding building?! (And end up with a scar that actually made him look better, no less. Talk about luck.)

Well, for the shinigami numbers, it was originally a 'complex mathmatical formula' and Ohba used it for the first time you see them (On Light) but he soon forgot what the formula was and from then on just wrote random numbers. But I suppose for a shinigami they'd be so used to it, it'd be like a normal clock of some description.

As for the string triangle thing, I think I get it, but I agree it's a bit abstract. It probablly wouldn't work in practice.

The fake suicide notes, well I remember that if you read the first letter of the top line, the first two letters of the next, and the first three letters of the next and so on, it says:
L
Do
You
Know

And I can't remember where they got the last part from, but it was "Shinigami love apples".

And as of the Mello thing, yeah I agree about that. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:00 am
BB_Is_Superior
Well, for the shinigami numbers, it was originally a 'complex mathmatical formula' and Ohba used it for the first time you see them (On Light) but he soon forgot what the formula was and from then on just wrote random numbers. But I suppose for a shinigami they'd be so used to it, it'd be like a normal clock of some description.

As for the string triangle thing, I think I get it, but I agree it's a bit abstract. It probablly wouldn't work in practice.

The fake suicide notes, well I remember that if you read the first letter of the top line, the first two letters of the next, and the first three letters of the next and so on, it says:
L
Do
You
Know

And I can't remember where they got the last part from, but it was "Shinigami love apples".

And as of the Mello thing, yeah I agree about that. 3nodding

Oh, the mesage thing... I think it was when L was in the cafe with Light and he had made this extra fake note to trick Light with... it turned the message into something like "Shinigami love apples, L do you know red hands" instead of "L do you know shinigami love apples"? It was probably It was a weird message, anyways. But I didn't really understand the whole reasoning behind that - how are you meant to know/infer/yada yada that there's a fourth message? sweatdrop  

xxBluebird

Astalakio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:49 am
I got one, how did Near pick out Mikami as X-Kira when he was watching all those screens? I know he's supposed to be like superman or something, but surely that's a little... unrealistic?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:44 pm
BB_Is_Superior
I got one, how did Near pick out Mikami as X-Kira when he was watching all those screens? I know he's supposed to be like superman or something, but surely that's a little... unrealistic?

Oh, that's right. That was weiiiiird. o_o
I'm pretty sure Kira has more than one fanatic follower...
You could maybe say that Near is very very lucky? sweatdrop  

xxBluebird

Anime lovers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces