Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Is it better to watch movies alone or with a friend? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do You Watch Movies Alone Or With A Friend?
  Alone
  With A Friend
  Either One Is Fine
View Results

Rosary16

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:12 pm
Do you watch movies alone or with a friend?
For me, both are fine. Both have their pros and cons.
The pros of watching a movie alone are you don't have to worry about your friend being bored with the movie and you won't be able to enjoy it if your friends are the chatty cathys who talk during the movie.
The cons are you don't have a buddy to laugh with or a shoulder to cry on if the movie makes you cry. Plus it's always fun to cheer during an action sequence or say, "Oh, man, that's sick!" when a character's limbs get torn off or something like that.
When you're watching it with a group of friends, you don't feel lonely and the fun doesn't have to end when the movie's over because you and your friends can do something else afterwards.
Anyway, do you like watching a movie alone or with friends or does it really matter to you?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:51 am
I usually prefer to go with a friend but going alone is ok is well  

Dark_Night1_Wing

Smashing Heartbeats

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:34 am
I'd prefer with a friend or 2 [:
Going alone is lonely and i've never tried that before ;/  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:29 am
Well it really depends on the friend that I go with. lol Because some of my friends talk during the movie which really pisses me off.

So I'd prefer to skip out on going with my friends Jas, Michelle. and go alone.

Whereas with my friends tom, Thomas, Sean, Katy and Jon I'd actually want to go with them because they can actually shut their mouths for an hour and a half.  

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

TheSmugChibi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:44 am
I feel the same as you. I don't mind watching alone, and I don't mind watching it with friends either, as long as they don't talk through the whole thing. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:55 pm
i've mastered tuning my friends out when i honestly wanna watch the movie. however, after all the inside jokes created from watching "jennifer's body" with my friends, i must say, i prefer the company.  

the_forgotten_thought

Your WatchQueen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:17 pm
I like both.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:54 pm
If it's sappy or going to make you cry, then alone

It's it's scary or a comedy, then with friends. and a camera xP  

Rasha is alone

Witty Phantom

12,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Yuki_Windira

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:39 pm
Eh,it depends on the movie and what mood your in. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:52 am
i prefer to watch them alone
it ******** annoys me when sonmeone is constantly asking questions during a film  

ReturnToOz

Hayyy

Ruthless Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:58 am
Friends

because of the movie is total s**t
we piss everyone off and like scream really loud

like the step father

rofl
God that movie was retarded  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:00 pm
Well it all depends on the movie your watching if it's goofy and stupid watch it with friends.

If the movie is good and appealing to your likeing or just so intense watched alone. Also depends on the content of the movie if your watching a movie filed with gore and violence and nudity (hostel) dont watch it with some friend you just met at some party .  

Atheist Guy

Amoriel

Beloved Lunatic

8,300 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:28 pm
It depends on the movie, the friends, and your mood.
If you're going watch a sad movie carrying a box of tissues and your blankie with the full intent of bawling your eyes out, don't bring the noisiest friend you've got. If you're going to a horror/gore flick knowing full well you're a scaredy cat, then by all means bring your friends...and your blankie. but it's just all the situation.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:46 am
It depends on how the movie is. If i think its going to be great I'll see it with one friend or by myself.... But if the movie is going to be horrid, thats when i bring the group and we start riffing on it as hard as we can.  

Soultakerboy

existolode

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:26 pm
Just as a lot of others have been saying, it all depends. :] If I don't have any friends (really, family in my case) who would be into a certain movie I want to watch or enjoy, than I'll watch it alone because I know they wouldn't be interested. If there is a certain movie I like that I know my friends (family, really) will like, than I will watch it with them or I could watch it alone too if I wanted too. It's kind of like, you need to know everyone's personality well enough to know which movies are good to watch with them, and that they will enjoy. The majority of time, I watch movies alone because I can never find anyone willing to watch a movie with me anyway. And I don't mind that.

With my father, I love watching especially comedies with him, because his reaction to the movies and his laughter makes the movie all the more enjoyable.

Oh, and yes. It does depend on your mood as well. So yeah, your mood, the type of movie, and the kind of person your friends or family are and what they are into is what really would determine whether you watch the movie alone or not. I think this is true for most people.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff