Reply Anime lovers
Did you know...?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Apollonis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:10 pm
Did you know that roughly 65% of people stopped reading the manga/watching the anime after Ryuzaki met his untimely death? I happen to be one of the larger population.

At first, we (We being my sister and I) were planning on continuing the series in high hopes that Ryuzaki would somehow come back alive...But, highly curious and impatient as I am, I google'd the result. To my dissappointment, Ryuzaki, once dead, is gone for good. We quit watching the anime then and there.

But, to this day, we go back and revisit Ryuzaki's cuter moments, such as our favorite episode...I cannot remember the name at this current time...Our favorite sections are how Ryuzaki, called Ryuga then, greeted Light at the college. Also the way he stared at Misa Amane's cell phone, obviously bemused by the ringtone. We also adored his reaction to the moment Misa Amane screamed "someone touched my butt!"
Yes, L is quite a character. His best qualities are how simply childish he is, such as when he stood out in the rain and forced Light to join him by claiming he couldn't hear him, the way he holds phones and papers, and his insane love for sweets, especially Strawberry Shortcake. Another thing we loved was the way he gave one of the investigative team that he would give him the strawberry if he kept Ryuzaki's 'top 3 detectives' secret.

All in all... L <3  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:17 pm
Yes it is very sad that he had to die, I actually cried at that part, and I did think about stopping. But I couldnt bring myself to it. Death Note had its hold on me, and I couldnt stop. As much as I hated Light for it, even though it was rems fault....stupid misa....I still HAD to watch it.
I was so obsessed with it that I still cant stop to this day sweatdrop And I started reading it when it came out.....silly me....heh heh heh.....well I kind of feel sad....this year L will be turning 30......-sniffle-  

Dark Triforce

Demonic Strawberry

jenkins7790

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:33 pm
thats a high percentage but it could also be do to the time lapse between the end of season 1 and the beginning of season 2, because some people wouldnt expect season 2 to hold up to how good season 1 was, which at first i didnt, when L died i was sad the rivalry was over but laughing maniacally that light had won, sorry L fans  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:41 am
If there was a time lapse between the two arcs, as in the anime actually took a break, then many people must have thought that the anime had ended...

As a Wammy's House kids fan, please watch/read the rest! There's no L, that's true, but Death Note goes on. Many people say that the second season isn't as mindgame-ish, but it's quite good because there are cool new characters. And you get to see Light defeated, which is good (so long as you are not a Light fan).

L is awesome but Near and Mello (and Matt) are quite good as well - at least, they are in the manga, I don't really watch the anime.  

xxBluebird

Astalakio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:01 am
I agree with Bluebird. It's definately worth watching till the end, and although I marginally prefer the first half, the second half is still amazing as it is, after all, Death Note. If nothing else, than at least watch it for *Spoiler hightlight* Light's death because it's done perfectly. Better in the maga, but still perfect in the anime.*Spoiler end*  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:05 am
I stopped reading to...
but then i saw a pic of near,
and i was like: OHHH!! i have to watch the rest!
so i watch the rest and read the manga.
but its so sad... crying
why did he had to die
why gonk  

DLTAngel

Moonlight Phantom

14,725 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Healer 50

Vanilla Mushroom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:25 am
You shouldn't stop watching it for something like that. I was crying when he died, but I contunued the anime and I still loved it [Though I was hoping L would come bake to life as well =33]
But it's worth watching all the episodes >.<

Anime lovers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff