Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaia Wrestling Network

Back to Guilds

A guide to help run g-feds, develop characters and more. 

Tags: entertainment, Wrestling, guides, help, owner 

Reply The Gaia Wrestling Network
Why is your guild doomed to fail?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukari Clepsydra
Vice Captain

Swashbuckling Sentai

15,250 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:16 am
These are the things that I've noticed that newer guilds tend to do when making a new guild and why it's of course doomed to fail.

1. Newbies don't establish themselves in a main stream guild (I've provided a list of some) before they make their own. It's "Here I am! Join my guild! Never mind who I am! My guild is better than all the others!"

2. Newbies don't really offer to help out with other guilds. In hindsight they don't have to be crew or anything but anything to ease their work load goes a long way. From personal experience I offered to help out in several guilds and that's how I became a crew member.

3. Newbies tend to stick together in joining n00bish owned guilds. Possibly because they think they can win easy titles. These really mean nothing to be honest.

4. Newbies don't know how to book. (I've discussed this) they rarely ask questions, pay attention to storylines and everything that goes around in a guild.

5. Some of them aren't Original, they name guilds WWF, WCW etc. Most of them don't research in naming their guild.

6. They add words that are way over done to their guild name. These include but are not limited to: Ultimate, Ultra, Awesome, Supreme, Elite, Hardcore, Extreme, X-treme, Insane, New Breed, Wicked or any combination tend to be turn off points.

7. Half of them make a guild, and cannot stick with it. They'll either make the guild and constantly re-name it or make an entirely new one. We should get it into their heads that if they cannot commit to a guild, then they shouldn't bother at all (at least in this present state) it would just be a waste of theirs and everyone else's time.

Marxx
8. Don't invite Assholes in, unless you want "newbie" bashing all the way. It is normal to do mistakes the first time you try such things and to run in and just laugh at them in their face is nothing to help them improve, but it simply motivate them to quit. Many people with potential we lost because of that. I may be controversial, but I felt like something could have been done with Blackrose back in the day if it wasn't from all the constant bashing he was a victim of. At least he was literate and knew how to write a good post, which is already 2-3 steps over most people who does that for the first time.

TimHaynie

Why is it doomed to failure?
When crew decided not to help out any more. You either have to do everything by yourself, or get new crew.

ProtoWolf 2.0
And after all of these ideas and rules, there is one more thing, the most important thing of all.

You need a little luck, or else your guild is doomed to fail. You can have the greatest guild ideas of all time, but without the luck and the activity of your members, your guild cannot make it off the ground. It all comes back to activity, which is something that you just cannot inspire in everyone. It's not possible. You need a little luck that your members are gonna help you out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:08 pm
--edited--  

Yukari Clepsydra
Vice Captain

Swashbuckling Sentai

15,250 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Battle: KO 200
The Gaia Wrestling Network

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff