Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:38 pm
Joi had been embarrassed by her inadvertent invitation, but his reaction was slightly comforting. He didn't poke at her or anything or acknowledge it any way really so she felt relieved and off the hook. No point in dwelling. His acceptance of the offer made a little 'squee' inside her head, but she completely ignored it.

"Great, I'll just poke by the HQ then on the next full moon. Is there a specific place to find you, or should I just hollar your name real loud?" She was trying to joke, but also curious where in the HQ he stayed if she'd never seen him before.

Fantasic! He's seeming to cheer up a bit.

"Wow, she really doesn't have anything interesting to say." Joi was somewhat surprised, but still found it amusing. "My mom at least tries to stay interesting."

Tipping her head a little to the side as she listened to Criofan, Joi watched his face as he talked a little about his family. She was glad he seemed to be loosening up a bit. Meant for better socialization she thought. "Well, my sister is an emopuddle. All doom and gloom and no real reason to back it up. She talks of how meaningless everything is and how we're all just wasting our time doing anything. Not a fascinating conversationalist really. As a matter of fact, all it really makes me want to do is shove something in her mouth to shut her up." Joi chuckled as she pantomimed with her right fist hitting her left palm.

Moving around the big boulder to see if the other rock was still there, she glanced over her shoulder back at Criofan, and gave a slight little smile. "Hey, I don't suppose you have any extra free time on your hands today, do ya?"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:19 pm
It wasn't so much that he cheered up as she had got him going on something.

"I hate people like that! Being gloomy without reason is stupid. People with reason to be gloomy," like him, "are perfectly acceptable, but people who sit around and mope and complain about how things are meaningless... Great. Good for them. Now stop taking up my air and go sit in an overly sensitive corner with the lights off while writing poetry in blood." Criofan's sense of humour had become much darker and snarkier than before. This seemed to be humourous to him, though, because he was chuckling.

It was noticable that he hadn't bothered to answer the question about where he lived. Maybe he would answer later. "Extra free time? Well, my daughter Zaria decided she wanted to hang out with her cousin Vangelis today, so I've got more time on my hands than usual. Most of my time is spent doing work meant for two these days. She's got such a sweet smile, but few people know what she's hiding underneath that cheerful exterior."

Now he wasn't talking a lot because he was talking about something he hated. No, now he was talking a lot because he was bragging. Being a single father? Even if he claimed not to care one way or the other, and he really didn't all that much, he still got some sense of joy out of seeing people coo over the fact that he had a daughter, and was raising her himself.

For some reason, a lot of people found this impressive. It really wasn't that hard, besides for the fact that she destroyed everything in their apartment when she actually tried to get some sleep, but other than that she was pretty good at managing herself...

"Why? Need something?"

Seiana_ZI

Codebreaking Conversationalist

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out