Constructive Criticism Plz?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ramen And Brownies

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:26 am
http://funsized-not-short.deviantart.com/art/Yuna-151495029

I'd like some helpful advice on what I can do to improve. Besides making the hand more anatomically correct. Comments?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:45 am
While I like how smooth your overall picture looks, I feel that the shading is too smooth. There are areas where the shadows should be harder and darker. Actually I feel that the entire picture could go darker to get a better contrast effect.
3nodding  

Venomous Serpent

Ramen And Brownies

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:07 pm
I can see that. Thanks! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:23 am
I see how you did the shading around where the sun goes through the leaves and on to her. I'd say, maybe instead of trying to blend the light in, make it more bold. Like, really show where the sun hits. Other than that I say well done, very nice :3  

Ix_PeroPero_xI

2,900 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50

ronnie92

Phantom

7,665 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • First Fall 15
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:48 am
Everything everyone else has said, generally more shadow everywhere. The forests tend to be darker if you go inside and the trees in the back look lighter than the one in the front. After that there is a mysterious green wall (?) The grass has the same issue: darker and bluer in the back and lighter and yellower in the front. Also the hair behind her head should be darker than the bangs. Also some more shadow under the boobs.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:46 pm
I agree what everyone is saying about the shadows, but you should work on the hair and wings some more.
The hair looks clumpy and akward, especially around the horn.
The wings, you could try detailing them a bit more and vary the length of the feathers to make it look more natural.  

xX Toxic Pawn Xx

ART

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff