33%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 21

bellaxxmuerte

6,100 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:58 pm
this topic has probably come up before, but since i haven't seen it i'm gonna throw it at ya again. Would you ever fool around with someone at work?

unfortunately i'm guilty of this big no no. it caused alot of headaches and was not worth the time. i have a new job now, but since i'm a creature of habit sweatdrop , i was tempted yet again by a coworker (and a very hot one btw whee ). this time, however, i'm not gonna make the same mistake like before. i like my new job and creating weirdness would be quite sucky xp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:23 pm
you live, you learn. and mostly You have fun. If you think things wouldn't get out of hand i say go for it. razz Of course ease into it and test the water first biggrin if you have any doubts, call it off and just tell him that you don't want to get hurt or make things uncomfortable biggrin  

Koichi Wing

Moonlight Lover

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200

QuietStorm XII

Devout Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:26 pm
Fool around with a co-worker... guilty. I know its a golden rule to not deep your pen in the company ink, but... i mean at the same time we're all adults here. When I done the dastardly deed man.. I remember it like it was yesterday... both of us were the youngest of the everyone in the workplace so naturally we were drawn to each other. Then.. I wont go into full detail, but when we decided to go through it, we both knew as long as it didn't completely distract us at work than we were fine.... and it lasted for quite awhile .... so .. yes, if you both can do the job you are paid to do then I don't see a problem. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:52 pm
I've never been in this situation so I can't speak much from experience, but I will tell you that my brother married a co-worker of his. Of course, part of the reason it didn't create too much of a problem at the workplace is because it wasn't a permanent job. {They were both working at a fast food place.}

Being married, of course I would not fool around with a co-worker as it is, but if I wasn't married, I can't say that I would not consider it if I met someone that I enjoyed being with. However, a lot would depend on how I think the other person could handle it. Personally, I know from experience that I can manage staying "professional" around someone that I'm involved with, even if things aren't going well at the time {perhaps not from job experience, but I think if I can handle it in other situations, then in the workplace would not be so different}... so it would not effect my job performance. If the co-worker could not do the same or I wasn't confident that they could, then I would try to avoid any "fooling around" until I was sure they could deal with anything that might come along later.

As Storm said, if you can both do your job, then there shouldn't be any problem. You're adults.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

clgutta1977

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:23 pm
Guilty of the deed in the past....who am I to preach that it is wrong. If you can keep your head on straight and do your job, there should not be an issue. Being married, I would not at this time and if I were single, there are no men in my office that I would waste my time on. In my building yes, but in my office.....NO!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:44 pm
He would have to be along the like of Fabio or Paul Stanley for me to do that!  

Venuslady

Anissu

Dapper Werewolf

9,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:16 pm
Personally, I wouldn't find myself fooling with anyone, let alone a co-worker (being outside of a long term relationship). However, I don't look down at anyone else if they were to fool around with another co-worker.

As it has already been stated, they're adults. They will do what they want. So long as if things don't work out between the two, it doesn't provide an uncomfortable working condition, I could care less about their personal lives.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:12 pm
I'm guilty of having done that once. The relationship lasted 2 1/2 years, but it affected my performance at work the first few months. I'm in a relationship, but if I find myself single again, I doubt I'd date a coworker.  

ladybast

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:47 pm
I've done it and regretted it because when I broke up with him, it was very awkward. Granted, I was in my teens when it happened and we worked at a grocery store. I'm in a long term relationship, so there is no change of me fooling around with anyone. If I were single, I think it would depend on the person and the job. If I fear for my job, there is no chance I would make people awkward.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:53 am
um....yes I have. But to be fair we were dating before we started working together. And we are now married, and no longer working together. But to answer the question yes, I would.  

The Goddess Eclaire

14,325 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200

Pink Fregia

15,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:53 pm
I am married and would not. I also work in my church so even if not married I would not.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:33 pm
Haha I was almost gonna marry my last boss. But I probably wouldn't do that again. Besides most of my co-workers are pretty grody.  

icywind1980

Ice-Cold Neko

archbaker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:46 am
You better not marry your boss unless I somehow become your boss.

Still, I don't really see what the fuzz is about with workplace romance; lots of people dated or more in the last place I worked.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:49 pm
I've done it twice, at the same workplace. It's all a very long story but I think it works out better if either the couple lasts and/or one person leave that job.

The first time, I ended it with the guy after almost 3 years. It was very awkward (mainly because he was spreading horrible, horrible rumors about me at work, even as far as management).

The second time...fantastic. We're going on four years of dating in July, known each other about 7 years now. I left that workplace a little over a year ago but even when we were both still there it was fantastic. We fed off of each others work ethic and helped each other out and were both rewarded/commended frequently for being the best workers in our group. One possible reason for the ease of it is that we weren't in each others direct work group so we weren't at each others side the entire shift. Perhaps the space helped us. Best relationship I've ever been in.  

Honest Sarcasm

Liada Trovaras

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:15 am
That would be a "Hellz to de no" with me. I've seen too much craziness happen when people hook up in my work area so I vote on no. But hey everyone has their hit and misses when it comes to job relationships.  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff