Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Convention Attention: Masquerade, Cosplay Chess, Dating Game Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

salsaplant

GO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:44 am
Got a story that falls in to one of those categories? Share it! Maybe you won Cosplay Chess, did something funny happen during the Cosplay Dating Game, or is there a video from a Masquerade you wanna show us? Start posting~!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:26 pm
what is Cosplay Dating game?

Btw actually I already post on another thread, but since it also as masquerade, I also post it here

Me and my team cosplay Saint Beast
Our first masquerade.

We play Saint Beast as parody version. This recording only when we dance.

Until now I cant believe I can get applause like that. Many people laugh when we do gag at stage. We get Favorite winner. YAY!

THIS IS REALLY UNFORGETTABLE MASQUERADE SINCE SO MANY TROUBLE HAPPEN

It is totally messed up

wahmbulance 3 week before perform, 2 member that should become Maya and Kira said they could not be attend the con. burning_eyes

My sister (Hassei) and her best friends at college (Akai) accept my invitation to join (I provide their costume) and change the dance song.

wahmbulance
2 weeks before perform, Virenne (Rey) said she get grounded and cant cosplay too. --;

Me as team leader panic. Lucky Rinshi want to join as Rey. Seventh Wings also want to join.

But since we need sync the dance, and Hikaru (Ruka) as Rinshi (Rei)'s couple home is far far away and impossible to practice together, we change the role.

Hikaru from Ruka change become Goh
Rheea from Goh change become Gai

rofl

wahmbulance I get car accident 1 week before perform. I cant walk for 3 days and I cant practice for the last week. Thats why I dont use high heels and only use sport shoes. sweatdrop

wahmbulance 15 HOURS BEFORE WE PERFORM... Akai said she must go to her grandmother house since her grandma die. crying

I'm panic and call SatoNa (Our cosplay team). She agree to become Maya

I call her at 6 PM and we will perform at 10 Am in the morning
. She really try hard to remember all the dialog only in one night. Lucky she able to dance quite well.

We get second number to perform.

How do U think about our dance? weheheh

(I'm dancing first with green veil and white gakuen cloth)
The one who announce dance time (with white wings) and my dance partner are my Manga team ^^ lol We cosplay together, dance together and publish manga together. Oh yeah, the black one is professional dancer.

DANCE VERSION
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXMzhcLY6yE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e3_R5DgdV8

If you want to see full story, you can see this.
But this is with old cast and old song dance. We change a lot (Subbed in English)

http://layartancap.com/video/Saint-Beast-Kabaret-Battle-Dancing-Subs-Eng/11877/  

shireishou

Newbie Gaian

The Lone Wolf Jedi

3,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:41 am
Well the funniest skit I saw in a con is the AX08 Masquerade, a group of cosplayers did a Super Smash Bros. bit they called Wii-Zite, it was a parody of the Enzyte commercials we have here in the US, if I can find the vid I'll post it  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:47 pm
User Image

I've never been to a masquerade, so forgive me if this is sounds ridiculous, but what exactly is the masquerade event?
It seems there are skits or something performed, but how is that different from the cosplay contest?

Hakumei no Kayami

Moonlight Hunter

9,950 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:17 pm
My latest masq which was k-con 09 was good and bad. I had no actual outfit like I usually do and I had a major cosplay malfunction(plus I lost my badge)! gonk

But the upside was I got to dance with one of my cosplay idols, danced with an adorable hunny, and we started a dance circle. We pretty much just skipped around in a circle holding hands. XD

Then the masq before that was at s-con 09 and it was a wonderful time with proper music and dancing. I got to dance with a dread pirate roberts and we asked several guys if they would dance with out friend because she was quite bashful. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:18 pm
In Indonesia masquarede common say as "Kabaret". Cosplayer perform drama around 10-15 minuites. U can dance or only do full drama.
But it seldom con that make kabaret competition here  

shireishou

Newbie Gaian

Huntress Seko

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:35 pm
i love cosplay chess i think its the most fun and i hope to take part one day you can look up on youtube you"ll seee what i mean  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:19 pm
I will do small masquerade again next 31 Oct. But with only 1 of my friends. After we do some dance or fighting scene, we will do gag following the original musical drama. Hope we can record it ^^  

shireishou

Newbie Gaian

GundamIsGod

Irregular Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:59 am
XD I was in a Cosplay Dating Game one year... As Nara Shikamaru... Because I thought it would entirely ironic.

First minute: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU4nK9ieXAY
The rest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF2ER6Vorx4  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:07 am
I was in the cosplay contest at OtakuOmaha last year as Haruhi Suzumiya, playing the black Queen. Pyramid head was the white King. I got moved, and took him, winning the game. A Gin-Tama cosplayer kneeled down and said "Thank you, Lady Haruhi." 'Twas fun.

La Ahna

6,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Dark_Fluffy-Chan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:20 pm
User Image

I myself haven't participated in any of these events but friends of mine have (I'm to much of a wuss sweatdrop ). I go and watch the events every year though, I'm actually planning on participating in the Masquerade at Anime North next year... That is if I don't chicken out sweatdrop (Does not do well in crowds of people)
The dating game would probably have to be my favorite event especially Anime Norths dating game. 3nodding I look forward to it every year blaugh
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:06 pm
I've been participating in the Youmacon masquerade and hall contest for 2 years now. I have yet to win anything.

But I did win best craftsmanship for my FFIX Freya Crescent costume at Anime Detroit. heart

If I don't win, I don't beat myself up about it. I'll just try harder next time.  

Sleepy-Pandy

Dersa Flutterbye

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:29 am
I was the random person at the Aki-con anime dating game.
Went through all the questions and such, got chosen... And the person had a weird/ surprised face when they saw me. xD
Having blue hair and eyebrows isn't that scary. :/
It was fun though.
I want to be the one who chooses next!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:06 am
I was in a few masquerades when I used to cosplay. My favorite skit was our NGE skit entitled "Springtime for Gendou". We did it at AnimeNext one year and won a judges award. It was the biggest skit group I was in and I had a lot of fun with it 3nodding .  

WildSpice

1,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250

Tinfoil Paoupou

6,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:52 pm
. . .

Let me tell you something folks, never ever ever wear stilts on a stage when you also have a really big skirt that can get in the way. You will step on the skirt and bad things might happen. I didn't fall on my face, but I sure felt like I was going to.

Kumoricon 2009 Cosplay Contest. Best time I ever had at a convention ever.

Me and my walk-on buddy are the last two. Can't miss us.

. . .

Convention Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces