4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
can I have gold now?
22%
 22%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 22

Kamui_kusinagi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:06 pm
I don't know if this is the place to post this, but I find this topic to be pretty serious so here goes.

I never knew how to bring this up to anyone except my girlfriend and a friend of mine during college, but during college, I was looking for help with things other than what most people could give me. So, I started experimenting and surprisingly came in contact with my animal guide. To my astonishment (even though it should have been no actual surprise at all) it happened to be Raven. At first I thought I was going crazy, so I asked for conformation (keep in mind, I am of a spiritual nature, but I've never communicated with any being non-physical previously). Next day, me and my girl are driving around, and sure enough, there were two ravens sitting on a dumpster staring at me. Now normally I wouldn't have thought anything of it, but to see them the very next day after finding out and not even 5 minutes after leaving my apartment. What made it even more of a comformation was the fact that up until that point, in the region that I lived at that point, at most i've only noticed crows, never any ravens. But since then I've been trying to keep a relationship with Raven but it really hasn't been easy as with the time restraints it's been hard to communicate.

There's still times it feels like I'm having a delayed "imaginary" friend syndrom so I was hoping to find any others who might have similar experiances.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:15 pm
Mine is the White Wolf....  

Venuslady

Kamui_kusinagi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:58 pm
That's cool, ironically the friend I mentioned also has the White Wolf. Must admit, didn't expect that when I started the post.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:06 pm
Mine is the Owl  

gldnphnx13

lunaci

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:18 pm
How do you find your spirit animal?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:37 pm
lunaci
How do you find your spirit animal?

Well, there's a few methods I know of and I believe one size does not fit all in this case. Personally, I took the imagery meditative route and visulized a scene (devoid of any other creature other than myself) that made me feel the most at peace. I then waited patiently after politely asking the creature to reveal itself. (How you ask is up to you as long as your not rude about it). Also, after the initial meeting, be sure to ask for confirmation, and thank it for appearing to you. If you recieve confirmation, you will know intuitivly. (With this method, you must be extremely patient, and it would be good to learn meditation techniques first before trying if you don't already know of any. Also keep in mind at all times that anyting worth having will take time, I've heard it sometimes taking up to three weeks before some peoples guides appeared before them).

Anyway, you could also go on a vision quest, however doing that is very risky so I personally wouldn't advise it. (If you do decide this though, do hard core research first).

There is also the really simple method of self discovery, by figuring out which animal you are truly intuned with. (I.E say...you like dogs alot, so much so dogs appear in your dreams as some sort of sign constantly, and/or you share a natural emotional connection with the species etc..) There are other methods of course, it's possible the other people who spoke up here might also have some good methods for you to try.

Ones guide is to be respected as they show up for your benefit. And it could of very well not want to show itself yet, though never be discouraged. Also, no matter the method you choose, try not to have preconcieved notions/expectations on what it will be as it can affect the outcome (it could mean the differance between a guide and an imaginary friend). And also never be angry if it's not what you'd expect.

You can also find some tips by doing research as well.  

Kamui_kusinagi

The Goddess Eclaire

14,325 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:06 am
Butterflys  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:05 am
I've often wondered if I'm fascinated by wolves because it is my spirit guide, or I want it to be my guide because I'm fascinated by them. neutral Hopefully some day I'll know.  

Laserwulf

5,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Fallicious Flavor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:46 pm
I'm really not too sure, but a combination of dreams that I've had brought about 3 possible candidates. First one is the Deer, second is the Bat, the last is bird-like, but I cannot tell you what sort of bird. I always see myself in my dreams as growing a pair of wings. Sometimes they are bat wings, other times they are large ash-grey bird wings.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:29 pm
I don't know if this will make any sense, but it may be significant. As a child, we found a raven or a crow (I can't remember which) with a broken wing. We took this bird in and nursed it back to health and then released it when it was healed. I was probably around 3 or 4 years old.

Later, when I was around 9 years old and we had moved, I was outside playing with a friend and a huge Raven perched upon a wooden fence right where we were playing. It allowed me to get right up next to it and pet it. My friend was astonished and I invited my friend to pet the bird as well and as I talked calmly to it and assured the bird it was okay, my friend was able to pet this wild bird as well. It sat there for several minutes (I want to say at least 15) and let us interact with it.

I can't remember if this bird habitually hung around my home, but I do remember seeing it habitually at my school. Now I don't know if this makes a Raven my spirit animal or what, but I've never had an experience such as this ever again.  

JustinShowcase

6,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

Miss Chocobo

Dangerous Seeker

12,250 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:29 pm
Cool topic. I wish I knew what was mine, I'll just have to take the time to notice the animals that come in my life ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:21 pm
@Laserwulf- I think it might be a good possability that the wolf is you're guide as a very strong liking to a certain creature could be a hint. Although, I can't tell anyone anything for certain.

@Lucid- From others I have talked with, I do believe it is possible to have more than one guide at one time..it's also possible for your guides to change through out your life according to your life situations.

@Justin- It honestly makes perfect sense. Animal guides are known to send physical reps. When you recieve a particular totem, it usually represents the whole species. The fact you helped one out, you inturn helped them all out. That could have been the raven's way of saying it's got your back.

@Tidus- If you wish to know then don't worry, it'll probably reveal itself to you in due time.

Sorry my replies take so long. I've been quite busy (still) with the job hunt a long with a few other issues which keep arising.  

Kamui_kusinagi

HardQuor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:26 pm
I don't believe in totems or spirit guides. I don't think it out of the ordinary for someone to feel that they relate strongly to certain animals over others, though. For instance, I'm very much a panda person. I'm fat, lazy, Chinese, cute, yet not prone to fornication, even in the face of extinction. xp  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:48 pm
I believe in animal guides as Gods way of comunicating with us through things on earth that we could associate to. In a way. It's hard to explain. For instance I have had many close encounters with animals and they seem just to come and be comfortable around me, I respect them enough not to touch them unless they really give me the vibe that is what they want. I'm not sure If I am of a few people that possibly have more than one animal guide. I do believe you can have more than one. I for instance will have dreams with a pack of wolves and depending on what they are doing or how they are acting in my dreams I have found out that it means something is going to happen to me or my family, so I believe that the wolves are (family matters). I also have dreams with Bears and that is often a huge amount of powerful anger and something that will be coming to hurt me specifically through someone else (possibly not a family member), this seems to be the same when I have a dream about a wildcat except that it is more of a sneak attack than something I can see heading straight at me that I am unable to avoid such as the bear.  

VodkaLeona

Serious Conversations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff