Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Advice Forum
Avionics Engineering Graduate looking for work: Advice?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I just quit a solid job with the Navy. I am a
Idiot. Ever heard of the GFC?
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Lucky kid: Better to get out early than to get locked in after the 90 day trial period...
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

Oshousama_Raistlin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:55 am
Hey all,

I graduated at the beginning of this year with a degree in Avionics Engineering, and after spending a few months in the Navy I now know that the military and living away from family/friends is not for me. So I resigned from the Navy, and have finally been discharged.

My plan is to apply to any engineering firm that's offering a graduate program in engineering fields similar to avionics (Electrical, Software, Electronics). As a back-up plan, I have also enrolled for another university degree (Commerce, majoring in Accounting/Finance) starting next year.

Tips or thoughts?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:37 am
that sounds very cool - but I'm just wondering why apply for another degree? Are you not interested a higher degree in a related field to your current degree - like say a master's degree? Applying at a firm could be a good idea, since they may pay for your education hopefully the economy is not effecting too much private business. Another idea is look for a related job to your degree at a University and then pursue a degree at that institute - often Universities offer discounted, if not free, tuition to their employees.

Best of luck!

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

Advice Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas