I blame Lupin III Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pirulaso

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:35 am
I mean really just cause you eliminated all bad people doesn't mean there won't be later... That's kind of the point of the whole Noah's Ark thing

Think about all the people who don't have criminal records... Abusive parents and spouses, murderers who were never found or identified, people judged innocent... I mean Light has the power to give death but he's not omnipotent either  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:44 am
pirulaso
I mean really just cause you eliminated all bad people doesn't mean there won't be later... That's kind of the point of the whole Noah's Ark thing

Think about all the people who don't have criminal records... Abusive parents and spouses, murderers who were never found or identified, people judged innocent... I mean Light has the power to give death but he's not omnipotent either
Well, I'd probably punish a thief by breaking every bone in his hands so he could never steal again. Rapists... castration. Murderers, death.

But in the grand scheme of things, simply killing them would create a world where people wouldn't dare commit crimes unless they wanted to die or were very brave/stupid.  

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100

pirulaso

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:50 am
Rei Inaba
pirulaso

Well, I'd probably punish a thief by breaking every bone in his hands so he could never steal again. Rapists... castration. Murderers, death.

But in the grand scheme of things, simply killing them would create a world where people wouldn't dare commit crimes unless they wanted to die or were very brave/stupid.
Yeah, cause that's how well it works in countries today. In Malayasia, they hand people found with a certain amount of marijuana. They still have a huge drug problem. In the end, people are going to take risks to get what they want. If they're starving they're going to steal food. If they want security for their family, they're going to join a gang or buy an illegal gun. Scaring them with death will never work, maybe as a people we're just illogical that way.

And if someone is wrongfully accused and castrated? These kind of things are why we don't allow cruel and unusual punishment in our country ( I know about Guatanamo, so clearly we're not even doing that right)

Ha, also please respond to the other post too. I still want to know why its not murder  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:51 am
pirulaso
Rei Inaba
pirulaso
Rei Inaba
pirulaso
Ha, This is weird after seeing the hiroshima thread you posted the other day...

That's what I kind of thought was unrealistic about the whole story... Cause in reality, if it wasn't for L somehow figureing it out, the CIA and police would never figure it out. Its an insane pattern with a weapon we've no idea exists. The fact that Light did get caught in the end is kind of bizarre.

And I really don't think the CIA would stop after their entire operation in Japan just died at once. That'd probably make them try harder cause there's some kind of super weapon there

I can see you really like getting into their mind sets. You like to imagine being that person. I personally don't, I enjoy watching things as a whole like a play.
I also look at Light's results. In a few years he created a world with no war and drastically reduced crime. Who wouldn't want that?
Probably the millions of people who just had family members die because they had a rap sheet. Were the con artists who helped take down the businessmen, did they really deserve instant death?

Ha, genocide is nothing new, it's not that Light's actions shocked or traumatized me. I simply don't agree with it. I don't see ends justify the
means. I feel like you might just be playing devil's advocate.
No, I just heard his plan at the start of the series, sounds like a good plan. Wipe out all the bad people so only good people remain. Of course the governments would mistake it for murder, but who cares what they think?
Ha, those plans usually only work if your judgement is infallible.

And I gotta ask why is not murder?
I'll go with "It's only murder because the modern "civilized" governments say it is, and in other governments past and maybe present, a civilian killing someone for a crime when his life was not in danger would not be looked upon as a vile act but rather a heroic one."  

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:53 am
pirulaso
Rei Inaba
pirulaso

Yeah, cause that's how well it works in countries today. In Malayasia, they hand people found with a certain amount of marijuana. They still have a huge drug problem. In the end, people are going to take risks to get what they want. If they're starving they're going to steal food. If they want security for their family, they're going to join a gang or buy an illegal gun. Scaring them with death will never work, maybe as a people we're just illogical that way.

And if someone is wrongfully accused and castrated? These kind of things are why we don't allow cruel and unusual punishment in our country ( I know about Guatanamo, so clearly we're not even doing that right)

Ha, also please respond to the other post too. I still want to know why its not murder
I still admire heroes like The Punisher. Hate me all you want for it but he doesn't wait for the law to deal with the mafia, he shows up and solves the mob problem with bullets.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:03 pm
Rei Inaba
pirulaso
Rei Inaba
pirulaso
Rei Inaba
pirulaso
Ha, This is weird after seeing the hiroshima thread you posted the other day...

That's what I kind of thought was unrealistic about the whole story... Cause in reality, if it wasn't for L somehow figureing it out, the CIA and police would never figure it out. Its an insane pattern with a weapon we've no idea exists. The fact that Light did get caught in the end is kind of bizarre.

And I really don't think the CIA would stop after their entire operation in Japan just died at once. That'd probably make them try harder cause there's some kind of super weapon there

I can see you really like getting into their mind sets. You like to imagine being that person. I personally don't, I enjoy watching things as a whole like a play.
I also look at Light's results. In a few years he created a world with no war and drastically reduced crime. Who wouldn't want that?
Probably the millions of people who just had family members die because they had a rap sheet. Were the con artists who helped take down the businessmen, did they really deserve instant death?

Ha, genocide is nothing new, it's not that Light's actions shocked or traumatized me. I simply don't agree with it. I don't see ends justify the
No, I just heard his plan at the start of the series, sounds like a good plan. Wipe out all the bad people so only good people remain. Of course the governments would mistake it for murder, but who cares what they think?

I'll go with "It's only murder because the modern "civilized" governments say it is, and in other governments past and maybe present, a civilian killing someone for a crime when his life was not in danger would not be looked upon as a vile act but rather a heroic one."
Ha, how does that apply to Light? He's not in self defense if he's the original murderer.

Our government doesn't put people away for self defense. Unless by self defense, they did a pre-emptive strike and murdered a bunch of people. A good example would be that guy in NYC during the 90's who offed four black kids who were mugging him with a screw driver. One screw driver between the four of them. so he pulls out a gun, the kids freak and tried to run away. And he blasted all of them... And he got away with it. So how does our government not see it as heroic?

I like the Punisher. He is actually a character who only kills bad people. And that's cause he picks a very small organization to kill... The Mob. His life would probably be a lot easier if he killed every cop he runs into and tries to stop him, but he doesn't. He's never crossed that line.

Ha, I don't hate you. I just feel like there's inconcistancies in your throughts... Maybe you have a crush on Light or something, I dunno. And you're not the only person who has had hypocritical moments either. So please, don't get out of this that I think you're evil or stupid or anything.  

pirulaso

Dapper Lunatic

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:12 pm
pirulaso
Rei Inaba
pirulaso
Rei Inaba
pirulaso

Ha, how does that apply to Light? He's not in self defense if he's the original murderer.

Our government doesn't put people away for self defense. Unless by self defense, they did a pre-emptive strike and murdered a bunch of people. A good example would be that guy in NYC during the 90's who offed four black kids who were mugging him with a screw driver. One screw driver between the four of them. so he pulls out a gun, the kids freak and tried to run away. And he blasted all of them... And he got away with it. So how does our government not see it as heroic?

I like the Punisher. He is actually a character who only kills bad people. And that's cause he picks a very small organization to kill... The Mob. His life would probably be a lot easier if he killed every cop he runs into and tries to stop him, but he doesn't. He's never crossed that line.
I still say Light was not a murderer. He dealt justice to evildoers. The "good" people he killed were getting in the way of justice.

If I had superpowers though, I wouldn't merely enforce the law like that wimp Superman, I'd be the law like The Punisher.

But enemies are enemies and be they crooks or cops, if they are too much of a nuisance, too bad for them. My apologies to their husband/wife and/or children but they got in the way of justice.

I see it as wimpy that the government treats killing a person for a crime as murder if your life wasn't threatened.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:17 pm
Rei Inaba
pirulaso
Rei Inaba
pirulaso
Rei Inaba
pirulaso

If I had superpowers though, I wouldn't merely enforce the law like that wimp Superman, I'd be the law like The Punisher.

But enemies are enemies and be they crooks or cops, if they are too much of a nuisance, too bad for them. My apologies to their husband/wife and/or children but they got in the way of justice.

I see it as wimpy that the government treats killing a person for a crime as murder if your life wasn't threatened.
Ha, can I ask how old you are?

Judge Dredd is the Law!

Awwwwwwwwwwwww, I like Superman.  

pirulaso

Dapper Lunatic

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:17 pm
pirulaso
Ha, I don't hate you. I just feel like there's inconcistancies in your throughts... Maybe you have a crush on Light or something, I dunno. And you're not the only person who has had hypocritical moments either. So please, don't get out of this that I think you're evil or stupid or anything.
Crush? Eww. I just like heroes who enforce justice even if it means using "illegal" methods. I'd be the same kind of hero if I had the power to get away with it.

And if I make enemies with those methods, cop or crook, getting in the way of justice is bad. So in that case, my apologies to the wives or husbands and/or children of any law enforcement people who are a slave to the government's law.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:19 pm
pirulaso
Rei Inaba
pirulaso
Rei Inaba
pirulaso

Judge Dredd is the Law!

26. And I like Superman too... but if I had his powers I'd use them based off principles, practicality and efficiency, not the law of the land I was in.  

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100

pirulaso

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:21 pm
Rei Inaba
pirulaso
Rei Inaba
pirulaso
Rei Inaba
pirulaso

Judge Dredd is the Law!

26. And I like Superman too... but if I had his powers I'd use them based off principles, practicality and efficiency, not the law of the land I was in.
Ha, I'm a little weirded out that you're older than me. I kind of thought you were like 21 at the most

So what? You'd dominate the planet and kill everyone you could see doing something wrong with your laser beam eyes from space?

That sounds great if you're Superman and terrifying if you're everyone else.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:26 pm
pirulaso
Rei Inaba
pirulaso
Rei Inaba
pirulaso

Judge Dredd is the Law!

Ha, I'm a little weirded out that you're older than me. I kind of thought you were like 21 at the most

So what? You'd dominate the planet and kill everyone you could see doing something wrong with your laser beam eyes from space?

I wouldn't kill everybody, just serious offenders, I'd probably let the smaller ones go with a (painful) warning not to do it again.

I wouldn't try to dominate the planet either. Too much responsibility.  

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100

pirulaso

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:44 pm
Rei Inaba
pirulaso
Rei Inaba
pirulaso
Rei Inaba
pirulaso

Judge Dredd is the Law!

I wouldn't kill everybody, just serious offenders, I'd probably let the smaller ones go with a (painful) warning not to do it again.

I wouldn't try to dominate the planet either. Too much responsibility.
You're going to let Responcibility get in your way?! So lazy...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:01 pm
When it comes to the comic book justice you can't do much better then the Punisher.

Both the joker and Lex luthor said it best. "You could have easily stopped me any time you want. But you never go that extra step. All those people I've hurt and killed can just as easily be laid at your feet!"

There was a "Bizzaro" kind of episode where superman was handing out laser lobotomies to all the bad guys. it is one way to solve the problem. that or kneecapping them every time they majorly break the law.  

Magnus DeWinter

Savage Husband

18,640 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

pirulaso

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:20 pm
Magnus DeWinter
When it comes to the comic book justice you can't do much better then the Punisher.

Both the joker and Lex luthor said it best. "You could have easily stopped me any time you want. But you never go that extra step. All those people I've hurt and killed can just as easily be laid at your feet!"

There was a "Bizzaro" kind of episode where superman was handing out laser lobotomies to all the bad guys. it is one way to solve the problem. that or kneecapping them every time they majorly break the law.
Ha, I never understood why they kept putting the Joker in an insane asylem. Really, if anyone in real life pulled half the stuff he did, they'd be labelled a terrorist and shot on sight.  
Movies TV Shows Books Comics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff