Welcome to Gaia! ::

Arts of the Midnight

Back to Guilds

Where time is not a boundary for dreams. 

Tags: arts, painting, music, movies, randomness 

Reply AM forum
Any Good Art Books?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Can you help?
  Yes!!
  No!!
View Results

MrsMichaelJackson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:44 pm
I've been meaning to research about art, the Color Theory; painting, drawing and sculpting, etc. Are there any good book recommendations out there? I'm heading out tomorrow and I'd like to pick something up other than my fixative spray lol

By the way, the Color Theory is a really really important one, considering I'd like to work in color as I currently only work in black and white.

-MrsMichaelJackson  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:32 am
If you like manga, then anything by Christopher Hart is a good book for drawing that ;3

otherwise, the realism and other types of books are available at craft/art supply stores like A.C. Moore and Michaels.  

tequila_hikari

MrsMichaelJackson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:43 am
tequila_hikari
If you like manga, then anything by Christopher Hart is a good book for drawing that ;3

otherwise, the realism and other types of books are available at craft/art supply stores like A.C. Moore and Michaels.

I'm more for realism. Do you know any titles I should look for?

-MrsMichaelJackson  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:10 pm
I always liked Art through the ages, it's interesting to see how art evolved and how different cultures viewed it. Also it's interesting the see how the different media was used. As far as color goes just practice with it, you can use color to give depth to a piece or draw the eye or define a feeling.  

God-the-almighty

Angelic Unicorn

AM forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces