Reply 15. ✿ - - - Polls And Questions
What is your definition of a nerd? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaiyle Brightblade

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:47 am
Title says all. When you think of the most stereotypical nerd or group of nerds, what do you come up with? You can discuss appearances, personality, hobbies, or anything else you think is relevant.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:10 am
Well i know im a nerd.
I have glasses, i love ster trek and star wars, I made high honnor role, I can kick anyone's butt at video games, i read nonstop, and im hated by every living thing because im different.  

finalfantasyfreak1O1

Musical Doll

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:57 am
finalfantasyfreak1O1
Well i know im a nerd.
I have glasses, i love ster trek and star wars, I made high honnor role, I can kick anyone's butt at video games, i read nonstop, and im hated by every living thing because im different.

I consider that being an uber geek.

I define things like "Nerd", "Geek", and "Dork" as:

1.) A nerd is almost without a doubt someone who is intelligent but lacks social skills or skills with pretty much anything else.

2.) A geek is a nerd that can socialize well enough to the point where they're not considered social outcasts. More often than not they are into video games and/or manga and anime or just things in general that are not a common interest among the so-called "normal's" in society. (ever noticed how there are gamers who hate anime and the like but almost ever anime and manga fan are into video games? Funny <<).

3.) A dork is... well someone with little to no social skills, average/below average intelligence, and aren't really good at much of anything. See; Napoleon Dynamite. Lmao.

I'm a geek. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:24 pm
I think SherlockDoll had it...

A nerd is someone of high-intellegence and little social expirence...

A geek is someone also generally smart, with poor social skills, but is really involved in what they do. Like DnD.

I personally count myself as "gerd" or a "neek". As I fall somewhere in the fine line that separates the two.  

Hester Peche

Perfect Genius

nine-step waltz

Tipsy Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:57 pm
User Image

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
=/ I prefer not to label people therefore I have no characteristics of what one would be at all.

But as for the generic view society places on the word, I believe the ones above me have covered it nicely.
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:02 pm
Some one who is highly intelligent, generally nice, with a weird dress sense, and endless amounts of useless knowledge.

So me, only I'm not really nice.  

iGrunny E M O

lEnmity

950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:41 am
In the dictionary;
Nerd
- a stupid, irritating, ineffectual, or unattractive person.
- an intelligent but single-minded person obsessed with a nonsocial hobby or pursuit: a computer nerd.

My own definition;
Nerd
- sexy, awesome, intelligent person, someone who studies a lot. xD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:45 am
I personaly can't say.... I guess I'd be considered a geek.  

Iceestar

6,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

u nd i

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:52 am
Geeks and nerds are totally different.

Anyhow, a nerd someone lacking on social skills, lives on the interne,t in films, books and so forth. Most importantly, they do not boast about it. All of those twatty girls out there that say "luk at me, im a anime nerrrrd bishie!!111!!" are wrong. There is no such thing as an anime nerd, and those girls are often idiotic and ignorant. It really annoys me because I am a real one. I don't need to shout out to the world because I know I am inside. And it's not even something to be proud of. I do shamefully sad things with my time, as real nerds do, but nobody needs to know that!

Also, nerds are not cool and not attractive. I don't know why people think they are, they obviously have never seen a real one. They are the people who axe their "social" lives to stay on the internet. They prefer technology to humans.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:58 pm
In the dictionary, find the deinition of "Nerd". You will find a picture of me and my boyfriend next to it.

And I met a nerd-hater on the manga edit thread!! gonk And she likes Beyonce and Disney (Disneay has gone down the Toilet of Shame >_> It used to be awesome, but now not so much. I miss Kim Possible. That was mah show! biggrin )

Did you know Dr. Sues invented the word "nerd"?

And to the person above me: I think nerds are intellegant, otherwise I would be insulting my self. I fit the "obbsessed" thing. *points to my siggy, and avatar companion* Nuff said. But I guess I'm atractive, but not in a steriotypical way, like a model for example. I'm cute, thats what I am, and brains ARE sexy! And I'm not scial. I think the first definition of nerd comes for those who can't accept those who are different, thus that is where the "annoying un-attractive" thing comes from. I think annoyingness is realative. Like I find music with a heavy overwhealmin beat is annoying, yet other people love it. :/  

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

You Son of A Santa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:57 am
the stereotypical nerd?
well usually with glasses, tucked in shirt, bowtie etc.
is really smart
spends most of the time studying and doing all the extra homework they ASKED for
like to play chess
wont go near a sports field
gets beat up alot
only talks to other nerds

and so on
but thats like totally steriotypical lol  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:10 pm
i think of geek and nerd as different than you guys do, i see.

i think of a geek as more of a Steve Urkel-type person, and a nerd as a more trendy geek...with friends.  

AThousandLullabies

5,650 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Matron Mord Sith

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:13 pm
Well, I'm smart, I play World of Warcraft, I'm pro at Halo, I play DnD, I can school any one at the game soul caliber, I've watched every Zombie movie, I have my own zombie plans, and I have posters of video game characters on my walls.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:17 pm
Matron Mord Sith
I can school any one at the game soul caliber.

ah soul caliber, my one true love  

AThousandLullabies

5,650 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

ii Toxic_Markers ii

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:21 pm
Hester Peche
A nerd is someone of high-intellegence and little social expirence...

Also just look at me sweatdrop lmfao... I am a complete tech. nerd; read 24/7; I'm traveling 2 states over next weekend just to go play in a huge honors band <3; I get good grades; in honors classes for every class (except English... that class despises me); And I honest to god purposely got the huge big black rimmed glasses instead of the small ones blaugh
And *big nerd fit coming* me and my friend Zach (tuba player) either play chess against each other at lunch or discuss Zelda >_>  
15. ✿ - - - Polls And Questions

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff