A Gaia question... [EDIT]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fallen Angel Eternity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:26 pm
EDIT: I got both my accounts to work, thank goodness. Yay! heart

I hope I'm not posting this in the wrong forum, I'm sorry if I am. crying I'm not sure where to even put this question.

Here's what happened, I'll try and make it as brief as possible:

I started logging on to Gaia just recently; I've actually been a member since 2005, but I wasn't very thrilled with it after a while and left. I just came back last month and surprised myself that I actually remembered my password. I had three other accounts; two I made for my boyfriend and one other one for me (I like the privacy that having multiple accounts provides, I'm just weird, I guess) and I was trying to remember the passwords to those accounts. Unfortunately, I ended up locking myself out of two of them by entering the wrong password too many times. Those were my boyfriend's accounts. I kind of shrugged to myself and said oh well since he was never really that in to Gaia anyway. But then I went to log in on this account and my other one and it wouldn't take my passwords. I know I didn't change them. I started to panic and kept trying the passwords and sending forgotten password forms to my email, but all my efforts were to no avail. I made a new account using my mom's email and tried to look up some solutions to my problem in the forums. I couldn't find any, so I posted the question I had (in the wrong forum, of course, stupid me!) and ended up sounding more frustrated and angrier than I meant to. I got an answer from the forum moderator, who was upset that I posted in the wrong section, but advised me to post a General Account Inquiry ticket for each account I was having trouble with. I apologized to the moderator and tried to look up where to post that ticket, but I couldn't find it. I was too embarrassed to post another question (and still had no idea where to even post it) so I went and submitted a form that my account was hacked (even though I was pretty sure it was just me entering too many wrong passwords) and explained the whole situation in the form. That was about two hours ago.

I decided to try and give this account another try as I was getting ready for bed, and was relieved that it let me actually change my password and log in this time. But now I'm a little scared and worried about my other accounts, maybe even this one ...

I guess this is what happens when you're an old fart and are confronted with a new-fangled technology obstacle. It's doubly bad for me since not only does my old fart factor apply, but the fact that I'm not used to the new things about Gaia applies as well. *sigh!*

So, does anyone have any advice or consolation? I'm a little worried that I've royally screwed everything up, and I feel so embarrassed for asking so many dumb questions and doing so many dumb things. I'm going to be really sad if I'll never be able to log in to my other account because I have about 3 million gold on there. I hope I can log back in here to see any replies! crying

Thanks for reading all of this, you deserve a medal! lol! sweatdrop

~ Eternity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:20 pm
Us old farts have to stick together wink I'm still fairly new to gaia, i think nearing 2 years now (wow sweatdrop ) I'm guessing here, so...

Have you checked you emails for the other accounts to se if anyone emailed you info? Don't let the kids on here get to you too much, most of them are bored but there's a few that will help. Maybe some one has more too... or if I can remember what else I had.... sweatdrop From what I've seen, it could take a while.... But I hope you get back your stuff... thats gold that takes a while to build up  

iggies

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:40 pm
Oh, I saw your post in the bugs forum earlier. I couldn't think of any advice to offer at the time, though. sweatdrop Accounts usually only stay locked out for 15 minutes, I think. That's what it was when I was locked out for some reason. If you've just changed the password for this account, you should be able to log in to this one just fine. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:10 pm
iggies
Us old farts have to stick together wink I'm still fairly new to gaia, i think nearing 2 years now (wow sweatdrop ) I'm guessing here, so...

Have you checked you emails for the other accounts to se if anyone emailed you info? Don't let the kids on here get to you too much, most of them are bored but there's a few that will help. Maybe some one has more too... or if I can remember what else I had.... sweatdrop From what I've seen, it could take a while.... But I hope you get back your stuff... thats gold that takes a while to build up

Yes, we geezers should stick together, indeed! And we do! wink I'm really glad to be a part of this guild because I can always count on a heartfelt response instead of a rampaging flame. Thoughtful responses like yours are all a person needs sometimes, thank you! *hug* whee

I did check my email and nothing yet. I hope I'll get an answer, even if it takes a while. I'd rather have to jump through a few hoops than loose my old account permanently. But we'll see! 3nodding

Fallen Angel Eternity

Fallen Angel Eternity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:20 pm
Kits Rose
Oh, I saw your post in the bugs forum earlier. I couldn't think of any advice to offer at the time, though. sweatdrop Accounts usually only stay locked out for 15 minutes, I think. That's what it was when I was locked out for some reason. If you've just changed the password for this account, you should be able to log in to this one just fine. 3nodding

Oh, you saw that? How embarrassing. redface I was so livid. I really wish I would have been calmer.

That's one of the things I came across while trying to go through the forums for an answer; the 15-minute lock out thing. So that's why I kept trying. But even after waiting 30 minutes to an hour between every attempt I'm still locked out of my other account. I hope I wasn't banned from that account. crying

But, looking on the brightside; at least I still have this account, you're right, and I was lucky enough to have randomly transferred some of my more expensive items over here before all this happened.

We'll see how it goes. Thanks for your kind words. *hug*

Serious Conversations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff