Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Artist Alley | Cosplay Commisioners | Buying Cosplays
Artist help?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sylvia Griffin

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:58 pm
Me and my friend wanted to get a booth at the artist alley at out next con, and have been working on art to sell. However, I have no idea where the best place to order prints of our art. What are the services/websites that people usually use?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:42 am
I'm not sure... I'm planning on doing the same thing, sort of... And I would suggest copy-shops for printing. They might be a little expensive if you want to print many of the same art.

I suppose it's best to google some print-service in your country. The ones I'll use won't be of any help to you because it's a shop situated only in my country... and unless you're Dutch, it won't help you a lot...

Qianna

Sugary Genius

Mayhem is Death

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:02 pm
Hello, you have a very good question there! I've been going to cons for about 12 years and working the artist alley for 8 of them. Most artists will either use the kinkos' standby, but the smart ones do their research and look for small printers who will be willing to make deals just to get the business. You will have to search your area to find them, but often you can save money by doing the research. I wish you luck and hope to hear more from you.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:49 pm
Find a print shop and stick with that specific one. In my experience most people at Kinkos don't know what they are doing and don't really care. I go to an Office Max and after several years of selling in AAs they know me and know what I want. I almost never have any problem with them whatsoever. When I can't always get there I go to an Office Depot, it's not as good, the people don't know what they are doing half the time and they like to act like it's my fault and that I'm the one who doesn't know what I'm doing. The one time I made the mistake of going to a Kinkos it printed like crap and it was expensive compared to the Office Max I go to.

I have discussed this matter with several artists and professors at my art college and they all say the same thing. Find a place that works for you, and never go anywhere else. But they tend to rate Office Max higher on the scale generally.  

MythicPhoenix

Artist Alley | Cosplay Commisioners | Buying Cosplays

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff