Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)
hot....no...BLAZING topic around Gaia

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kazuma Ishimaru

Vice Captain

Timely Advisor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:48 pm
So, today people discovered a site earily similar to Gaiaonline. This site was so convincing that people were screaming "Lawsuit!" and "HAX!". The catch? It's in Chinese.
The site? Gonline.com

Now, it turns out that there was nothing to worry about! Gaiaonline execs have made a pact with this new site. We're going to let them use our images/ideas and we get to do the same! There's bound to be boundaries, but many people were excited.
I for one cannot wait until we get the Gaia Exchange Program.
WE MUST TRADE OUR LIAM FOR THEIRS!!!
User Image

Then they also have many items we would want too!!
User Image
*fangasm*

You should even take a look at the level of quality in their towns with these screenshots. (bigger pics)
http://file1.gonline.com/images/gaia_global/body/home/temp_04_b.jpg
http://file1.gonline.com/images/gaia_global/body/home/temp_03_b.jpg
http://file1.gonline.com/images/gaia_global/body/home/temp_05_b.jpg

I leave you with a look at their world.
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:53 pm
Oh! Here's a compilation of their shopkeepers and who we think they are.
User Image
The two on the end are actually probably Von Helsons. xd  

Kazuma Ishimaru

Vice Captain

Timely Advisor

xXx_cherrycraze_xXx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:53 am
WOW! That's ummm....weird....  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:21 pm
Yeah.
Can you also believe that neither of the sites new of each other? (till recently of course)
Each site was accusing each other of copying. XD  

Kazuma Ishimaru

Vice Captain

Timely Advisor

Argentine-Stray

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:08 am
Wow. Their town looks really sweet. And...I like their npcs more as well. I can't wait to see what we get from all of this.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:47 pm
Yeah, but they don't actually have towns yet. They're that new. The photos you see are from development. It's going to be released soon, though.
Also, if you take a close look at the drawn town...in the distance....you can see flying whales. FLYING WHALES!  

Kazuma Ishimaru

Vice Captain

Timely Advisor

Argentine-Stray

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:26 pm
Holy crap. You're right. That is Win incarnate. We must have those....  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:43 pm
oh wow!!
thats is strange!! eek  

MythicalRealism

Romantic Friend

Kazuma Ishimaru

Vice Captain

Timely Advisor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:02 pm
You said it Psy.
Also the NPC's names are (in line of the photos a bit up there): Moria, Edmund, Li Yam, and the twins names are puns of Rice. ( can't recall n_n; )

The cool thing that most people are finding from this is that this site is basically Go-gaia. (gaia's first year)
The only way to gain gold is posting. The prices of items in the shops are low to us, but making 1000gold for them is harder than it is here.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:06 pm
Is it just me or does that possible Ian or whatever look a whole lot like Irvine from VIII?  

xXx_cherrycraze_xXx

Kazuma Ishimaru

Vice Captain

Timely Advisor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:17 pm
xXx_cherrycraze_xXx
Is it just me or does that possible Ian or whatever look a whole lot like Irvine from VIII?

Hm...you may be on to something....it's so not me posting that to see who'd notice. *whistle, whistle*  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:45 pm
Oh my... wow. xd Seriously, wow. I really wish I spoke Chinese so I could check it out more...

Their Liam reminds me of Ash Ketchum... And their Ian actually reminded me more of someone else, but I can't think who... Now it's bugging me.

Haha, the "good old days"? I remember the first item I ever really quested for: Cat Gloves. All 2000 Gold of 'em. xd

Now I'm thinking though... If Gaia's using their pictures too now, is this where Kanoko came from? I thought she looked different when I first saw her, and now she seems to match these guys' style more. (Speaking of, I really like the art style for their stuff... the shading's a lot nicer than Gaia's. xd )  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Kazuma Ishimaru

Vice Captain

Timely Advisor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:18 pm
Surprisingly....you don't need to now much chinese. The site is basically gaia, so if you know your way around here you know your way around there. xd

The people there are even welcoming people from here and helping out. As long as they don't cause problems and berate their communism. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:48 pm
xd Yeahhhh, them and their communism...

I kind of feel bad joining though; I've been looking it up on the forums now, and it looks like they're just getting flooding with Gaians. There seem to be more Americans than Chinese people on it. sweatdrop

But sheesh, I'm seeing so many people talking about switching from Gaia just because they have a few nice items? That's... really, really sad.  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Kazuma Ishimaru

Vice Captain

Timely Advisor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:07 pm
You joined?!
...Well I wont be angry as long as you don't post. >_>

I really have been holding back because of how many of us have gone over there. I'm afraid it's going to upset the balance and such. I'm going to ask Lanzer and the other devs about it on monday. confused

Lots of people really dislike how Gaia is now and find this new one a "fresh start".  
Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games