Submit

How does it sound?
  Cool
  Lame
  umm..
View Results

ilinkzeldi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:03 pm
I'm a good writer and idea person, but my drawing skills need work. So I was wondering if I could find an artist to collaborate with me in making a manga. Everything would be split fifty-fifty, the manga ideas and writing up to me and drawing up to them. I think we could make a great webcomic..

Well anyway heres my idea so far..

Main Plot- The Basic Idea to grasp would be that fifteen years after a massive chain of earthquakes, the ruins of New York City have been cut off from the rest of the world and are controlled by crimminal activity. These groups have power by using hot juice, contaminated alcohol which unlocks superpowers in a person when entoxicated. The head gang live royal lives while the people of the streets suffer. Thus many other small gangs are forming in hopes of destroying the skyrave ground which is currently in power.

JIshin Nagaremono
In the year 2017 an unpredictable chain of earthquakes strike and ruin most of New York City. While most survivors moved to New New York City, the homeless flooded the streets of the now ruined city. Soon Old New York came under the control of various gangs. However supremacy over the city is not determined by deceit or political power, but by one’s booze. It’s common knowledge that booze is the essential part of a Hobo’s diverse diet, yet when the earthquake occured nuclear waste poured into the city’s breweries, contaminating the alcohol. Now 2032 the areas various gangs and groups have discovered that the contaminated alchohol has a genetic enhancing quality that bestows strange abilities to those entoxicated (Called Hotjuice) . However the ideal effect only works on a certain few and the power bestowed depends on the person. With no police control the city is now in desperate need of a leader. That’s where Likkys arrives, who is nicknamed the baby, as he was the last child born in the city. Usually careless, he is on a much more serious quest to find his last name, which died along with his parents once the quakes began. Likkys is rather booksmart, but lacks the common sense to be street smart which is all that matters in Old New York. Thus usually depends on others to guide him.

On the verge of being mugged he is rescued by a canadian named Leto, who had been touring new York as a fifth grader when the quakes began. Despite his generically canadian appearance, he is surprisingly intelligent as he is the first to realize Likkys’s hot juice potential, when he beats back a small gang after getting drunk. Leto brings likkys back to show the rest of the group he had gathered, a japanese teenager named saito whom everybody mistakes as a ninja (Though the only combat training he has had is fencing), A convict named Greaser who came to old New York to hide, and a goth named Hideki. After bearing witness to Likkys’s Hot Juice abilities they elect him the leader of their gang (Jishin) and together vow to overthrow the current gang in power and live the good life that is offered by that high seat.

Characters:

Likkys- A Young Albino with unnaturally high hot juice talent. He was the last child to be born in Old York City, given birth to on the exact day of the first quake. When entoxicated he gains the ability to move the earth and cause seismic quakes if pushed far enough. However he is a horrible drunk as well and will often lose control. His distinguishing factors are his white hair, pale blue eyes, and most often wears an old Yankees Jersey. Unlike the rest of the group which seek the extravagance that comes with being the gang in power, he seeks only to use his influence to find his own last name. Likkys also hates the taste of alcohol, preferring to drink diet coke. He lacks common sense and direction and thus despite his strength depends upon others.

Leto-A canadian who was on vacation with his parents at the start of the quakes. Unfortanately they were seperated and he was presumed dead. However he survived by mere luck. Thus his hot juice ability is luck, usually bending chance within a fight to screw over his opponents. Despite his cunning he is a very cliched canadian, ending every sentence with AY, and wearing a large maple leaf on his shirt. He is the brains of the group and the first to meet likkys. Leto is tall and slender with purple hair.

Saito- A Japanese student who was stranded in Old York while trying to evacuate citizens. He has a very bishounen appearance and is often mistaken for a ninja for his acrobatic abilities. Yet his calm demeanor lets him do great in a fight. He has long black hair, which falls to his shoulders, and most of the time tied back. He uses a wooden sword to fight since all of the real ones have been taken skyrave. His hot juice abilities are wind manipulations which give him unnatural speed. If drunk enough he can even pass the speed of sound, yet he risks his own welfare at this stage. He wears a pair of jeans and a white T-shirt most of the time.

Greaser- A seventeen year old crook who has spent most of his life in and out of prison, escaping from the police he hid within Old York City, where he knew none of them had the balls to go looking for him. He wears a leather jacket over a black an white striped shirt and jeans most often and usually greases his hair back. He has the worst attitude of the gang, yet there was no tragic backstory, he was simply born bad. Greaser’s hot juice abilities allow him to change objects into oil, which he most often lights on fire, thus earning the nickname Greaser.

Carmel- The only female member of the gang, who despite being the heaviest drinker lacks any hotjuice abilities. Despite her weak nature she prefers to protect herself through trickery than rely on other members of the gang. She is an infamous pickpocket who brags that she was once able to steal booze from Old York’s current gang head. She is of average height, with short pink hair.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:09 pm
I can't be the artist, but the story seems kinda interesting. Also, the Canadian "AY" is usually written as "Eh?" For example, there's a book called "Eh? to Zed" (we Canadians also say "zed", not "zee").
http://www.amazon.ca/Eh-Zed-Kevin-Major/dp/0889952221
You also have some spelling mistakes and you capitalize some letters that don't need to be capitalized, so be careful about that if you find an artist and bring this project to life.  

Zantetsken

enchantedsleeper

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:25 am
I'm a writer, not an artist, but do you mind if I offer some critique on your idea? Also, I'd say that trying to split the work '50-50', while nice-sounding, is actually a common pitfall of writers looking for artists. I've read some opinions from established webcomic artists who say that the best basis for a collaboration is one where both members have input on the art and the writing. They work together to build an idea from the ground up, and that way they both have an investment in the work - all of it - and care more about keeping it going. For a writer to try finding an artist for an idea that they've already decided the details of, and expecting them to just churn out comic pages of characters they don't necessarily like or care about, is a bit unfair. But if you come to them with a concept - a 'post-apocalyptic', gang-ruled New York City inhabited by various superpowered humans - and then work out the details together from there, it will go much better. And of course, it gives you equal right as the writer to make comments on the artwork, suggest improvements, etc.

Also, I have to object to this sentence straight off:

ilinkzeldi
Despite his generically canadian appearance, he is surprisingly intelligent

What, like Canadians aren't supposed to be intelligent? >.>;; Even if that wasn't what you meant, you need to watch your wording, and your use of stereotypes. But I'll elaborate more on that in the critique if you don't mind me writing one.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:17 am
i would love to be your artist it really sounds fun and i thinks its a great idea  

kyoko princess

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Zombie Swagger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:41 pm
Yeah! I'm 15 with an IQ of 128, and I don't end all my sentences with Eh? And yes, it is Eh not Ay. We aren't greeting people dammit. Also, we hate strategically.  
Comic Creators/Manga-ka

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games