Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:05 pm
Leilani paled when he tugged her toward the ocean. She hadn't really been comfortable in the ocean since... the incident, and now he was pulling her straight into it. But he looked so happy that she didn't really want to burst his bubble. She hurt his feelings often enough as it was. Why couldn't she try to be normal just for one night? Just long enough to make Theron happy like he deserved? Or would it hurt him worse in the end?

Still undecided on what she should do, she let him pull her in to the gentle swells along the beach; gasping when the surf greedily swallowed her feet. Ignoring the sudden rush of fear that always ran through her when she went near the ocean, she gritted her teeth and waded in further. "I am not old!" she spit out, hoping the shiver in her voice could be mistaken for the cool waves causing her to shiver.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:44 pm
"Of course not!" laughs Theron. "We're children just now, remember?" He bends down and splashes her with water. He keeps a firm grip on her hand, just incase she tripped. Although technically he'd be more likely to fall, since she has feet and he basically has stones.

"Come on, then! Splash! Make a mess!"

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:04 pm
Leilani flinched as cool water hit her. Caught off guard, she tottered back on her feet; struggling to retrieve her balance as the moist sand slipped out from under her soles. "THERON!" she yelled, panicing at the thought of going under the water, Theron beside her or not.

Yanking hard on Theron's hand as she tried desperately to recover her balance but instead, pulled herself even further off balance.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:21 pm
Theron acts quickly, his hunter's reflexes taking over. He digs his hooves into the ground and kneels, scooping Leilani out of the water before she hits the bottom. Her back would be pretty wet, though.

He can't help but smile stupidly at her. He feels like her knight in shining armor. "Easy, I've got you," he reassures her. His wrap is soaked, and he's up to his waist in sea water. And he totally doesn't care.

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:43 pm
Leilani closed her eyes and screamed as the sea floor slipped form under her. The feel of strong arms around her wasit did nothing to equate her panic as she tumbled backward. Waiting for the water to envelop her, she sat stupidly on in his arms, still screaming, before realizing only her back was wet. Despite his reassuring words and strong arms around her, it took her another moment to realize what exactly had happened.

Her mouth clamping shut roughly, she opened her eyes and blinked stupidly at the ocean under her before turning bright red in embarassment. It took another few minutes to actually turn around and face the young faun. If only so she could yell yell at him for being so stupid and unthinking. When she finally did though, she forgot about everything she was about to scream at the poor guy.

There, sitting right in front of her was a Theron she hadn't seen, or wanted to see, since he had brought her home. Somone who was completely oblivious to everything, as usual, except her. Only this version was actually happy. His wet sash, sand encrusted bottom, and goofy grin said that much. It took days for sand to wash out of faun fur.

For the first time in a long time, she burst into laughter without having to force it out. "You look... Ridiculous." she tittered, laughing harder. Dear god, she looked ridiculous. Only one half of her body was wet, including her poor skirt and wings.

Laughing harder at the thought, she struggled a bit to get back on her feet. "Land Theron. Land." she demanded, pointing at the beach.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:02 pm
Theron stands and pulls Leilani to her feet. "Do I? I don't know about that, I think I look rather dignified, having just rescued you." He puts his hands on his hips, striking a superhero pose.

Just then a wave rolls out, pulling Theron with it. Since his hooves are so deeply planted in the sand, he doesn't go much of anywhere, but he does fall backwards on his rump. "Uf!" he exclaims. He makes a face. "Alright, now I look ridiculous." Groaning, he hauls himself up out of the water and pulls his hooves out one at the time, each making a deep squelching noise as he does. He leads Leilani to the dry part of the beach, and inspects himself for the damage.

He tries to brush the sand off of him, to no avail. He settles on wringing out his wrap. "Well then. That was exciting. What shall we do next, skydiving?" he teases.

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:27 pm
Leilani watched all of this stoically, the twitch in her mouth the only sign she found it amusing. It wasn't until he fell on his arse that she gave in again. She had completely forgotten about her fear of the water and anything else that once happened in it. All she could think about was the sound of Theron's rump hitting the water for the second time and the look on his face when it happened.

Doubled over, laughter bubbling up out of her again, she did her best to breath. "Oh gods, Theron." she gasped out eventually. Wiping the tears from her eyes, she shook her head at his offer. "No thank you, Sandy Bottom Boy." she declined, teasing him for his earlier superhero pose. "I think I've had enough 'excitement' for one night. Anymore of that stuff, and gods know what will happen to the two of us..." she said, the giggles starting over again.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:38 pm
"I guess some tea and a hot shower'll have to do for excitement, then. Guardians know it'll take me forever to get all this sand out of my fur, and it's getting dark anyway." He offers his hand.  

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:59 pm
Leilani nodded, ignoring his hand and wrapping an arm around Theron's offered limb instead. Her good mood was almost tangible now. Wether it was the andrenaline or the events of the night, for once she actually felt human. She felt alive. More alive than she had in weeks.

Seeing Theron so happy made her feel proud somehow. Like she was doing something right for once. She had managed the entire night without hurting his feelings. Quite a feat given her mental state. Gods knew he deserved that feeling of happiness after everything she'd put him through over the last few months.

Determined to keep the good mood going, she tugged at Theron's arm impatiently. "I believe I still have some Jasmine tea and honey cake somewhere at home." she offered merrily, not noticing that she had simply said home, not her home like she usually did.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:02 am
Theron laughs and allows himself to be dragged along. "That sounds perfectly wonderful. I say we split off to dry off and shower, and then meet back up for tea and cake. Sound good?"

His wet clothing would begin to chafe by the time they reached their respective homes, but somehow, at this moment, he didn't care. Lani was as happy as he'd ever seen her. Gods, it was like she was a new woman. The thought puts a spring in Theron's step.

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:40 pm
Leilani sighed, a bit dissapointed that he wasn't going to go straight home with her. I mean, if he waited too long, her good mood might dissapear like it always did. Then Theron would be sad again. Wouldn't it be best to stay with ehr as long as she was happy?

Frowning a bit in confusion, she struggled to clear the rush of thoughts in her head. What was she going to do? Did she demand he go home with her? Wouldn't that get his hopes up? What if tomorrow wasn't as bright as today? What if the next hour wasn't as bright as today? She wanted to make Theron happy but she wasn't sure she could keep up the good mood.

Leilani tugged his arm a bit, suddenly desperate to not let this new feeling of happiness go. She couldn't see Theron sad again. She didn't want to be by herself just yet, either. When she alone, she was sad. When she was with Theron, she wasn't allowed to be sad. It hurt Theron's feelings.

"Can't you just shower at my house?" she asked, trying to force some exuberance in her voice. "I mean, it's pointless for you to walk that far with sand in your..erm.. Yeah." she reasoned, trailing off with a blush. "I could get the tea and cakes ready and then you could eat while I wash off."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:12 am
"My fur?" he asks, amused. "I suppose, but it'll take a while so you'd have to be wet and cold while you make tea and cake." He shrugs. "But if you insist, I'll use your shower."

He loops his arm through hers and pats her hand. "You pick."

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:12 am
Leilani blushed deeper. She had meant his bum but now she didn't want to point that out. "It won't take that long. You're not that furry..." she reasoned, a small frown tracing her lips. "Then again, maybe it is pointless to for one of us to be cold and wet while the other bathes..."  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:35 pm
Now, Theron's in an exceptionally good mood, but he refuses to let it cloud his reasoning. If he'd been a less patient and good man, he might have responded with a suggestion that they shower together, then, but Theron merely smiles. The idea sounds wonderful to him, but he knew that if anything would put Lani out of her good mood, it would be a joke in poor taste.

"Perhaps you can go first then," he says, beginning to steer her toward home and walk. Perhaps they'd have this decided by the time they got there. "I'll keep warm enough in the kitchen while I get tea ready." His smile grows wider and more boyish as he looks at her. He's completely head-over-heels for her, and though he'd gotten excellent over time at hiding it, there was absolutely nothing he could do now to conceal how much he loves her.

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:02 pm
Leilani's frown deepened. "If you're sure you'll be warm enough..." she hesitated, letting Theron lead the way. She wasn't so sure this was a good idea anymore. What exactly she had been thinking, she couldn't tell you. Then again...

She peeked at Theron from the corners of her eyes. He seemed so happy. Did it really matter if she was more confused than ever and sort of just winging it on this 'normal' thing when Theron was happier than she'd seen him in months?

"You umm.. Know where the tea is right?" she asked, not even sure she had any left. It had been weeks since she had been to the morketplace and even longer since she had let Theron actually bring her groceries to her.

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff