Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mortal Instruments Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussions, RPing, and generally enjoying books. Mostly Cassandra Clare's, but other's as well. 

Tags: Mortal, Instruments, Infernal, Devices, Clare 

Reply Mortal Instruments Guild
More info on the mortal instruments movie...and more... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you excited for either of these?
  Yes! Of Course! Can't Wait!
  No. The movies may be bad.
  Im not sure.
  I dont care.
View Results

Elizabeta_Hungary

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:25 pm
Ok, so on C.C. Blog(there's a link from the main page of www.cassandraclare.com right now) I saw 2 things that may intrest you.

1) C.C. has finally found a movie company that is thinking about making the M.I. Series into a movie or movies. I'm not compleatly sure on the details though.

2) There may be some mortal instruments graphic novels being made.

If you want to check on any information, here's the link:

http://cassandraclare.livejournal.com/33056.html  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:17 pm
i kinda wish thet wouldnt make a movie, but then again maybe hollywood might not totally kill it. a manga series might be ok as long as the art is good. blaugh  

Ultravoilet_Roses
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100

Elizabeta_Hungary

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:34 am
Ultravoilet_Roses
i kinda wish thet wouldnt make a movie, but then again maybe hollywood might not totally kill it. a manga series might be ok as long as the art is good. blaugh

I Agree. I don't know if u liked twilight as a movie, but i compleatly hated it, cause i thought it did no justice as to how good the book is.
As for the manga, I do wish they would get someone from like, oh say, Japan, China, or Korea, cause i've seen some of the Japanese twilight art, and it looked really good.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:51 pm
A movie would be great...if they just wouldn't mess it up. HOPEFULLY, they will keep to the oringinal story line...HOPEFULLY. Thought, isn't a long book to begin with...not as long as Twilight...

A manga-version would be AWESOME! I would love to have it!

Anaya_of_Wolves

Dangerous Wolf

14,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Ultravoilet_Roses
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:24 pm
wiscaligirl
Ultravoilet_Roses

I Agree. I don't know if u liked twilight as a movie, but i compleatly hated it, cause i thought it did no justice as to how good the book is.
As for the manga, I do wish they would get someone from like, oh say, Japan, China, or Korea, cause i've seen some of the Japanese twilight art, and it looked really good.

yes lol leave manga to the pros!. and i do agree i hated the twiight movie crying i really really wanted to like it but i couldnt, i hope new moon is better 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:52 am
me too. I luv to read manga!
Anaya_of_Wolves
A movie would be great...if they just wouldn't mess it up. HOPEFULLY, they will keep to the oringinal story line...HOPEFULLY. Thought, isn't a long book to begin with...not as long as Twilight...

Elizabeta_Hungary

Elizabeta_Hungary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:54 am
Ultravoilet_Roses
wiscaligirl
Ultravoilet_Roses

yes lol leave manga to the pros!. and i do agree i hated the twiight movie crying i really really wanted to like it but i couldnt, i hope new moon is better 3nodding

Yep...though, i may not even go to see New Moon, or even watch the movie at all...i dont want to waste my money if it's gonna just end up like twilight did.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:28 pm
If they make a movie, I'm going to hurt someone if Alex Pettyfer doesn't play Jace. Seriously. He's the PERFECT Jace. And Odette Yustman has to play Isabelle or Maryse. No competition. 3nodding  

styxbeam

mai_ivey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:56 pm
Mortal Instruments manga would be my absolute dream.
However, if they make a movie, I may just kill myself. They always always always completely kill books in movies and suddenly it's super popular and stupid little fan girls are running around going 'OMG JACE' even though they don't even know what the story is about.

Sorry, for ranting guys. It touched a nerve. (:
heart Mai  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:44 pm
mai_ivey
Mortal Instruments manga would be my absolute dream.
However, if they make a movie, I may just kill myself. They always always always completely kill books in movies and suddenly it's super popular and stupid little fan girls are running around going 'OMG JACE' even though they don't even know what the story is about.

Sorry, for ranting guys. It touched a nerve. (:
heart Mai

I gotta agree with this.

For the manga - which I'm SO EXCITED FOR if it's true - I hope it's the lady who illustrated the Maximum Ride graphic novels...! Narae Lee. XD That'd be soo gorgeous. And her style isn't obviously Asian - it's almost sort of got an American-like style to it - so it wouldn't take away our ideas of the characters. <3

And movies, well ..... I root for YES if they do a -good job- of it.
Root for NO if Hollywood effs it up horrendously. I will murder them. x|  

Ealdwic
Crew

2,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Elizabeta_Hungary

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:42 am
Okay, so, cassandra clare has picked a publishing company for the graphic novel it sounds like, so, here are some links:

http://www.th3rdworld.com/
this is the company that would be publishing it i beleive, and

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/080925-Th3rd-World-Del-Rey.html
this is a link to an article about the whole deal and stuff between c.c. and the whole publishing the manga thing.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:04 pm
who doesn't?? lol

wiscaligirl
Anaya_of_Wolves

loveless_in_hell

7,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250

Elizabeta_Hungary

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:43 pm
I acctually got a friend that doesnt like reading manga, but likes to watch anime...i dont get it.
loveless_in_hell
who doesn't?? lol

wiscaligirl
Anaya_of_Wolves

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:52 pm
there crazy stare

Elizabeta_Hungary
I acctually got a friend that doesnt like reading manga, but likes to watch anime...i dont get it.
loveless_in_hell
who doesn't?? lol

wiscaligirl
Anaya_of_Wolves

loveless_in_hell

7,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
Mortal Instruments Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items