H1N1 flu advice

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bandaidd
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:08 pm
I am giving out advice rather than asking. I am an RN in an Urgent Care facility in the US and we are currently overrun with H1N1 cases. Most of these people do not need to see a doctor, though. [this information is pertinent to the US. I do not have stats for other countries]

for complete info, go to cdc.gov

Briefly:
If you have fever with cough or sore throat, you almost certainly have it. 99.6% of flu tests subtyped in the US so far have been H1N1. Regular flu season generally starts around the end of November. You may also have runny or stuffy nose, headache, body aches, chills, fatigue, vomiting or diarrhea.

If you have these, stay home. Drink lots of fluids and get extra rest. Cough into your shoulder or pillow. Wash hands frequently, especially after coughing. Alcohol sanitizers may be used instead of handwashing. Stay home until you are fever free for 24hours without tylenol or ibuprofen.

See a doctor if you are pregnant or have chronic illness. Also see a doctor if you develop chest pain, difficulty breathing, abdominal pain, sudden dizziness, mental confusion, or severe vomiting or diarrhea. Also see a doctor if you seem to recover, then come down with a cough.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:16 pm
That list of symptoms at the bottom is practically a verbatim list of side-effects for a medication my spouse is taking confused  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

bandaidd
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:22 pm
ThisEmptySoul
That list of symptoms at the bottom is practically a verbatim list of side-effects for a medication my spouse is taking confused

I hope she isn't experiencing any of those! gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:55 am
My advice: Don't pay attention, its all bullshit. Don't take the vaccine, unless your suicidal. Don't watch the news, unless you like being a sheeple.  

Shuyajin

Advice Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff