Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)
"I pledge allegiance to the EARTH..." what the crap!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

eldestboy29

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:51 pm
Alright is it just me or has anyone else heard the "I pledge allegiance to the earth and all the life it supports, one planet in our care, irreplaceable, with sustenance and respect for all"

What kind of crap are some people are making up!

Respond if you heard it or just say what you want to about it.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:10 pm
I guess an environmentalist group wrote it. Actually it kinda is catchy, don't think it will replace the current pledge any time soon but who knows, maybe world peace may eventually work in the world.  

Hoarfrost Dirge

Dangerous Raider

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:06 pm
I think the Pledge of Allegiance in itself is kind of dumb, but this is certainly no worse. I've never heard this, but I like the idea.

I dunno about anyone else, but I'd feel more comfortable allying myself to the planet than any one country anyway. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:23 pm
Ravenwolf
I think the Pledge of Allegiance in itself is kind of dumb, but this is certainly no worse. I've never heard this, but I like the idea.

I dunno about anyone else, but I'd feel more comfortable allying myself to the planet than any one country anyway. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

THIS  

ArikaiHart

cladestine

nuGen Staff Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:43 pm
Koma_Nagura 0
I guess an environmentalist group wrote it. Actually it kinda is catchy, don't think it will replace the current pledge any time soon but who knows, maybe world peace may eventually work in the world.

sorry to bust your bubble, but for as long as people exist, there will never be world peace. Humanity is constantly at war with itself. -Leans back and smiles- Chaos and Anarchy is the true nature of life. Its much more tolerable than the rules, laws, patterns that humans make to feel important.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:26 pm
cladestine
Koma_Nagura 0

sorry to bust your bubble, but for as long as people exist, there will never be world peace. Humanity is constantly at war with itself. -Leans back and smiles- Chaos and Anarchy is the true nature of life. Its much more tolerable than the rules, laws, patterns that humans make to feel important.
Oh look, you're trying to be different. ^_^
Chaos and Anarchy are a part of life, not it's defining characteristic. Look at all the animals in the world, they follow rules that have been set into their genes. People also have made rules and guidelines to live to the fullest. Without them, people would fall into similar minded groups that then go on to make their own rules. (tribes) These then would fight against each other to either: A) keep their principles in their society. B) Make others follow their own principles to grow their society.
It's important since, otherwise, people become solitude and have higher chances of dying. Then, to keep everything stable, people make rules to reduce any risks that may arise. (killing others, stealing, etc)
Law and Order are just as much a part of life as Chaos and Anarchy.

That being said, unifying everyone under one law or religion may never happen since that is one of the things that will bring about the end of humanity via the Anti-Christ. More people would rally against such actions for fear of said character.  

Kazuma Ishimaru

Vice Captain

Timely Advisor

cladestine

nuGen Staff Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:44 pm
Kazuma Ishimaru
cladestine
Koma_Nagura 0

Oh look, you're trying to be different. ^_^
Chaos and Anarchy are a part of life, not it's defining characteristic. Look at all the animals in the world, they follow rules that have been set into their genes. People also have made rules and guidelines to live to the fullest. Without them, people would fall into similar minded groups that then go on to make their own rules. (tribes) These then would fight against each other to either: A) keep their principles in their society. B) Make others follow their own principles to grow their society.
It's important since, otherwise, people become solitude and have higher chances of dying. Then, to keep everything stable, people make rules to reduce any risks that may arise. (killing others, stealing, etc)
Law and Order are just as much a part of life as Chaos and Anarchy.

That being said, unifying everyone under one law or religion may never happen since that is one of the things that will bring about the end of humanity via the Anti-Christ. More people would rally against such actions for fear of said character.

You make a decent point. but laws only exist becuase people say they do. People crave structure. It represents saftey. But with animals, it about survival of the fittest. Ie: If you're weak, old, ect.. you die. it is not very orderly, but it is just how life is.
To humans, life is a balance of chaos and order. To every other critter, its do what you can to not just exist, but survive, and make your lineage continue.  
Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games